GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And....they were ale to frame Taylan for the crime because the gf was able to collect DNA evidence from his apartment to place at the scene!

Very good, thanks. It is that one.

I missed half of it, it wasn't very useful but there were some important things. I'll go through it if I find time.

It was kinda useless.

In the beginning, they show a reporter standing in front of a police station. This is what he said:

"It is only a matter of time that the police will solve the case. Sometimes we say this. But now, this is not the case." WTF?

Sensationalism reigns over TV as well. They are trying to get as much rating as possible.

I think if the killer was Taylan they would have found some evidence by now.Thats why I don't think it was him.

Well, thats definately not how a happily married lady talks,lol.

Respectfully, she could be quite happily married and just be a flirt. And really, I don't see that comment as even all that flirty.

Respectfully, she could be quite happily married and just be a flirt. And really, I don't see that comment as even all that flirty.

I don't believe in flirting while your married and in my opinion she was definately flirting.

It was kinda useless.

In the beginning, they show a reporter standing in front of a police station. This is what he said:

"It is only a matter of time that the police will solve the case. Sometimes we say this. But now, this is not the case." WTF?

Sensationalism reigns over TV as well. They are trying to get as much rating as possible.

BBM :floorlaugh:

It was not that useful but I learned about few things like that followed her with cctv until cankurtaran etc.

How was that lady who was only talking about her books? :furious:

Here we go again ..they say
"She was wearing jeans, a jumper and a jacket :banghead:

When I read this article earlier, I realized it is the same exact article from about a week ago. It seems like they pile "new" information on the top of the article by way of updating it, and leave all the other, past stuff they wrote before, on there.

I'm not exactly sure where Daily Mail gets their sources from, but I am pretty sure that they are extra careful when it comes to information. I find they are my daily source of news (and yet I'm obsessively stalkerish and double-check everything!) and rarely do I find that their information is blatently wrong or mis-informed.

Hate me for saying this or not....but I RARELY take news for granted, and am in a constant state of teaching my students to take NOTHING for granted (even textbooks). But still, Daily Mail can rarely be accused of sensationalizing news. It appears to me that they review several viable sources before saying much of anything. I don't know if it's because they know they are at risk in the UK of being senstational or not.....but I can't think of a single article they are totally misguided on (and I've been reading their stuff for almost a year).

thats fine BUT the headline states "Married New York mother who was killed in Turkey 'had sex with a man she met on the internet a day before she went missing"

They don't know that for a fact so why make such a statement?

BBM :floorlaugh:

It was not that useful but I learned about few things like that followed her with cctv until cankurtaran etc.

How was that lady who was only talking about her books? :furious:

Discussion on this forum has been much smarter than Haberturk. I wouldn't even tolerate those moderators as interns at my TV station, ie. if I had one. I wish we could somehow summarize all we have covered.

thats fine BUT the headline states "Married New York mother who was killed in Turkey 'had sex with a man she met on the internet a day before she went missing"

They don't know that for a fact so why make such a statement?

They don't need to know. They are using quotation marks. They must have rationalized it that way.

NEWS

Who is this Taylan K.? The fact that his name is not given and he is been called to police station at 2:30 am and hidden from press is increasing suspects. Some people think he might be police or from MIT.

A member of Turkish LE says he is not detained because there is no need/proof that he should be. He is free but still watched(?) Also its been learned Taylan told police that they did NOT have sexual intercourse with SS.
(nervous breakdown caused by media:banghead: )

Police is going through Gmail correspondace. Turkish LE is not happy with the things written by press but they are not talking as the case is not solved. They also say foreign press is affected of turkish media.

Last paragraph New York Post’s allegation. Summary of the FBI agents claim.

http://www.radikal.com.tr/Radikal.aspx?aType=RadikalDetayV3&ArticleID=1120257&CategoryID=77

In reality, though I don't agree with the drug mule theory knowingly or not. I do think this trip was more then just about photography. I think she met this community of people and individuals who made her feel really special in a way she hadn't for a very long time, not neccasarily in planning an affair sort of way, but just in a way that really pulled her there. I think photography was what initially connected her to these people, but I don't believe it was photography alone that compelled her to go on this trip.

And I don't think the friend was ever going. But I think she agreed to go along with it for sarai.

I don't think drug dealing was her pull either.

I don't believe in flirting while your married and in my opinion she was definately flirting.

While I agree with you, I must first say that flirting NEVER excuses murder or sexual assault!! Laying buck naked spread-eagled in the middle of the street does not justify sexual assault or murder.

But the sad sad truth in life is that there are disturbed people out there that will look at any slight thing they can dream up or misinterpret to excuse their own horrific behavior.

And, IMO, and the opinion of every man I've ever asked, flirting "implies" an interest. For many on the receiving end, it implies "availability" also. Never ever ever a good idea to give ANYONE that idea if it is not true. If they are sick, they will take advantage of it, and if they are not, they will likely have a low opinion of the "flirter", even if they don't let on to her face. It is far too rampant among men to take "advantage" of a flirtatious woman only to run far and fast the next day.

My opinion (and I am not making this specific to this poor murdered woman, just to many women in general) is that there are many women whose egos are not totally secure and they need the attention and "interest" of men to feel attractive, even when they have no intent of following up on their signals. And the great tragedy is that modern culture promotes that as a norm. It's everywhere, in television programming, advertising, etc. Sexual ENTICEMENT is used in marketing EVERYTHING and our kids see this from infancy on. I cannot stomach waiting in line at checkout counters and seeing the numbers of magazines within eyeshot of little boys and girls with headlines like "Fifty-two ways to trap a man" or "Beat out your competition with these twenty tips for sexual ecstasy". I did my best to shield my young sons from this so that they would not develop a low disrespectful attitude toward women. It's hard to teach boys respect for the female gender when they perceive them all out to "trap" them in a fraudulent relationship rather than one based on mutual respect, integrity, and honesty.

It truly is no wonder so many foreigners tend to think Americans are crass, classless, and immoral. The signs are just hanging out in public everywhere you go in this country.

More - Another source

-Its been learned that Taylan's actual name is Tarkan.

-Nothing suspicious found in her emails yet.

-They met when SS commented on a photo Tarkan posted on August. Since then they have been talking on skype.
Tarkan K. said they met on 20th of Jan in Beyoglu went to a bar together and had sex in the toilet.

Sarai Sierra ile 20 Ocak’ta Beyoğlu’nda buluştuğunu, birlikte bir bara gittilerini söyledi. Tarkan K., Sarai Sierra ile aralarındaki yakınlaşmanın ardından bar tuvaletinde birlikte olduklarını kaydetti.

The hole she was found is closed and sealed. All the beds and properties are taken & cleared.

Current situation of investigation

-Gmail sent the records yestarday. There are thousands of emails and investigation is expected to last at least 2 days.
- 500 security cameras recordings are being watched.
-200 people questioned.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22539865.asp

In such a tragic situation, everyone, in heir own way, has an agenda. Ask yourself what YOU would say to the family..or worse, the media...if you were the best friend and you knew that Sarai was using you as a cover? Wouldn't you still wish to protect your friend? Keep her secrets?

What if you were the husband...and realized only when she went missing...that your wife had a romantic interest in another man, would you tell the media that you had been fooled? Would you even admit the marriage was in trouble? Would you want all the family troubles on the front pages?

We really can't know SO much of the truth here.

Newspapers have agendas, but all the sources they use have agendas too. The tourist industry does not want travelers to fear for their safety in Turkey, a Father may want to protect his sons image of their Mother, a friend may want to still be loyal. So we may continue to see many conflicting quotes. And it may be quite awhile before any semblance ofthe real story emerges.

But I think the one part of the story that will remain constant is that Sarai was a beautiful talented soul who was greatly loved by those closest to her.

So either Taylan told LE he never was romantically involved or he told them they had sex in a bar bathroom. Okaaay. That's not even close. Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153