GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few new stuff. I really feel bad about bring the news here, because they are going to be denied anyway.

I don't have time to translate but I can summarize.

This is a summary of everything. Also has a list of questions to be yet answered. It is written in a very sensible and clever way compared to other stuff from turkish press. I have a feeling that the writer was reading this thread.
It even has Tarkan's picture.
http://haber.gazetevatan.com/iste-adim-adim-olume-yolculuk/512700/1/Manset

This one is saying maybe the murderer run away from the railway.
http://haber.gazetevatan.com/Haber/512702/1/Gundem

Finally, this one says number of suspects increased to 46 now.
http://www.sabah.com.tr/Gundem/2013/02/08/supheli-sayisi-46yi-buldu

Few new stuff. I really feel bad about bring the news here, because they are going to be denied anyway.

This is a summary of everything. Also has a list of questions to be yet answered. It is written in a very sensible and clever way compared to other stuff from turkish press. I have a feeling that the writer was reading this thread.

I think the picture in that first article is her husband? If that man is Taylan it sure looks alot like her husband!!

I think the picture in that first article is her husband? If that man is Taylan it sure looks alot like her husband!!

I don't believe that is her husband. Who is the older man inset in the picture above Taylan with Sarai sitting on turtles? He looks like he's been crying.

looks like the image I posted which got deleted by the mods was TK. The image they have is the same thumbnail, I hope they confirmed the photo is TK.

Wouldn't they have DNA results now on Taylan? Even though there is alot to get through, would not they do his tests first? And at least have some idea if there is a match? It has been almost a week...

W all the leaks in this case, true or otherwise, you would think we would be hearing whether there is DNA match on him...

Indeed, fingernail clippings, if they have them, probably will be key...

I wonder if they photographed Taylans body for scratching (or anyone else for that matter). I KNOW SHE WOULD HAVE FOUGHT LIKE ANYTHING

Wouldn't they have DNA results now on Taylan? Even though there is alot to get through, would not they do his tests first? And at least have some idea if there is a match? It has been almost a week...

W all the leaks in this case, true or otherwise, you would think we would be hearing whether there is DNA match on him...

Indeed, fingernail clippings, if they have them, probably will be key...

I wonder if they photographed Taylans body for scratching (or anyone else for that matter). I KNOW SHE WOULD HAVE FOUGHT LIKE ANYTHING

I think you missed it. All DNA results are back and it didn't match with any of the suspects'.

I think you missed it. All DNA results are back and it didn't match with any of the suspects'.

Wow, so what does that mean? Does that mean we can actually eliminate Taylan, the landlord, etc? What about the other IG, did they find him and was his DNA tested?

Is it the fact that we know the DNA left on her was the killers? Sometimes, there could be innocuous DNA left so just bc there is foreign DNA on her does not always mean that it is killers. Which means, that just bc DNA does not match does not mean you can eliminate Taylan, etc. bc maybe the killer did not leave DNA.

Could it be that it was truly a random crime? It looks increasingly to be the case that it was random...Taylan has to be one of the unluckiest people if that is the case! Poor guy if that is in fact the case!

Has this been posted here yet? I knew about the carpet salesman but not about a boarding house owner...

The boarding house owner is the landlord at the place she rented. He's on my suspect list as well.

**correction, maybe the boarding house owner they are referring to is the guy who gave SS a business card? not sure

The boarding house owner is the landlord at the place she rented. He's on my suspect list as well.

So it is the same guy? I was wondering about that. With the way it was worded - "a boarding house owner" vs "the boarding house owner" - I wasn't sure.

**correction, maybe the boarding house owner they are referring to is the guy who gave SS a business card? not sure

I thought the business card guy was owned a carpet business? I assumed he was the carpet 'salesman' they referred to.

I found it - the carpet guy was the one with the business card (bbm):

NEWS

This one claims that they had sex twice and used condom in both. (I am writing this as this is from a source I think is credible. I always thought that if Taylan is saying they had sex than that's to cover up the sperm-dna in her body. I wasn't expecting this)

In the initial investigation done when SS reported missing showed that she was talking to few people from istanbul but the conversations were deleted. After that the records were sent to Turkish LE they found out that she was often talking to a guy who has a hostel in Cankurtaran! It is alleged that they also met. Police is investigating this further.

Police is also looking for a guy who works in a carpet shop. He is seen when giving his business card to SS. Again police is investigating this further.

http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/haber/817891-halici-ve-pansiyoncu-araniyor

Wow, so what does that mean? Does that mean we can actually eliminate Taylan, the landlord, etc? What about the other IG, did they find him and was his DNA tested?

Is it the fact that we know the DNA left on her was the killers? Sometimes, there could be innocuous DNA left so just bc there is foreign DNA on her does not always mean that it is killers. Which means, that just bc DNA does not match does not mean you can eliminate Taylan, etc. bc maybe the killer did not leave DNA.

Could it be that it was truly a random crime? It looks increasingly to be the case that it was random...Taylan has to be one of the unluckiest people if that is the case! Poor guy if that is in fact the case!

Yes exactly...we can eliminate them. But no further information is released. Of course I am not sure but they believe she resisted and the dna found under her nails.

Taylan's lawyer spoke to press and said Taylan is not related LE has all the proof. He seemed very confident. A bit after that we learned dna didn't match.

It could be random but there are other allegations about people she met, seen with etc. Its not easy to know whats is a rumor and what is not but I hope we'll learn soon.

Has this been posted here yet? I knew about the carpet salesman but not about a boarding house owner...

That article was interesting, it notes that Taylan had sex w her twice but they do not seem to think it is related to her death. If true that he had sex w her, and he in fact is NOT the killer, then he really has to be the unluckiest person in the world,

I feel horrible for husband if that was true, it says they are having Valentine Day wake for her since that is 15 years since he proposed. To find out your wife died and now to possibly find out she had affair must be horrible!

I remember when I went to Turkey, carpet salesman are everywhere and they all want you to come in their shop. They stand in the street asking you to come in. Some can be quite aggressive and pushy, practically begging you to come in and look. There are just so many shops so I imagine they have to be pushy to sell the carpets bc of all the competition.

I was in kusadasi and I recall too the restaurant people being very aggressive too, coming up to you on the streets and handing you menus, following you down the street and wanting you to come in. They just want the business, but I just recall them being much more aggressive than most other places I have been (and I have been to many countries).

Could it be that she was walking and either stopped or was pressured to stop in one of the shops? And the store owner tried to rape her and she resisted?

Or perhaps she was going to buy a carpet the last day? It is an extremely common souvenir from Turkey since it is what they are known for. Carpet stores are everywhere. Perhaps she actually went in to buy a carpet and negotiations got heated, maybe he was trying to cheat her, she walked out and the salesman got mad at her and killed her?

So it is the same guy? I was wondering about that. With the way it was worded - "a boarding house owner" vs "the boarding house owner" - I wasn't sure.

No its not the same guy. This one is new.

This is from the same link.

In the initial investigation done when SS reported missing showed that she was talking to few people from istanbul but the conversations were deleted. After that the records were sent to Turkish LE they found out that she was often talking to a guy who owns a hostel in Cankurtaran! It is alleged that they also met. Police is investigating this further.

http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/habe...yoncu-araniyor

If we can eliminate Taylan, then I would assume his story about the sex is true because if he was not the killer, he would have no incentive to make up a story about the sex,

If the sex story is true, that certainly tells us more about the motives for the trip. It certainly was not just to photograph but to escape from her "real life" and do something adventurous and out of character (for a Christian, as it seems from NYT article that she was a devout Christian). I guess that may have been the very strong pull that took her to Turkey. I am surprised, I did not think she had an affair but if Taylan is not the killer, then I guess I was wrong on that...

If we can eliminate Taylan, then I would assume his story about the sex is true because if he was not the killer, he would have no incentive to make up a story about the sex,

If the sex story is true, that certainly tells us more about the motives for the trip. It certainly was not just to photograph but to escape from her "real life" and do something adventurous and out of character (for a Christian, as it seems from NYT article that she was a devout Christian). I guess that may have been the very strong pull that took her to Turkey. I am surprised, I did not think she had an affair but if Taylan is not the killer, then I guess I was wrong on that...

Well again, the fact that he said that they had sex is not confirmed. I think. My brain is fried, can't remember anything :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487