GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video shows lots of interesting information. How they were allowed to photograph this during what is obviously extensive CSI investigation of the area is surprising.

1. There was extensive use of metal detectors in the area, probably looking for the missing electronics or a potental other weapon.

2. There was generous use of sniffer dogs to confirm the trail of where she was dragged

3. It looks like an area in the grass, on the other side of the Caution tape, is getting a lot of scruitiny and is cordoned off. It is not next to the wall. It might be where she was attacked.

4. Once you are on the train side of the wall, you are completely cut off from help.

5. There are numerous blankets in the bum hovels. Surprised they were left and someone was allowed to touch them.

6. What is the bit near the end about the railroad tracks and the overhead spans?

BBM: Aren't those photos that SS took in New York?

We don't have much narrative go to on, but I'm struck by how lonely this trip is.

She has fourteen nights for this trip. Five are probably associated with the Amsterdam/Munich sidetrip (night before, three there, return night). So that leaves 8 nights, the last one when she is unaccounted for.

She reportedly only met TaylanK twice. So even then six days/nights without a friendly face or companion? We do not know about other IG contacts, and the othe Tarkan says he never met her. That's just a long time to be alone in a country where you don't speak the language and you don't have lots of money to be shopping or doing sightseeing tours.

It's a sad and lonely trip to me.

Even that last day. Beautiful, warm sunny day. Last day is usually really busy, harried, doing last-minute shopping or visiting, doing some classic last great gesture thing- like another Bosphorus cruise, or visit to some wonderful place you didn't get to see enough of. I don't get why she would have even considered going up over those walls all alone. Again. Just lonely to me.

Whew! I've finally caught up - read every single one one of the thousands of posts on this thread - followed every single thread redirect, analyzed the heck out of this case using the minimal info put out by LE :rollercoaster: and am as frustrated and exhausted as most of you feel (yes, I can even read the posters' emotional states by now!). I thank you all for sharing your ideas and dedicating so much of your time to trying to crack this case.

From the beginning Sarai's face and thirst for adventure tugged at my heartstrings. I couldn't sleep or stop thinking about her, felt like we were somehow connected -- I am from Puerto Rico and lived in NYC for 15 yrs, her style of dress is similar to mine, I have recently discovered a love of photography; Sarai also has a striking physical resemblance to a close friend, a New Yorker. My two cents: I do feel this horrible act could've been carried out by a random stranger such as "Z", although for what it's worth, I keep thinking back to "Taylan" and his alleged strange behavior of trying to "erase" his interaction with Sarai after her death, his alleged deleting /changing his Instagram account, his immediately distancing himself from the investigation via lawyer, his alleged cold response to Sarai's husband, heck, I'm even surprised the alleged sex part of his first testimony was "modified" since the damage had already been done (here thinking of husband, kids, family). Granted, there is a lot of "alleged" in there. I just don't like him so it's a good thing I'm not in charge of this investigation. :notgood:

But I definitely wanted to say hello and thanks for welcoming me in your community. I as you look forward to this compelling case being solved soon, for Sarai. :gthanks:

We don't have much narrative go to on, but I'm struck by how lonely this trip is.

She has fourteen nights for this trip. Five are probably associated with the Amsterdam/Munich sidetrip (night before, three there, return night). So that leaves 8 nights, the last one when she is unaccounted for.

She reportedly only met TaylanK twice. So even then six days/nights without a friendly face or companion? We do not know about other IG contacts, and the othe Tarkan says he never met her. That's just a long time to be alone in a country where you don't speak the language and you don't have lots of money to be shopping or doing sightseeing tours.

Even that last day. Beautiful, warm sunny day. Last day is usually really busy, harried, doing last-minute shopping or visiting, doing some classic last great gesture thing- like another Bosphorus cruise, or visit to some wonderful place you didn't get to see enough of. I don't get why she would have even considered going up over those walls all alone. Again. Just lonely to me.

It wasn't supposed to be a lonely trip, I believe most of her time was supposed to be spent with someone, maybe Taylan? who knows but it seems it didn't turn out that way but then again, we have no idea how SS spent her evenings other that what some spying landlord says. How do we know she didn't spend her evenings in her room with a guy? Was the landlord up at all times of the night to know if she sneaked someone in and out? We don't know...no one knows and for anyone that says it's doubtful I say they're nuts.

It wasn't supposed to be a lonely trip, I believe most of her time was supposed to be spent with someone, maybe Taylan? who knows but it seems it didn't turn out that way but then again, we have no idea how SS spent her evenings other that what some spying landlord says. How do we know she didn't spend her evenings in her room with a guy? Was the landlord up at all times of the night to know if she sneaked someone in and out? We don't know...no one knows and for anyone that says it's doubtful I say they're nuts.

I agree.

We don't know for sure.

This is just a feeling I am getting. Nuttin' more than that.

Whew! I've finally caught up - read every single one one of the thousands of posts on this thread - followed every single thread redirect, analyzed the heck out of this case using the minimal info put out by LE :rollercoaster: and am as frustrated and exhausted as most of you feel (yes, I can even read the posters' emotional states by now!). I thank you all for sharing your ideas and dedicating so much of your time to trying to crack this case.

