GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok- so there was a media report last night that said LE thinks SS went to a bar with a dude on the day she went missing, went back to his place, had an argument after he made some kind of unacceptable proposal, and was murdered there.

Taylan claims he had sex with SS in the bathroom of a bar.

Are they talking about the same incident, perhaps? I know TK's "encounter" was supposed to have occured the night before SS vanished, but what if it didn't? What if it happened the day she vanished instead?

If both or one are claiming to have went to a bar with SS, wouldn't LE have wen t to the bar,questioned the owner or workers,checked surveillance etc...unless, they did that already and are withholding that info.

Google is not great with Turkish suffixes.

Anyway, it says

"Pasaportunu neden odasında bıraktı?"

Meaning "Why did she leave her passport in her room?"

Sorry to bring this up again, but I thought this was weird too, considering Tarlabasi is such a "security-challenged" place. I studied in the US and in the UK for several years, never once carried my passport with me. But when I was a Tourist, my Turkish common sense required me to have it on me. I guess when don't have our department of state to bail us out. .)

But she wasn't an experienced tourist. Not everything she did has to make sense.

Just reiterating with documentation that she should NOT have had her passport on her.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1046.html#crime

"CRIME: The rate of street crime remains relatively low in Turkey. In Istanbul, petty street crime is most common in tourist areas such as Taksim Square, Sultanahmet, and in the areas around the Grand Bazaar and Spice (Egyptian) Bazaar. You should carry a copy of your passport and visa with you and leave your U.S. passport in your hotel safe. Carry only what you need when in these areas."

(bolded and underlined my yours truly)

I'm really starting to feel sorry for T. It appears now that he is innocent and his privacy has been horribly invaded on an international level.

beautiful and melodic. thanks again.

I had missed a stanza. The one about Grand Bazaar. Please take a look at the updated post.

I so wish SS had read this poem and visited all the mentioned locations and taken photos. She would have loved it.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for T. It appears now that he is innocent and his privacy has been horribly invaded on an international level.

I told you from the beginning. T is not our guy. It'd just be too easy.

(Cut to T's flat.) He is online complimenting on another NY mom's photography skills.

His name and profession have been kept out of the press.

It was important that he be investigated. I'm never comfortable with stalking, harassing or publishing home addresses of people involved with serious crimes.

It's hard for me to feel that sorry for him. He could have avoided a ton of grief by showing some compassion early on for a missing person instead of running away, hiding and deleting all his internet contacts.

If both or one are claiming to have went to a bar with SS, wouldn't LE have wen t to the bar,questioned the owner or workers,checked surveillance etc...unless, they did that already and are withholding that info.

I can't understand why this theory came up if they have her on camera going towards the wall?

I told you from the beginning. T is not our guy. It'd just be too easy.

(Cut to T's flat.) He is online complimenting on another NY mom's photography skills.

To be fair, Sarai never told her online friends she had kids or was married.

I started convincing myself about my bag snatcher theory and developed it further.

Case A: SS is walking in Kennedy Road, she crosses the road to take pictures. Soon a guy grabs her bag and runs inside the walls. By being the brave woman she is she doesn't want her ipad/wallet to be gone for good and she follows him. Catchs him tries to get the bag back, they start fighting he can't beat her or panics that she'll go to police graps the rock and kill her. Then gets a blanket from a cave covers her and throws her in that hole. (still no explanation why her jeans are not on)

Case B: If the peep is somebody she met before. Hostel guy or someone else. (Has the story with a guy giving card and his friends laughing confirmed?) He is planning obsessed to SS. She said she is leaving. He ask someone to take her bag so that she will follow him to that point. (this is the least likely)

Case C: Few perverts see her walking alone. They are disgusting monsters and plan to sexually assault her. Again one goes and grabs her bag. She follows him to the walls. They try to take her clothes, she resists. Thats when the bruises happen. They take off her jacket and . She resists a lot so one grabs a rock and hit her. She dies. They weren't expecting that. They panic. Cover her with blanket and throw her. Start fighting about ipad and jewelery. They hear a sound. Just grab her bag and runaway. Aw...can't even think about this case, thought makes me sick.

I can't understand why this theory came up if they have her on camera going towards the wall?

It was brought up yesterday by the media, claiming to have originated from a LE official.

Personally speaking, I think she could have done both- gone to the wall as the camera shows and later gone to a bar. People who are familiar with the area have said it is possible to leave that area from another direction. That would not have been caught on camera.

Question to one of the Turkish locals...

Is is customary to offer monetary rewards for information leading to the arrest/conviction of a criminal? If so, could Sarai's family use some of the funds they're collecting to offer such reward?

Someone has to know something...perhaps the financial reward would entice them to talk.

I've never heard but I don't know. I am very clueless in things like that.

Yashim (komserim) might give a better answer.

Not really. Let me ask the Captian. :)

I honestly don't know.

People who can offer info will not even get that message. At this point, it'd only lead to more confusion. I don't think SS's family would pay or should pay, or hire Jason Statham and his buddies to find the killer.

His name and profession have been kept out of the press.

It was important that he be investigated. I'm never comfortable with stalking, harassing or publishing home addresses of people involved with serious crimes.

It's hard for me to feel that sorry for him. He could have avoided a ton of grief by showing some compassion early on for a missing person instead of running away, hiding and deleting all his internet contacts.

I don't see it as that black and white.

It is hard to say what anyone would do in his situation without being in his situation. Did he make the smartest decisions? No. Would I have done things differently? God, I hope so. I like to think I would. But then again, I've never been a Turkish national who was the last known person to see an American national who is now missing (and let's face it, by the time this went down, most of us knew she was dead) and being wanted for questioning by the FBI, the American consulate and the Turkish police.

That photo is NOT of Taylan / Tarkan from what we know / have seen.
That news source seems to be the US equivalent of a rag mag. They don't seem to have any idea what they are talking about.

Article just posted right picture of Taylan. I fixed the attachment to the right one. Thanks

Supposedly this is Taylan, below.

Attachments

• article-2275605-176F5162000005DC-227_306x423.jpg
    article-2275605-176F5162000005DC-227_306x423.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 18
Do we know this?

I had only heard supposedly she told the Istanbul airBnb host she was single.

Refresh my memory!!!

I think it's been assumed she never shared her marital status or that she was a mother because looking through her IG account there is no mention of a husband or kids.

I'm not so sure the folks she conversed with online didn't know she was married with kids, but have no idea one way or another. I think it's quite common that people keep personal details off their public sites online. She may not have said it publicly, but we don't know if shared this info in private chats, as she became more comfortable with the people she was communicating with from IG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon