GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back me up Turkish speakers, she sounded kinda funny. Not Richard Simmons funny but really weird funny. If not in shock, she may be un poco loco. (or loca)

She sounds funny.

I love the beginning too, she says I won't talk and then suddenly tells all the details.

At least we know the info they get from this forum is likely to be more accurate than what they're coming up with from their own sources. I predict we'll start seeing media reports citing "anonymous sources" that are direct quotes from our threads.

The best part will start when US press will translate them. Be ready to see your nick in NYposy!

Good point. Hopefully LE can tell the difference between pre and post mortem wounds, and can get a good idea if that's what occurred here.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

It's difficult after so much time. Yet still possible. We are doing the best we can. I mean they are.

I hope that law enforcement is looking at possible Internet accounts that her husband was NOT aware of. We know he gave info for her Instagram, gmail. But is this WAS a case of being flirty with guys (still my gut - I still think she went there to meet someone and it headed south which is why Takan/Taylan ended up spending so much time with her). Then their conversations are unlikely to have occurred on accounts that her husband had accsess to.

Wow, smart and true. Everyone that I know has more than my email. I ended up having a few. I wonder if she has a laptop back home. I don't know how else they can determine it.

bet2173, what's your say on this? :)

And what's yours? You didn't say anything?

The NY daily news article (which has slightly more credibility than the NY post which also reports it) also reported the sexual encounter. daily news is less of a tabloid than the post. They talked to the lawyer though it is not clear from the article whether that info about the sex was actually confirmed by the lawyer. I would have thought that if the sex story were not true, they would not have reported it as fact as the lawyer either would have denied it or would have refused to comment on it..it is not clear from the article whether the sex story is coming from lawyer or the police..

Some of the local NY press is also running w the sex story...

What is odd about the sex story, if truth, is if she was going there for an affair, why not stay w Taylan? Why only meet w him twice? Why not have sex everyday, why only twice, if that was your purpose in going? Why not come back to her hostel for sex? The sex story, if true, is just odd..

OK. I wouldn't know about Taylan. But when an average Turkish guy has sex with a woman (this detail is important) :), he will definitely do his best to meet her again even if the chance of doing it again is 0.000001%.

Conclusion: If Taylan didn't or couldn't meet SS on that day, that means they never had sex.

Some Turkish journalists are reading this web site!!!!

Wow -- Hurriyet cites the "Websleuths" forum for the speculation far upthread that Instagram users taylloo and sahhrudd may have been the same person...and may also be Taylan/Tarkan, etc....

You're in print, whoever said that! Well done...

LINK

They're definitely reading this site! They're running that cached photo I posted (which was deleted by mods) of TK

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/iste-adim-adim-olume-yolculuk/512700/1/Manset

Ok just finished catching up. I had to go out and get a few things from the store...apparently the forecast is reporting some death defying snowstorm coming this way....geez talk about media hysteria....they act like New England has never seen snow before.

Anyway I think it's pretty funny that websleuths is being written about in the Turkish media. I hope the rest of you are as entertained by that as I am.

And yes lavy you are right about the taylloo sahhrudd thing, it is the same person and tree is proof. But I still don't know if I think he killed her. Though I do believe the likelyhood of him telling the truth about having sex with her is pretty high. I think he just is probably a womanizer...and Yashim if he had other girls he was sleeping with I don't think your theory about him not meeting with her means he did t get some. Maybe he just has a lot of offers.

I think there are two separate boarding guys, I think there is the one who she rented her room from, and then a second one who she happened to know from istagram, met with in person, and happens to have a place in cankurtan. We know Taylan was familiar with the walls because he has an istagram picture he posted from there. The other Tarkan on IG is a completely separate person, and I don't think is involved at all.

I'm suspicious about this other guy, the one who owns a place in cankurtan, in theory he would be familiar with those walls because he would know the area. Here's a question, could they have met at the walls....he took her the back way through woods and gulhane park to his apartment? Then something led to her death there, and the body was brought back to the walls and dumped? Or could a lot of what we had originally theororized have actually take place btw her and this other guy rather then Taylan. What if it was this guy who was jealous of Taylan and sarai falling for such a playboy?