From the beginning Sarai's face and thirst for adventure tugged at my heartstrings. I couldn't sleep or stop thinking about her, felt like we were somehow connected -- I am from Puerto Rico and lived in NYC for 15 yrs, her style of dress is similar to mine, I have recently discovered a love of photography; Sarai also has a striking physical resemblance to a close friend, a New Yorker. My two cents: I do feel this horrible act could've been carried out by a random stranger such as "Z", although for what it's worth, I keep thinking back to "Taylan" and his alleged strange behavior of trying to "erase" his interaction with Sarai after her death, his alleged deleting /changing his Instagram account, his immediately distancing himself from the investigation via lawyer, his alleged cold response to Sarai's husband, heck, I'm even surprised the alleged sex part of his first testimony was "modified" since the damage had already been done (here thinking of husband, kids, family). Granted, there is a lot of "alleged" in there. I just don't like him so it's a good thing I'm not in charge of this investigation. :notgood:

But I definitely wanted to say hello and thanks for welcoming me in your community. I as you look forward to this compelling case being solved soon, for Sarai. :gthanks:

:Welcome1:

Great post.... I think you'll find great company here. :)

I know, right?...Maybe that's why she wanted to leave early.The whole trip seemed planned depending on IG "friends" to show her around? And then they certainly did not - or couldn't they have even suggested more options -safer ones at that such as NOT going to the walls alone? And I have to add - that basement room was most likely really sad and lonely - no natural light, damp, maybe smelly, no view...which would make it extra kind of sad. Walking around alone, eating alone - not even researching beforehand some tours to the major sites out of Istanbul...odd.

I agree.

We don't know for sure.

This is just a feeling I am getting. Nuttin' more than that.

Yup. Part of the 95%. We don't know about any of the other days. Focus has been on Taylan because she had plans with him that day. She could've met other people. She may have already been to those walls. I'm sure there are tons of clues we don't get to see in those tapes.

There is a separate direct entrance to the basement apartment so she wouldn't even need to see the landlord, unless he didn't give her the key to it.

And we don't know if she ever was in the company of other women, or just men.

I found this video on you tube, not sure if anyone has posted it. It shows guys walking all over and a reporter in a cave - my computer speakers have gone on the fritz, don't know why, but it's Turkish TV so fair guess they are talking in Turkish and volume is irrelevant.
Wish Alp and Yashim were here to translate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=92bWZ46qQDI

TV news dd.05 feb. about the police seeking SS's electronics which are believed to solve the mystery of her death , in the place where her body is found with detectors . The municipality stuff also helping the police by clearing the area from excesss bushes and tree branches. It says that on the prior autopsy, no trace of rape reported but it may take approx. 2 months for the final absolute autopsy report to be released. It also mentions that in some caves there exists some blankets and belongings of homelesses ,and SS's body might be dragged with a blanket like that.
In the final part, SS's photos taken in Brooklyn,NY and Amsterdam are shown
esp.her interest in taking railroad pictures and says police thinks she might be attacked while taking photo of the railway just backyard of this place.

IMO photography was not the primary motivator in SS's interest in photography. We have no evidence to support that she toured NY on her own to photograph. It was always with a group doing a specific walk. I suggest SS was more interested in the social aspect of her new found interest and the social media of IG.

I think, based on her media exchange with the men prompted by IG, SS thought she could go to Istanbul and recreate her NY experience with social gatherings. When she got there she found out the people she had been in contact with were much different than she anticipated, and maybe fell into a bad situation.

I just don't see her wandering off by herself on a photo taking walk.

IMO photography was not the primary motivator in SS's interest in photography. We have no evidence to support that she toured NY on her own to photograph. It was always with a group doing a specific walk. I suggest SS was more interested in the social aspect of her new found interest and the social media of IG.

I think, based on her media exchange with the men prompted by IG, SS thought she could go to Istanbul and recreate her NY experience with social gatherings. When she got there she found out the people she had been in contact with were much different than she anticipated, and maybe fell into a bad situation.

I just don't see her wondering off by herself on a photo taking walk.

You've done a nice job of putting into words something I was struggling to express.

Istanbul and Amsterdam are so different. The link is IG friends. This trip is more about the IG relationships than it is about photography. Enough so that there was a disappointment that help promote a decision to change her return by 4 days, at fairly high expense.

I just don't see her wondering off by herself on a photo taking walk.

I agree. I tend to think there was a specific reason to go to those walls. I dont think she happened upon them by coincidence. I think the reason she ended up there has to do with a person. If she did decide to go there alone to photograph the grafitti, I think that was the result of a suggestion made by someone else. MOO.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Today's TV news : Video abt the locked cave and the railway behind..railway is so close to the cave..

<iframe src="http://www.beyazgazete.com/video/embed/378831/" width="530" height="420" allowtransparency="1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Herat, thanks for the info. I've added your location to my picture - is this correct? If not, let me know and I'll change it.

attachment.php

Another picture of the two areas.
http://harita.yandex.com.tr/-/CVRD72Ju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads