GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She is then said to have emailed him to say she was coming to Turkey and wanted to meet him. Her body was found beaten to death last Saturday when she failed to make the return flight home.

Tarkan K's lawyer said his client has absolutely nothing to do with the murder and revealed he comes from a 'good family and completed a master's program abroad...He's very demoralized'.

Tarkan told Istanbul police that they had sex in a bar bathroom in Beyoglu on January 20, Hürriyet newspaper reported. Tarkan has denied wrongdoing and had previously denied the two had a relationship."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275605/Sarai-Sierra-New-York-mother-murdered-Turkey-sex-secret-lover-bar-restroom-day-bludgeoned-death.html#axzz2JfuRYaMM

Attached is pic of Taylan K. supplied by article.

No that's not him its further down the article,

Perhaps initial DNA tests proved this, but maybe further testing will prove otherwise

They were saying 2.5-3 months and suddenly the results came.

It is a possibility. I remember the criminology expert in tv saying it can even be done in a day but for testing 22 peoples dna's and everything found in the crime scene; considering some must be repeated 2 weeks is a more realistic time.

As an aside to all of the Turkish speakers translators in this thread, thank you. I am getting a tremendous sense of the nuances and complexity of the language that I find interesting. I'm wondering if you can recommend good english translations of some Turkish poetry?

Hmmm I dunno. What comes to mind when I think of Turkish poetry is Rumi.

So I was just thinking about how she died, and the fact it was reported to fingers were broken, and cuts and bruises all over her body. And the fatal head wound on the side of her head/face. It's possible it was one blow, I've heard some conflicting info. But if you hit someone on the side of their head, in just the right spot/way, it can cause extensive internal bleeding, brain hemoraging, swelling of the skull, and discoloruration of the face. So it is possible a single blow could appear to make some be I recognizable.

So her is my thought, the wound to the head must have happened last. Otherwise how would she have so many other wounds all over her body.

It's possible someone was on top of her when this blow was delivered and she turned her head to the side as she saw it coming at her.

But another thought I had is what if there was a fight, and she was trying to get away, and the blow to the side of the head was from someone coming up behind her as a final attempt to stop her from fleeing. One possibiliy would be if she was in an apartment and was trying to get out of a door...

Am American friend of mine, was seeing a Turkish man (who is a dj in Istanbul). They had a great short lived relationship. But one day somehow, which to this day I've never been able to fully comprehend, shortly before she was scheduled to leave Istanbul for good, they got in a huge fight and it turned physical, he had never shown this side before. She ended up surviving it of course, but she ended up with bruises all over. She left is Istanbul and they never spoke again.

But what if sarai wasnt so lucky to get away.

One of
The problem I have with the druggie theory is I feel like the just would have knocked her out with a rock in the first place, and she wouldn't have so many other signs of struggle.

As an aside to all of the Turkish speakers translators in this thread, thank you. I am getting a tremendous sense of the nuances and complexity of the language that I find interesting. I'm wondering if you can recommend good english translations of some Turkish poetry?

I would recommend the below

A Brave New Quest: 100 Modern Turkish Poems
Talat S. Halman (Editor), Jayne L. Warner (Editor)

Available from the "A"bvious

And the google:

http://books.google.com.tr/books?id=_a6Hpa0Iji0C&pg=PR5&hl=tr&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

There must be a lot that I can't think of right now.

Check these ones
A very famous one: http://turkishliterature.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/poem-of-age-35.html
Orhan Veli: http://www.cs.rpi.edu//~sibel/poetry/books/i_orhan_veli/ (you can start with #81)
Nazim Hikmet: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~sibel/poetry/nazim_hikmet.html

article-2275605-176F5162000005DC-227_306x423.jpg

This is who the paper printed as Taylan...and the image that was linked to @taylloo

"She is then said to have emailed him to say she was coming to Turkey and wanted to meet him. Her body was found beaten to death last Saturday when she failed to make the return flight home.

Tarkan K's lawyer said his client has absolutely nothing to do with the murder and revealed he comes from a 'good family and completed a master's program abroad...He's very demoralized'.

Tarkan told Istanbul police that they had sex in a bar bathroom in Beyoglu on January 20, Hürriyet newspaper reported. Tarkan has denied wrongdoing and had previously denied the two had a relationship."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275605/Sarai-Sierra-New-York-mother-murdered-Turkey-sex-secret-lover-bar-restroom-day-bludgeoned-death.html#axzz2JfuRYaMM

Attached is pic of Taylan K. supplied by article.

People are our brains growing tired and weary? This is Ammer. :)
attachment.php

Dude you are right!

I should have recognized him...I always did think he and her husband looked a lot alike (which may explain a lot if you think about it).

You'll like this, ThinkHard. ei. if you haven't come across already. A favorite of many locals.

I'm listening to Istanbul

I'm listening to Istanbul, intent, my eyes closed:
At first there is a gentle breeze
And the leaves on the trees
Softly sway;
Out there, far away,
The bells of the water-carriers, unceasingly ring;
I'm listening to Istanbul, intent, my eyes closed.

I'm listening to Istanbul, intent, my eyes closed;
Then suddenly birds fly,
Flocks of birds, high up, with a hue and cry,
While the nets are drawn in the fishing grounds
And a woman's feet begin to dabble in the water.

Still giddy from the revelries of the past,
A seaside mansion with dingy boathouses is fast sleep.
Amid the din and drone of southern winds, reposed,

A pretty girl walks by on the pavement;
Four-letter words, whistles and songs, rude remarks;
Something falls out of her hands
It is a rose, I think.

A bird flutters around your skirt;
On your brow, is there sweat? Or not? I know.
Are your lips wet? Or not? I know.
A silver moon rises beyond the pine trees;
I can sense it all in your heart's throbbing.

Orhan Veli Kanik

Translated by;
Talat S. Halman.

beautiful and melodic. thanks again.

attachment.php

he looks remarkably similar to her husband in this picture...I don't think all parties are being absolutely transparent with the nature of these relationships with Sarai.

Question to one of the Turkish locals...

Is is customary to offer monetary rewards for information leading to the arrest/conviction of a criminal? If so, could Sarai's family use some of the funds they're collecting to offer such reward?

Someone has to know something...perhaps the financial reward would entice them to talk.

Hmmm I dunno. What comes to mind when I think of Turkish poetry is Rumi.

Ok, here is it again.

I AM LISTENING TO ISTANBUL

I am listening to Istanbul, intent, my eyes closed;
At first there blows a gentle breeze
And the leaves on the trees
Softly flutter or sway;
Out there, far away,
The bells of water carriers incessantly ring;
I am listening to Istanbul, intent, my eyes closed.

Then suddenly birds fly by,
Flocks of birds, high up, in a hue and cry
While nets are drawn in the fishing grounds
And a woman's feet begin to dabble in the water.

The Grand Bazaar is serene and cool,
A hubbub at the hub of the market,
Mosque yards are brimful of pigeons,
At the docks while hammers bang and clang
Spring winds bear the smell of sweat;

Still giddy since bygone bacchanals,
A seaside mansion with dingy boathouses is fast asleep,
Amid the din and drone of southern winds, reposed,

Now a dainty girl walks by on the sidewalk:
Cusswords, tunes and songs, malapert remarks;
Something falls on the ground out of her hand,
It's a rose I guess.

A bird flutters round your skirt;
I know your brow is moist with sweat
And your lips are wet.
A silver moon rises beyond the pine trees:
I can sense it all in your heart's throbbing.

Orhan Veli Kanik

Question to one of the Turkish locals...

Is is customary to offer monetary rewards for information leading to the arrest/conviction of a criminal? If so, could Sarai's family use some of the funds they're collecting to offer such reward?

Someone has to know something...perhaps the financial reward would entice them to talk.

I've never heard but I don't know. I am very clueless in things like that.

Yashim (komserim) might give a better answer.

So it sounds like we don't know much more except the Turkish press is using this forum as a source. Oy vey!

As for Taylan and her relationship, I personally believe there was a sexual element but he wasnt involved in the crime. But I was right about him not being married!

Since I'm beginning to wonder if the press even talk to the police instead of printing Internet theories, I have no idea what really happened to her or even the time or the place.
Just hoping this doesn't become a Lifetime movie with John Stamos or Rob Lowe.

We haven't got any new information fake or real for a while. I am expecting big news soon.

We haven't got any new information fake or real for a while. I am expecting big news soon.

It does sort of feel that way, doesn't it? Almost like the calm before the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487