GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that the only things bigger than my FBI file are my files kept by Disney and Apple. I'll see if I can get a list of ways someone can get the number of an Apple device with someone who works for them.

My iPad box is looong gone.
Do you have an iPad or iPhone box? If so check to see if there is a sticker with the MAC address, it's usually listed with the serial number. If it does this is good. Maybe 'someone' is reading this and may suggest LE do the same for SS. It may lead to nowhere but would be interesting to know what sites she visited while sitting in her room at nights before bed.

My iPad box is looong gone.
Do you have an iPad or iPhone box? If so check to see if there is a sticker with the MAC address, it's usually listed with the serial number.

There are no less than 7 bar codes and numbers on my iphone box. None specifically called MAC address.

OK: On the back, in this pattern:

Part No. UPC
Serial No. IMEI/MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier)
ICCID (Sim card identifier) Carrier Part Number (for which service provider you use)

Inside the box: a number and barcode that isn't labeled.

There are no less than 7 bar codes and numbers on my iphone box. None specifically called MAC address. One is the part number, one is the serial number. Trying to figure out what the other 5 are.

If the MAC address isn't printed on the sticker LE could certainly use SS's iPad's serial # to obtain the MAC address.

There are no less than 7 bar codes and numbers on my iphone box. None specifically called MAC address.

OK: On the back, in this pattern:

Part No. UPC
Serial No. IMEI/MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier)
ICCID (Sim card identifier) Carrier Part Number (for which service provider you use)

Inside the box: a number and barcode that isn't labeled.

A Mobile Equipment Identifier is essentially like a MAC address (unique set of numbers assigned to each mobile device). It's assigned to devices accessing mobile networks using a mobile adapter.

A MAC address is a unique set of numbers assigned to devices using a wireless network adapter to access the internet.

Not sure if SS had the 4G model.

Either way I think we've given them some great info to seriously look into.

Crud, I had spaced those numbers out nicely.

Yes, hopefully one of Rupert Murdoch's people will use their powers for good instead of evil and track that stuff down after reading this.

Perhaps she was just naive in picking a place. Maybe she just went by cost.

I am not sure how much comparable accommodations are in Istanbul. But how much more would a place in a safer area be? She was paying $17 a night.

The whole situation raises the question of why a women traveling alone would stay in an unsafe area and I could only think she did,not know, she underestimated danger, or she went solely by cost. Of course there could be a nefarious reason too but I think the former is more likely

Yellow,
Would you please provide the link where you read that SS was paying $17 a night? I have not heard this before.
Thanks.

Yellow,
Would you please provide the link where you read that SS was paying $17 a night? I have not heard this before.
Thanks.

I do not know which specific news article it was but in the early days it was mentioned in the first articles that she paid $220 (or around that) I believe for her whole stay and someone on this board figured out that was about $17 a night. Some articles had it at a little more.

The first thread discusses this alot, I think someone on WS went on airbus too and figured out the costs based on either that specific place or a similar place in the same area. It was not much, it was very cheap.

Nothing important, just want to share my view on the photo you speak of. As a photog and photo editor It's a little easy for me to 'read' photos sometimes...just something you develop over the years. It appears as though she and a guest were on a casual photo excursion in NYC (you see her Samsung phone/camera sticking out of her pocket). To me it looks as though they were on the BK Bridge (you see bridge cabling and railing) and decided to stop and take an impromptu photo while there. The friend that captured the photo used a DSLR because of the deep bokeh (shallow depth of field) seen in the background which cannot be done using a camera phone.

sarai-sierra-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

I think that photo may have been taken during a photowalk across the Brooklyn Bridge with an IG group.

http://statigr.am/p/378498179431921140_782812
http://statigr.am/p/383136338914787860_2450975

I think that photo may have been taken during a photowalk across the Brooklyn Bridge with an IG group.

http://statigr.am/p/378498179431921140_782812
http://statigr.am/p/383136338914787860_2450975

Yeah my assumption was correct. There is also another photo of her on the bridge taken on that day I believe. It's a shot just showing SS from the back on the BK bridge. I also see a couple of Nikon dslrs in your photos. The photos you just shared aren't in her account...good find! Thanks for sharing that!

Honestly? I think she just forgot something at home that she wanted to bring and her family sent it on to her - like a phone charger or something like that.

Yes, honestly. She'd be better to find a shop there selling the same charger, which would have a different outlet plug anyway.

If you mail something it can take quite a while and perhaps never even get there. Since she got it in the first week it was likely mailed before she even left. I've received packages from the US, speaking of, I am still waiting on one ordered January 19th that was supposed to arrive February 5th at the latest... still waiting.

Betcha can't find SS in this photo...prize for the person that can locate her.

85dd8e5a432811e2943422000a9f1416_7.jpg

O/T
ToutCa, everytime I see your name, I pronounce it with a French accent. I'm from a region of Louisiana (Acadiana) where French is spoken by many.

:) Vive les Acadiens! Yep my name just means "All that" in French!!!!

Is this also from a photo walk? Looks fun.

Stupid question, just saw the caption at the top of the photo.

In any case, we can see that Sarai was into photography as well as into meeting up with others who shared her interest.

From the Haberturk news report on tv from last night:

Total number of people police took blood samples are 51.

Police focuses on 5 people based on the evidence from crime scene, witness statements and people SS had spoken online.

Police still doing research about Amsterdam and Munich trips

Steven Sierra said in his intrview with Hurriyet: he is holding the information about the people SS met on the side trips with polices request.

http://tv.gazetea24.com/index.php?y=7&z=2013-02-10 18:16:00&i=86827

What's even more surprising than Turkish police allocating more resources to Sarai Sierra than the Armenian women (Turkish citizens) is that French Press have chosen to only pick out the two Armenian women out of the current toll of 2600 missing and 1900 unsolved homicide cases in Turkey.

Hypocrisy knows no bound.

It's fair to examine the attacks on Armenians to see if some kind of organized violence is behind them. (Clearly, they have no relation to SS).

Just don't ask the French about the Algerian war, or about the dozens of North Africans (perhaps 200) at a peaceful demonstration that Paris police drowned in the Seine*, or about the Vel d'Hiv deportations...

(*as this French article says of the 1961 incident, "This massacre has been erased from collective memory") - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_massacre_of_1961

I love France, I love Turkey, I am American by birth.

Every country has their blind spots, and hypocrisies over covering them up. Sadly, it seems to be a deeply seated part of human nature...

Police focuses on 5 people based on the evidence from crime scene, witness statements and people SS had spoken online.

Police still doing research about Amsterdam and Munich trips

Steven Sierra said in his intrview with Hurriyet: he is holding the information about the people SS met on the side trips with polices request.

http://tv.gazetea24.com/index.php?y=7&z=2013-02-10 18:16:00&i=86827

LET THE SPECULATION...BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the 5?

Is the smuggling speculation alive? Does it explain the interest in Amsterdam and Munich, and all the mystery over Munich? And why Steven Sierra has said several times he's not supposed to talk about who SS met in Amst and Munich??

This is very curious!!!!

Betcha can't find SS in this photo...prize for the person that can locate her.

The tall black guy in the back in the Yankees cap...might have seen him in a photo just with him and SS from the same photo walk?

I don't see SS. Unless she climbed the tree out of frame or is in the window of one of the office buildings...Did she take the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487