Depending on the context, "emotional relationship" may well mean "animalistic sex".

I disagree, animalistic sex is about instinct, as in animal instinct, instinct to hunt, instinct to fight, instinct to reproduce. By the very nature of animalistic instinct it is void of emotional connection and focused natural drive.

OK. I wouldn't know about Taylan. But when an average Turkish guy has sex with a woman (this detail is important) :), he will definitely do his best to meet her again even if the chance of doing it again is 0.000001%.

Conclusion: If Taylan didn't or couldn't meet SS on that day, that means they never had sex.

Or someone intervened before he could meet with her making him unable to.

The one thing we haven't talked about much. Whomever took her ipad / iphone... I'm not sure they took it because they wanted to sell them / wanted the money. If that were the case, she was wearing real gold jewlery which would be worth money too.

Someone took it because they were worried whatever was on it would lead the police back to them. Which tells me she's likely been in communication with the person who did this.

Do Turkish officials request "phone" records? Does Sarai's family know if she used messaging apps (what ones were they?) There was a reference on her IG to another user "text me on my ipad" or something similar. If said person didn't ALSO have an iDevice then she was using a texting app on her iPad. What was it and can they get records? Google voice is a popular one if you are texting to overseas, whatsapp is another popular one. Both use wifi not cell signals.

Tarkan sure is cute.I love my bf a LOT but I think if a guy that cute came onto me while I was a million miles away from home,it would be VERY hard to refuse,lol. In fact, most of those Turkish guys look hot.I can't imagine being a woman living in Turkey surrounded by hot looking guys everyday!
That would be torture!

Ok just finished catching up. I had to go out and get a few things from the store...apparently the forecast is reporting some death defying snowstorm coming this way....geez talk about media hysteria....they act like New England has never seen snow before.

Anyway I think it's pretty funny that websleuths is being written about in the Turkish media. I hope the rest of you are as entertained by that as I am.

And yes lavy you are right about the taylloo sahhrudd thing, it is the same person and tree is proof. But I still don't know if I think he killed her. Though I do believe the likelyhood of him telling the truth about having sex with her is pretty high. I think he just is probably a womanizer...and Yashim if he had other girls he was sleeping with I don't think your theory about him not meeting with her means he did t get some. Maybe he just has a lot of offers.

I think there are two separate boarding guys, I think there is the one who she rented her room from, and then a second one who she happened to know from istagram, met with in person, and happens to have a place in cankurtan. We know Taylan was familiar with the walls because he has an istagram picture he posted from there. The other Tarkan on IG is a completely separate person, and I don't think is involved at all.

I'm suspicious about this other guy, the one who owns a place in cankurtan, in theory he would be familiar with those walls because he would know the area. Here's a question, could they have met at the walls....he took her the back way through woods and gulhane park to his apartment? Then something led to her death there, and the body was brought back to the walls and dumped? Or could a lot of what we had originally theororized have actually take place btw her and this other guy rather then Taylan. What if it was this guy who was jealous of Taylan and sarai falling for such a playboy?

Great summary.

I don't give a chance to Taylan to be involved anymore. If there was a suspicion he would be detained by now.

I wonder if they found the hostel guy and took samples from him. I believe so if you have a hostel its probably easy to find him. Also if she became friends with someone who has a hostel why she didn't stayed there?
Though I doubt if these people knew about each other.

Maybe Yashim can give a better answer but I think yes he might have taken her from the woods, railway and gulhane parki and not be seen in any cameras. I don't know how could he can carry her back...even with a car without being seen. That part doesn't make sense.

Yashim :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I almost sprayed my coffee to the screen

????????

You keep insisting there was no sex between Taylan and SS. I'm not sure why you are so certain. No one else seems to be as certain as you are this did not occur.

Your argument here does not hold. Taylan did try to meet her on the 21st. In fact, he dropped everything and tried really hard to do so. In the middle of a work day. By his own admission, in his own words, he went down to Galata Bridge and spent a long time trying to reach her and find her.

