GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw if she wanted cool pictures of decaying walls and just awesome shots, someone really should have told her to go to Rumeli Hisari .... Significantly cooler and no homeless people.

The police has a list of 40 people who could be a possible suspect. According to the strongest scenario of the police that's exactly the intention of the murderer. The police thinks that Sarai is killed somewhere else.
The murderer has met Sarai around the Eminonu area where she was shooting photos. After that they went to a bar and to the murderer's house. He made her an unacceptable proposal. They started arguing, then fighting. He hit her with a hard substance and she died.
Then he took her to the Cankurtaran walls thinking that it's the best place for his disguise since a lot of junkies, homeless and immigrants live there. It was his intention to overreach the police since he knew all of those people mentioned above (the junkies etc) would have their DNA's on her and while the police will be busy finding out and investigating the 40 possible suspects, he would gain time and even watch the investigations in the walls from a distance. The blanket he covered over her is probably from a homeless guy again with the same intentions

This scenario is precisely what I said early on. Then the murder weapon, the stone that was found onsite. hmmm

It is just so crazy how the media is just throwing out statements without them being FACTS! Just when we start to think we might be getting somewhere, we find out its not true or just a scrabbled statement that came from somewhere or someone and we are back at square one. Justice needs to be served already!!!!!

This scenario is precisely what I said early on. Then the murder weapon, the stone that was found onsite. hmmm

Yes this was my original thoughts too...I'm just trying it think about how the camera surveillance in cankurtan leading to her body, and her not being spotted by camera again fits into this....

.....in less LE claimed that's how they found her, and that was the last survelliance of her, and thus they BELIEVED she was killed there, so the real perp thought LE wasnt on his tail

I'm bet we wake up to an arrest tomorrow!

The police has a list of 40 people who could be a possible suspect. According to the strongest scenario of the police that's exactly the intention of the murderer. The police thinks that Sarai is killed somewhere else.
The murderer has met Sarai around the Eminonu area where she was shooting photos. After that they went to a bar and to the murderer's house. He made her an unacceptable proposal. They started arguing, then fighting. He hit her with a hard substance and she died.
Then he took her to the Cankurtaran walls thinking that it's the best place for his disguise since a lot of junkies, homeless and immigrants live there. It was his intention to overreach the police since he knew all of those people mentioned above (the junkies etc) would have their DNA's on her and while the police will be busy finding out and investigating the 40 possible suspects, he would gain time and even watch the investigations in the walls from a distance. The blanket he covered over her is probably from a homeless guy again with the same intentions

BBM: Earlier they said they found the rock the murderer used to hit her head with at the site where she was found! Ugh, so frustrating.

So really, the lady who said she saw the man carrying a body near the wall could be telling the truth?! After the police deny she was moved? I'm beginning to think LE is telling stories hoping one will be true.

Honestly, I always did believe her. The way she spoke, looked, all that made her very believable to me.

Hey guys, I just got finished reading from where I left off which was at 3am last night. All I can say is WOW!!!! But here is an arcticle that was just posted that I think will leave a better mark for you all on SS. I must say, I definitely appreciate how the NY Times used their words!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/n...ned-from-turkey-but-mystery-remains.html?_r=0

Thank you!

From the article:

Court records show Ms. Sierra filed for bankruptcy in 2005 under the weight of thousands of dollars in credit card debts. The records list her as unemployed and her marital status as separated. But her father, Dennis Jimenez, knew of no recent marital or financial troubles.

Does anyone know if a married person can file for bankruptcy without including their spouse just by saying they are separated? Or, have they really been separated this long, even though her father had no idea?

The killer may have killed her by hitting her in the head with something in his apartment, then transported her body to the walls and laid her down, hitting her hard in the face/head with a stone to make it look like the murder was actually committed there...

The killer may have killed her by hitting her in the head with something in his apartment, then transported her body to the walls and laid her down, hitting her hard in the face/head with a stone to make it look like the murder was actually committed there...

Good point. Hopefully LE can tell the difference between pre and post mortem wounds, and can get a good idea if that's what occurred here.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

I'd add to that list the question of what/who informed her of those walls to begin with. Not one person familiar with that area has said they believe she could have happened on them on her own. Someone told her to go there. Why? Who?

I believe she could have found that area on her own since I went by there when I was in Istanbul last fall. I came from the other direction having been in the main tourist area and then walking somewhat randomly towards the water--went through some sort of city park and ended up on Kennnedy Caddesi and headed toward the Galata Bridge. I didn't go off the sidewalk but from the quote below I can easily imagine she might have--there would have been better photo shots from above.

A month before her trip, Ms. Sierra formed a bond with three amateur photographers in New York, meeting several weekends in unfamiliar areas of the city to shoot digital images on her Samsung phone. “She had, honestly, no fear wherever she went,” said Jay Pereira, 29, one member of the group. “Her mind was so adventurous.” http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/n...ey-but-mystery-remains.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Of course now they're saying she was killed elsewhere so this may all be moot. Though it is curious if the previous report that they found the rock that killed her was true.

I have not had time to read all the thread just the last 10 pages but I have to ask. Has espionage been ruled out?:truce:

Hey guys, I just got finished reading from where I left off which was at 3am last night. All I can say is WOW!!!! But here is an arcticle that was just posted that I think will leave a better mark for you all on SS. I must say, I definitely appreciate how the NY Times used their words!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/n...ned-from-turkey-but-mystery-remains.html?_r=0

Krys, welcome back. I was just going to post this article, and all I can say is this is real reporting. This is a great article that gives us a better picture of Sarai, the trip, relationship..etc. Very well done, and their reporting and "sources" close some loose ends as far as I am concerned. NY Times is night and day compared to the NY Post.

Here's some more details in addition to what someone else already posted upthread from this article:

Mr. Pereira said he took her to Flushing, Queens, four days before her trip. She had never been there before, he said, but quickly took to photographing train tracks at a Long Island Rail Road stop. “She went down into the tracks, putting her phone literally on the rail,” he said. “Good thing no train came while she was down there.”

Ms. Pereira said they briefly discussed her impending trip. “She said, ‘I really do need a vacation,’ ” he remembered.

And more from the article above:

Court records show Ms. Sierra filed for bankruptcy in 2005 under the weight of thousands of dollars in credit card debts. The records list her as unemployed and her marital status as separated. But her father, Dennis Jimenez, knew of no recent marital or financial troubles.

Many people don't qualify for bankruptcy unless they file taxes separately. The other way around is to actually separate. Then the other spouse's income (in this case, the husband's) can't be included in the filing. (ETA - I see that Meri addressed this issue also)

I wonder if this is what she did and how the rumors got started about them being separated.

Based on what I've read, she was no wallflower, sitting at home and being sheltered.

Btw, this is on the American women VS Turkish women topic, and though I know Turkey is a predominantly Muslim country, it is where East meets West, and obviously has more openess than say Saudi Arabia. So with that in mind, after coming across this page of actual Turkish woman living IN Turkey (Most still living in Turkey it appears), I have to agree with ThinkingHard and others who have stated that Sarai wasn't exactly dressed provocatively with her clothes. Take a look at some of the pics of the girls at the Turkish clubs or just outside, looks like SoCal or Miami or other cities of young women dressed down in the summertime.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turkish-Girls/135437133246676

So I debunk the theory she was targeted for the way she was dressed, just do not believe it at all.

ps: I now find Turkish women to be highly attractive.

Thank you!

From the article:

Does anyone know if a married person can file for bankruptcy without including their spouse just by saying they are separated? Or, have they really been separated this long, even though her father had no idea?

Good question. I checked NYC bankruptcy laws and it appears the answer is yes according to this site.

http://www.newyorkbankruptcylaw.com/faq.html#19

I think the NYT article probably says it best regarding what the fact that social media potentially makes one oblivious to risk. We are all guilty of it. I could understand how one would feel comfortable meeting people in person you corresponded w for months. They seem real to you, you read their words, that person is not scary to you...you can even see that here on WS...

It is a shame but probably the most likely scenario is she met someone on social media that ended up harming her... Same risk millions take every day when they meet for similar purposes or for Internet dating but she was just unlucky...

The NYT article also sheds light on the fact that she went to what seems like deserted places w strangers in NYC, because she met them online, though it seems like the NYC stuff might have been in groups.

as a mom to 3 ages 1, 8 and 10, no way no how would I ever leave the country without them until they are adults. and while I love the fact I can travel alone as a woman, heck, I have NO desire to. is this all for an affair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei