GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video of the boat pulling up the woman in the water, there's a guy (police) by the side of the boat who has a smart phone, and he keeps pulling up photos of Sarai Sierra - first the classic one of her with the hat and scarf and then the "supposed" one of her with her hair down and sunglasses and a small purse and flared jeans, etc. (which may actually have been photos of the woman found dead in the water and not SS at all).

I tried to keep up with everything regarding this case but missed this. So, whose smart phone was it? Hmmm Interesting.

Jan 21 red shirt lady was seen on 20 cameras. One is very close to the street the apt is on. Not on it exactly, as it's almost an alley but on the corner with the big yellow-orange building.

LE should have verified surveillance footage from the day she stepped foot in Istanbul airport to the last view on camera. This case is that important. No stone being unturned and that stuff.

Ok I follow you. But who's to say that at some point btw the 20th and the 21st the women who left Sarai's apartment switched from being the real sarai and the sarai look a like....I'm talking hypothetically of course...because we just making guesses to possibilities here.

and then the "supposed" one of her with her hair down and sunglasses and a small purse and flared jeans, etc.

So prior to Feb 2 ( I'm not getting the exact date of the discovery of the body in the water), the police have video of Jan 21 red shirt lady already?

That is an extremely interesting observation.

Whew. I think LE has released 0.5% of what they know, not 5%

Im curious as to if the woman that was fished from the water is under investigation as well. Its just weird how within a few days 2 woman were found dead in the same area.

I'm wondering if perhaps she was a prostitue, no connection no documentation, being written off as a suicide?

Maybe some criminal element also ran some illegal prostition ring, and had access to girls whom no one would bother following up on if the disappeared. And if this pool of women was big enough, what's the probability of one of these girls looking enough like sarai?

I know all of this is bold speculation....it's just this woman in th water is interesting and its an angle we haven really discussed, and I think its at least worth tossing around.

I studied the picture some more. It just can't be her.
- the hair in the picture is thicker/different texture than Sarai's, a little more wavy
- the hair is parted on the wrong side
- the hair is actually pulled back just a little on one side with maybe a hair clip or something (can't see that in pic) but that's not Sarai's style
- the face shape is all wrong

Ok I follow you. But who's to say that at some point btw the 20th and the 21st the women who left Sarai's apartment switched from being the real sarai and the sarai look a like....I'm talking hypothetically of course...because we just making guesses to possibilities here.

I'm following your lead, too.

I hope someone alert was assigned to review all the surveillance information from the area around her apartment. All of it. 24/7 for days on end.

I hope multiple people have reviewed surveillance for every single image of her. For the entire stay.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe he could have seen it in his home and freaked and dragged it into another abandoned cave.

Or maybe she had already been dragged from one cave to the other by the perp....something about the crime scene has always seemed staged to me, so I'm not sure

That make sense him dragging the body away from his "home" to that location and also used his blanket to cover her. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that someone said the blanket belonged to him? Thats only of course would make sense if he is innocent.

I studied the picture some more. It just can't be her.
- the hair in the picture is thicker/different texture than Sarai's, a little more wavy
- the hair is parted on the wrong side
- the hair is actually pulled back just a little on one side with maybe a hair clip or something (can't see that in pic) but that's not Sarai's style
- the face shape is all wrong

I think you are right. I feel the same way.

I tried to keep up with everything regarding this case but missed this. So, whose smart phone was it? Hmmm Interesting.

Its probably his phone. He pulled her picture up and showed it to the other guy to ask if it was her.

Which means she must have had some visual resemblance to sarai right? Because if she had no resemblance he wouldn't have even bothered to look in the first place.

well, I would think no matter what they wanted to make sure to see if it was Sarai or not. So he showed the other guy the picture and told him to go look and see if it was her

So if its not her....and lets just say it is the woman in the water for the moment....

The question is did someone intentionally try to deceive LE that sarai was still alive on the 21st?

And if so why? And who?

If someone did intentionally try to deceive LE with this sarai look a like, then they told her where to walk....and that would make Taylan exchange with her on the 21st highly suspect....

The video we discussed last night was interesting. I honestly thought it was a prank video until I realized it was from a surveillance camera. The woman on that video did not look or walk like SS. I wonder why that video even surfaced. I'm certain it is not her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHPVy1MRFU

well, I would think no matter what they wanted to make sure to see if it was Sarai or not. So he showed the other guy the picture and told him to go look and see if it was her

Agreed but images of sarai were all around at that point, so any cop in Istanbul had the general idea of what sarai looked like in their head. So the woman in the water had to look enough like sarai, to make the cop want to reference the images on his phone. If she had no resemblance he wouldn't have referenced it.

We know the image of "sarai" on the 21st at least had the general appearance of sarai. So I guess my point is, if it is the same woman who was found in the water, it would make sense why the cop referenced his phone because there were similarities in appearance.

I hope that made sense.

out of the 20 surveillance footages they have her on, maybe this one just happens to be mistaken by Sarai. It doesn't look as if it is clear anyway. She just happens to resemble her. But that is something important because it can throw off the whole case so I would think they have to be sure. But I just don't see it being SS...Could most definitely be wrong. But, belimom is right about her analysis

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH:banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member