Am I about to be famous? If I am, I need to go touch up my roots and get my nails done. I'm not media ready. Is it premature to quit my day job? :floorlaugh:

Also I just want to comment on the fact regarding Sarai's potential infidelity. I think we all have to keep in mind that it really doesn't matter if she did or did not, or if she had multiple partners in Turkey. We do not know where she was in her life, we do not know what her relationship with her husband was. Perhaps he said to her, go and have time to yourself, you don't have to tell me anything, and when you get back we can figure out where we are, and where we as a couple are going. Perhaps he just loved her so much that he was willing to give her that freedom without judgement.

I think that we should focus on the choices she made or didn't make as they relate to what may or may not have led to her death, but not to make judgements on who she was as a person.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this, I just want to make sure we keep this in mind as we proceed with dissecting these details.

Ok- so there was a media report last night that said LE thinks SS went to a bar with a dude on the day she went missing, went back to his place, had an argument after he made some kind of unacceptable proposal, and was murdered there.

Taylan claims he had sex with SS in the bathroom of a bar.

Are they talking about the same incident, perhaps? I know TK's "encounter" was supposed to have occured the night before SS vanished, but what if it didn't? What if it happened the day she vanished instead?

????????

You keep insisting there was no sex between Taylan and SS. I'm not sure why you are so certain. No one else seems to be as certain as you are this did not occur.

Your argument here does not hold. Taylan did try to meet her on the 21st. In fact, he dropped everything and tried really hard to do so. In the middle of a work day. By his own admission, in his own words, he went down to Galata Bridge and spent a long time trying to reach her and find her.

Reading his and his lawyer's statements, I didn't interpret it as he did his best. But if he did, my theory does not hold.

:furious:
Or someone intervened before he could meet with her making him unable to.

The one thing we haven't talked about much. Whomever took her ipad / iphone... I'm not sure they took it because they wanted to sell them / wanted the money. If that were the case, she was wearing real gold jewlery which would be worth money too.

Someone took it because they were worried whatever was on it would lead the police back to them. Which tells me she's likely been in communication with the person who did this.

Do Turkish officials request "phone" records? Does Sarai's family know if she used messaging apps (what ones were they?) There was a reference on her IG to another user "text me on my ipad" or something similar. If said person didn't ALSO have an iDevice then she was using a texting app on her iPad. What was it and can they get records? Google voice is a popular one if you are texting to overseas, whatsapp is another popular one. Both use wifi not cell signals.

Great questions. We actually have talked a lot about believing the reason her iPad/phone where taken was not to sell them but rather to erase conversation and hide other communication evidence. But that might have been on board 1 and there are a lot of pages.

I agree and I think a lot of us here do that if it was only money they would have take her jewelry and not just her iPad.

Also I just want to comment on the fact regarding Sarai's potential infidelity. I think we all have to keep in mind that it really doesn't matter if she did or did not, or if she had multiple partners in Turkey. We do not know where she was in her life, we do not know what her relationship with her husband was. Perhaps he said to her, go and have time to yourself, you don't have to tell me anything, and when you get back we can figure out where we are, and where we as a couple are going. Perhaps he just loved her so much that he was willing to give her that freedom without judgement.

I think that we should focus on the choices she made or didn't make as they relate to what may or may not have led to her death, but not to make judgements on who she was as a person.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this, I just want to make sure we keep this in mind as we proceed with dissecting these details.

Personally, I don't judge her at all -- don't know her well enough to know what was going on. Maybe she was virtually divorced and for all intents and purposes single.

Regardless, her willingness to take multiple risks with multiple foreign guys may be relevant here. We don't know what risks she took on the 21st...we still don't know if she went to meet someone for a romantic liaison, if she went to the walls for something nefarious, or was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, I know what you mean, and I respect SS as a human being, but we don't know yet whether a willingness to pursue a romantic encounter had anything to do with her death or not. So it's hard to just stop talking about her private life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor