GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the headline "Taylan Degil Tarkan" mean?

Tarkan ıs not Taylan , or Not Taylan but Tarkan

Değıl ıs a negatıve word meaning basically NOT.....

I always found this humorous because it usually comes at the end of a sentence

For example in Turkish sentence structure "that girl is pretty not" meaning she's not pretty ..... But it always reminded me of that obnoxious joke in America where someone would say something nice and then pause and say NOT!

krys, welcome back. I was just going to post this article, and all i can say is this is real reporting. This is a great article that gives us a better picture of sarai, the trip, relationship..etc. Very well done, and their reporting and "sources" close some loose ends as far as i am concerned. Ny times is night and day compared to the ny post.

i couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!

Some Turkish journalists are reading this web site!!!!

Wow -- Hurriyet cites the "Websleuths" forum for the speculation far upthread that Instagram users taylloo and sahhrudd may have been the same person...and may also be Taylan/Tarkan, etc....

You're in print, whoever said that! Well done...
LINK

:what::what::what:

Interesting, yesterday I though that they are reading this thread but seriously didn't expect this. Erm....ok. If he/she read it carefully there was proof in IG. Anyway I am not going to complain. It also clears up the Tarkan-Taylan issue.

This is a summary of everything. Also has a list of questions to be yet answered. It is written in a very sensible and clever way compared to other stuff from turkish press. I have a feeling that the writer was reading this thread.
It even has Tarkan's picture.
http://haber.gazetevatan.com/iste-adim-adim-olume-yolculuk/512700/1/Manset

I think the picture in that first article is her husband? If that man is Taylan it sure looks alot like her husband!!

The smaller one at the bottom is Taylan....it's the same picture I found when I google imaged @taylloo

Google translate says 'Tarkan is not Taylan'. Is that correct? (Nevermind - I see now that it means something different. Still, I wonder about the 2nd guy mentioned in the article)

ETA - The latest NY Times article posted upthread says that she met at least two IG friends in Turkey. I wonder if perhaps Taylan is *not* Tarkan. Hmmm.

thats what i sad...a couple nights back i posted on here a link to the page where the name "tarkan1971" posted a comment on SS's instagram pic...But when I clicked on his page there was nothing to show!

That article was interesting, it notes that Taylan had sex w her twice but they do not seem to think it is related to her death. If true that he had sex w her, and he in fact is NOT the killer, then he really has to be the unluckiest person in the world,

I feel horrible for husband if that was true, it says they are having Valentine Day wake for her since that is 15 years since he proposed. To find out your wife died and now to possibly find out she had affair must be horrible!

I remember when I went to Turkey, carpet salesman are everywhere and they all want you to come in their shop. They stand in the street asking you to come in. Some can be quite aggressive and pushy, practically begging you to come in and look. There are just so many shops so I imagine they have to be pushy to sell the carpets bc of all the competition.

I was in kusadasi and I recall too the restaurant people being very aggressive too, coming up to you on the streets and handing you menus, following you down the street and wanting you to come in. They just want the business, but I just recall them being much more aggressive than most other places I have been (and I have been to many countries).

Could it be that she was walking and either stopped or was pressured to stop in one of the shops? And the store owner tried to rape her and she resisted?

Or perhaps she was going to buy a carpet the last day? It is an extremely common souvenir from Turkey since it is what they are known for. Carpet stores are everywhere. Perhaps she actually went in to buy a carpet and negotiations got heated, maybe he was trying to cheat her, she walked out and the salesman got mad at her and killed her?

Kusadasi and Istanbul ? Sounds like you went to Turkey on a cruise....

If that's the case, the shops and restaurants in those two places know when the cruise ships are in town and can usually spot the cruisers, they are very pushy and aggressive, because they want your business and assume you have the money to spend. Kusadasi everything is very over priced. They tend to jack up prices when they know cruise ships are about, simply because they are banking and the nativity of tourists. So if you were there on a cruise, this might have partly influenced your experience.

That article was interesting, it notes that Taylan had sex w her twice but they do not seem to think it is related to her death. If true that he had sex w her, and he in fact is NOT the killer, then he really has to be the unluckiest person in the world,

I feel horrible for husband if that was true, it says they are having Valentine Day wake for her since that is 15 years since he proposed. To find out your wife died and now to possibly find out she had affair must be horrible!

I remember when I went to Turkey, carpet salesman are everywhere and they all want you to come in their shop. They stand in the street asking you to come in. Some can be quite aggressive and pushy, practically begging you to come in and look. There are just so many shops so I imagine they have to be pushy to sell the carpets bc of all the competition.

I was in kusadasi and I recall too the restaurant people being very aggressive too, coming up to you on the streets and handing you menus, following you down the street and wanting you to come in. They just want the business, but I just recall them being much more aggressive than most other places I have been (and I have been to many countries).

Could it be that she was walking and either stopped or was pressured to stop in one of the shops? And the store owner tried to rape her and she resisted?

Or perhaps she was going to buy a carpet the last day? It is an extremely common souvenir from Turkey since it is what they are known for. Carpet stores are everywhere. Perhaps she actually went in to buy a carpet and negotiations got heated, maybe he was trying to cheat her, she walked out and the salesman got mad at her and killed her?

To the part about her being raped in the shop, I'm going to say the chances of that are a big 0. They may be pushy but they want your money, they don't rape people in the back of their shops.

And considering the cheapest carpet you can buy is at least 200 US dollars for a 3x5 all wool killim.......and a slightly larger size 100% silk carpet is more like 2000, with her limited funds I doubt she would be in the market for a carpet.

Since there's a lull in new news on this case, I just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone for making this thread such a great community to explore, reflect, commiserate and theorize on this tragedy.

Every one who has posted has had unique perspectives and information to offer, and all of you have enriched my understanding of Turkey, America, gender, crime, politics, economics and so much more beyond the scope of the particulars of the case.

Thank you all so much and let's keep trying to hear and respect one another!!!!

ThinkHard, on that trip to Istanbul, did you happen to meet this wonderful guy Taylan or Tarkan or something? I hear he likes lady tourists...and nightclubs...

Haha nope, I don't believe so...however I have been to a few night clubs near Taksim that it wouldn't surprise me to learn someone had sex in the bathroom there...just not me! Haha

If we can eliminate Taylan, then I would assume his story about the sex is true because if he was not the killer, he would have no incentive to make up a story about the sex,

If the sex story is true, that certainly tells us more about the motives for the trip. It certainly was not just to photograph but to escape from her "real life" and do something adventurous and out of character (for a Christian, as it seems from NYT article that she was a devout Christian). I guess that may have been the very strong pull that took her to Turkey. I am surprised, I did not think she had an affair but if Taylan is not the killer, then I guess I was wrong on that...

I would add to this that if LE can say for sure that the man who killed her is not the man she had sex with twice (once the night before her death), then they must have a pretty good idea who specifically harmed her. Otherwise, there is no way he wouldn't be suspect number one, IMO.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Good questions. Maybe TK wasn't that attracted to SS. Maybe he viewed her as, how can I say this, not so sophisticated.

Early on, when we all first learned of @Taylloo, I found lot's of images linked backed to him in some way or another, either through comments left on other photoshare user's images or cached images I believe he photographed himself....guess what all of these photos had in common? Gorgeous women, I mean really gorgeous red carpet model types. I personally think SS was a beautiful young woman but I think his taste in women may be a bit above that. To be honest, now that we've been informed of his pedigree and now are able to put a face behind it, I don't see his type being all that into a young woman like SS. Sex here and there, ok but chasing after, maybe not.

We have to focus on that landlord and this new fellow that has popped up.

If he has a family that includes a wife, that may make things tricky as far as trying to get away for a ride in a toilet somewhere. :)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, Beth.

Excellent information. Thank you so much for your input.

Please, please keep us informed.

i, for one, believe this version.

I assume you are in Turkey and I wish to take this as an opportunity to thank you and all the other Turkish locals for everything you do to illuminate and resolve this case.

I also want to say that I have enjoyed hearing from members throughout the world, their opinions and experiences. I was born and was brought up in Europe, and I have been living for many years in the US. I can and want to offer my opinions and hear what every single ones of you have to say.

I find something positive in this very sad time that brought us together. Let's continue be friends and try to understand each other's lives. I know Saria would enjoy that. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. And, I want to tell them she lives on in our lives through her wonderful photos. May she rest in peace.
xo

European politeness combined with American sincerity. Excellent combination.

My favorite entry so far.

Thanks a lot.

It is just so crazy how the media is just throwing out statements without them being FACTS! Just when we start to think we might be getting somewhere, we find out its not true or just a scrabbled statement that came from somewhere or someone and we are back at square one. Justice needs to be served already!!!!!

With so few facts, did we ever leave Square One?

I have not had time to read all the thread just the last 10 pages but I have to ask. Has espionage been ruled out?:truce:

I don't think it's the direction we're leaning towards at the moment- but honestly, I don't think we've been able to rule out much of anything with any confidence. LOL.

Honestly, I always did believe her. The way she spoke, looked, all that made her very believable to me.

Back me up Turkish speakers, she sounded kinda funny. Not Richard Simmons funny but really weird funny. If not in shock, she may be un poco loco. (or loca)

Wow -- Hurriyet cites the "Websleuths" forum for the speculation far upthread that Instagram users taylloo and sahhrudd may have been the same person...and may also be Taylan/Tarkan, etc....

LINK

At least we know the info they get from this forum is likely to be more accurate than what they're coming up with from their own sources. I predict we'll start seeing media reports citing "anonymous sources" that are direct quotes from our threads.

LINK

I haven't talked about the rest.

Anyway apparently Tarkan was another guy who only said have fun in Turkey and end up being questioned for 2 hours.
It says Taylan had been questioned for 6 hours and told police the bar they went and even showed where they sat. It also says that if google @taylloo you can find photos he took including the ones taken in that area, walls etc.

----
The writer says there is no proof that taylloo and sahhrudd are the same person. That's a reply to her/him:
İnternette bazı forumlarda (websleuths.com gibi) yazılan yorumlara göre @taylloo ile @sahhrudd aynı kişi. Fakat bunu gösteren herhangi bir emare yok. Neticede Instagram açık bir site, üye olan herkes istediği fotoğrafın altına istediği yorumu yapabilir.

Of course there is a proof. I can't post it here as Taylan is not proven to be guilty but when you change your instagram username it only changes in the comments you did in the past. If somebody referred to you to answer before you changed your name, it still has the old username. You can see if you check the comments more carefully.

At least we know the info they get from this forum is likely to be more accurate than what they're coming up with from their own sources. I predict we'll start seeing media reports citing "anonymous sources" that are direct quotes from our threads.

bet2173, what's your say on this? :)

I hope that law enforcement is looking at possible Internet accounts that her husband was NOT aware of. We know he gave info for her Instagram, gmail. But is this WAS a case of being flirty with guys (still my gut - I still think she went there to meet someone and it headed south which is why Takan/Taylan ended up spending so much time with her). Then their conversations are unlikely to have occurred on accounts that her husband had accsess to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member