GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asking that all along. David Jimenez hd some contact in Istanbul, whether through his church or on his own, as he arranged the lodging for him and Steven through " friends of a friend," if reported correctly.

Also, as I mentioned yesterday, if SS didn't send the text to her sister, who did? It must have been someone who spoke perfect colloquial English and knew she was " coming home tomorrow...YAY!" Apart from T and the landlord, who knew that? Certainly not Z, who couldn't have written that in English to begin with. Either SS was alive at 4:20 pm Turkish time when that message was sent, or someone with perfect English and knowledge of her plans the next day wrote it.

I'm beginning to think there may be some connection to the landlord. I agree, the way things should go is the landlord writes in his native language and LE gets an official translator (and even then it might not be perfect colloquial English).

I do agree that 'YAY' is not only colloquial but contemporary american 'slang': but what I find a tiny bit odd is that it sounds more like somebody going home after a tiresome summer camp, than somebody going home after a 'once in a lifetime' dream vacation.
In reading (way back now) a 'timeline' of SS perambulations in Istambul, I did get a distinct impression of something others have speculated about: a sense of wandering around, or aimlessness, and possibly it was as others have suggested a lack of contacts.
Mentioning which, the Turkish accommodations for the family members were probably not made public because of privacy concerns.
Just my 2c worth.

Also if he would go through the effort to sell a leather jacket at the grand bazaar, why wouldn't he have taken the jewelry if it was gold as well. Gold jewelry would be substantially easier to clean blood off of then leather.

The only thing that comes to my mind about the jacket is if he's a paper trash collector, these guys know to whom to sell the things they find on the street very well. Collected garbage goes to recycling points, the trash is sorted into different piles of recycled items such as bottles and cardboard. So he may know where to go with the jacket to make some money.

I am going to assume the jacket in question is the original leather jacket SS was photographed in in NYC and we saw in the mall/food court surveillance video. I also assume it was not in the inventory of her personal belongings at the apartment.

I would think that would actually be fairly easy to verify/deny with a second-hand clothing merchant, as there are photographs of it.

So her jacket or not her jacket?
Blood-stained or not?
Her earrings or not?
Z in the second-hand market or not Z?
4:20pm text message or earlier?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

And hmmmmmmm to the power of 100K

Like in the play "Noises Off", I have the feeling that what we see is quite different than what really went on.

Strange...I would think the jacket would be covered in blood.

Also if he would go through the effort to sell a leather jacket at the grand bazaar, why wouldn't he have taken the jewelry if it was gold as well. Gold jewelry would be substantially easier to clean blood off of then leather.

Unless he cleaned the jacket with the gold jewelry.

Now it all starts to make sense.

:)

And hmmmmmmm to the power of 100K

Like in the play "Noises Off", I have the feeling that what we see is quite different than what really went on.

Yes, while we were still speculating if it happened at the walls, or if the video was a decoy to bring attention to the walls location etc. i was thinking of the illusionists 'misdirection', and how well we had been led astray.

''Turkish police said that after studying footage from more than 500 cameras in the area, they were able to track refuse collector Ziya T in 16 different locations on January 24, the same day Sarai Sierra was murdered.''
January 24th. but still.......it's out by 3 days.

The Daily Mail has never been accused of using excess care in fact-checking, editing, or spell-checking....

The only thing that comes to my mind about the jacket is if he's a paper trash collector, these guys know to whom to sell the things they find on the street very well. Collected garbage goes to recycling points, the trash is sorted into different piles of recycled items such as bottles and cardboard. So he may know where to go with the jacket to make some money.

But to your point wouldn't he also know where to go to sell the jewelry as well?

''Turkish police said that after studying footage from more than 500 cameras in the area, they were able to track refuse collector Ziya T in 16 different locations on January 24, the same day Sarai Sierra was murdered.''

I think when they said "January 24", they meant to say "January 21".

So I would assume "16 different locations" may be "14". Since following the previous example when you divide 16 by 8 and then multiply by 7, you get 14.

I think I have figured out how the random fact generator algorithm works.

We no longer need the press reports.

I read that too, sounds more like a reporter with an auditory processing disorder who confused 1st and 4th.

I think all media has gotten hold of some sort of random fact generator machine and testing it with the SS case.

But to your point wouldn't he also know where to go to sell the jewelry as well?

Definitely! That's why I was so shocked with the jacket info. I mean none of us thought about that. We all focused on the jewelry and the electronics.

I think when they said "January 24", they meant to say "January 21".

So I would assume "16 different locations" may be "14". Since following the previous example when you divide 16 by 8 and then multiply by 7, you get 14.

I think I have figured out how the random fact generator algorithm works.

We no longer need the press reports.
heheh :floorlaugh:

Definitely! That's why I was so shocked with the jacket info. I mean none of us thought about that. We all focused on the jewelry and the electronics.

Thinking for a minute about the more than one perp. accomplice thing, maybe Z was sent off to get rid of the stuff. Seems rather cool headed to just walk away from a horrible murder, covered in dirt, did he stroll or run?

I read that too, sounds more like a reporter with an auditory processing disorder who confused 1st and 4th.

I don't know why but I always have these "Dream On" moments here.

I just remembered "fuzzy wuzzy was a woman" in the "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".

Such a great comedy.

[video=youtube;J5O5jd5cqZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5O5jd5cqZA[/video]

That's why with the random attack thing, if the motivation for taking electronics was profit, and taking the jacket was for profit, I just don't understand why he wouldn't take the jewelry for profit too.

(I had a chain break while I was living in Istanbul, it was just a simply light weight 14k chain, I kept it in my purse so next time I was at the grand bazaar I could sell it for scrap gold and get a bit of money for it. I just took it to one of those booths, handed him the chain, he weighed it, I think it was about 6 grams, which is a little less than .25 of a Troy ounce (31.1 grams in a Troy ounce), he then did calculation based on its percentage gold and weight, and handed me cash, I believe it was just about 100ytl, but this was also four years ago and gold value has gone up since then. The whole transaction took about 2 minutes and the guy barely looked at me)

Given my personal experience, and if reports are true her chains were 14k, I just feel like the jewelry would actually be the EASIEST and least tracable thing for the perp to make money off of.

So when we are analyzing motive for the crime and the aftermath of what he took and what he didn't, I'm having trouble rationalizing robbery or profit acquisition as the primary focus for taking the goods he did.

I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member