GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobayashi? :floorlaugh:

I think it begins with an A though.

Any particular reason? Or is that just what it says in the police file down at headquarters? :seeya:

I don't see it as that black and white.

It is hard to say what anyone would do in his situation without being in his situation. Did he make the smartest decisions? No. Would I have done things differently? God, I hope so. I like to think I would. But then again, I've never been a Turkish national who was the last known person to see an American national who is now missing (and let's face it, by the time this went down, most of us knew she was dead) and being wanted for questioning by the FBI, the American consulate and the Turkish police.

I can understand his actions intellectually without attributing any valor to them.

Covering your *advertiser censored** because you're embarrassed about an affair and/or nervous because you were the last one to see someone alive doesn't win you many points in my book. He would have come out looking a million times better by coming forward immediately and helping in the search. Instead, he hid until the FBI spent who knows how many hours and how much money ferreting him out.

Ugly.

A friend of mine once was nearly paralyzed by a hit-and-run driver who was never caught. I'm sure they had their reasons for not stopping, but whatever they were, they're not going to endear that person to me.

It was brought up yesterday by the media, claiming to have originated from a LE official.

Personally speaking, I think she could have done both- gone to the wall as the camera shows and later gone to a bar. People who are familiar with the area have said it is possible to leave that area from another direction. That would not have been caught on camera.

Again although being not sure. I think you can leave that area but it would be hard to go to a bar. There are not any bars that I know in that area...They would be seen. And if she is with a person that she is trying to leave (now I am really guessing) people would notice them.

Do we know this?

I had only heard supposedly she told the Istanbul airBnb host she was single.

I hope that's a rumor. I am not gonna question what she said to others but if I was going to stay in a guys apartment which I found from internet I would probably say I am married with a cop and have 10 brothers...

The gazetevatan has now blurred out Ammer's photo. The original report was not blurred. Maybe Ammer contacted them.

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/iste-adim-adim-olume-yolculuk/512700/1/Manset

Hurriyet blurred Taylan's too
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22548744.asp

Its too late.

Any particular reason? Or is that just what it says in the police file down at headquarters? :seeya:

CMac2, I don't know why you keep perpetuating this ridiculous theory that Yashim is a Turkish law enforcement official. You think we don't have anything better to do than log onto websleuths? Besides, I have never once seem him at our early morning roll calls.

Uh oh. I've said too much, haven't I? :floorlaugh:

(We need more information, we get silly when we have nothing to sleuth.)

Let me see. Ok here we have Taylan K. and Tarkan A.

I think I read about it today. quoting poor Tarkan: "all i did was to comment on a photo, i hate the internet"

CMac2, I don't know why you keep perpetuating this ridiculous theory that Yashim is a Turkish law enforcement official. You think we don't have anything better to do than log onto websleuths? Besides, I have never once seem him at our early morning roll calls.

Yes, but you CANNOT say you've never seen him at the local donut shop, now can you?! Aha!

We can't do it here in Istanbul. But one of you in the US could call the LE and say that you will tell them the name of the perp if they release all the info they've collected. Then we'll have more to work with.

Can you do it, ThinkHard? You speak Turkish.

Or I could go down there to collect my own evidence?

OMG. We're getting slap-happy.

OK, since we've fully admitted we're getting slap-happy, I have a question...

Am I the only one who has had the song Istanbul (not Constantinople) stuck in their head for like two weeks now?

Am I the only one who has had the song Istanbul (not Constantinople) stuck in their head for like two weeks now?

OMG. YES!! I was humming it in the shower this morning. And honestly, the song is NOT THAT GREAT to warrant being stuck in one's head for weeks. I need a new theme.

Once, early this week, I started gobbling for the sheer joy of it because the word Turkey just wouldn't leave my mind.

I need professional help, I'm afraid.

Just reiterating with documentation that she should NOT have had her passport on her.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1046.html#crime

"CRIME: The rate of street crime remains relatively low in Turkey. In Istanbul, petty street crime is most common in tourist areas such as Taksim Square, Sultanahmet, and in the areas around the Grand Bazaar and Spice (Egyptian) Bazaar. You should carry a copy of your passport and visa with you and leave your U.S. passport in your hotel safe. Carry only what you need when in these areas."

(bolded and underlined my yours truly)

That's the recommendation of US authorities....however from personal experience (talk about an oh vey story...) that the Turkish authorities prefer that you are in possession of your passport at all times.

I have it in my head since I first heard it in 1990.

Are you suggesting the murder took place in Constantinople and not in Istanbul? Because that changes everything.

I had missed a stanza. The one about Grand Bazaar. Please take a look at the updated post.

I so wish SS had read this poem and visited all the mentioned locations and taken photos. She would have loved it.

She should have gone to Rumeli to take photos, cool old brick, and an amazing Bosphorous view!

Btw that poem reminded me of hearing the call to prayer everyday 5 times...I always loved hearing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801