GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking also about the reported time she was killed between if its true that her time of death was between 3pm and 6pm, and she was seen about a half hr walk from that spot at 130pm.....

Even if she was killed on the earlier side of that timeline that means she was still at the walls for an hr before she was attacked....that strikes me as odd. And changes the dynamic of wandering into that spot and being ambushed by an assailant.

If it was closer to later along that timeline it means she could have been alive at 420 and been the one to send that text....but clearly had been at the walls for 2 hrs at that point and via the text didn't seem to be concerned for her safety.

That varied timeline also leaves room that she went somewhere else after the walls, and some how she or at least her body made it back to the walls later, or possibley for whatever reason she was back there after dark, perhaps explaining why no one saw or heard.

I dunno this case is so weird.

I know a very well written post was written earlier about the fact the thought it was just a simply crime of a wandering tourist and the opportunity of a homeless person who lived there.

But I just don't see it, I really don't. Maybe when they catch Z that version will make more sense, but right now too much stuff doesn't fit that scenario for me.

The jacket doesn't make sense to me at all. I didn't think Z. sold anything, or intended to sell anything since the jewelry was left there. I wonder however, if he sold the jacket with her handbag (with the iphone and ipad wrapped inside) to the merchant. He may have told him what was inside... Unless the police have Z. clearly carrying the jacket loosely or slung over his shoulder.

Also, maybe the mis-reporting of the rock earlier had to do with the fact that the brick was a part of an ancient brick covered in mortar, and was originally mistaken for a rock.

Seems to me the jacket would have been covered in blood, unless she wasn't wearing it when she was killed. And if she was killed with a brick, maybe there was also a rock nearby that was blood-spattered. And if the last sighting of her on camera was at 1:30 (and I still don't believe that was SS in that footage), why wasn't there further surveillance footage between then and 3-6 pm???

Aaaackkkk!

Thinking also about the reported time she was killed between if its true that her time of death was between 3pm and 6pm, and she was seen about a half hr walk from that spot at 130pm.....

Even if she was killed on the earlier side of that timeline that means she was still at the walls for an hr before she was attacked....that strikes me as odd. And changes the dynamic of wandering into that spot and being ambushed by an assailant.

If it was closer to later along that timeline it means she could have been alive at 420 and been the one to send that text....but clearly had been at the walls for 2 hrs at that point and via the text didn't seem to be concerned for her safety.

That varied timeline also leaves room that she went somewhere else after the walls, and some how she or at least her body made it back to the walls later, or possibley for whatever reason she was back there after dark, perhaps explaining why no one saw or heard.

I dunno this case is so weird.

I know a very well written post was written earlier about the fact the thought it was just a simply crime of a wandering tourist and the opportunity of a homeless person who lived there.

But I just don't see it, I really don't. Maybe when they catch Z that version will make more sense, but right now too much stuff doesn't fit that scenario for me.

For me, the jacket not being bloodied and the earrings being off can make sense if she lingered at the walls. I believe someone said earlier that it was 85 degrees that day. If so, that is too warm to be wearing a leather jacket. I imagine she sat down somewhere to possibly eat her lunch, use her ipad, and at some point, use her phone. She might have had her jacket off and beside her, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, have removed her earrings to talk on the phone. Mine sometimes get in the way or are uncomfortable, and I take them off.
This would account for the earrings being off and her jacket not being bloodied.
The jewelry she was wearing would have been bloodied from the head wound, and may be the reason the assailant didn't take it.

Seems to me the jacket would have been covered in blood, unless she wasn't wearing it when she was killed. And if she was killed with a brick, maybe there was also a rock nearby that was blood-spattered. And if the last sighting of her on camera was at 1:30 (and I still don't believe that was SS in that footage), why wasn't there further surveillance footage between then and 3-6 pm???

Aaaackkkk!

It was stated earlier that the weather on the 21st was in the 60s (f) so there's a fair chance she wouldn't have been wearing the jacket at the proposed time of the assault.
Re: brick v rock, its curious that its taken almost 3 weeks for the police to cite that distinction with the high degree of forensic activity. Just one of the numerous discrepancies in this case that seem more than coincidental imo.

Re: brick v rock, its curious that its taken almost 3 weeks for the police to cite that distinction with the high degree of forensic activity. Just one of the numerous discrepancies in this case that seem more than coincidental imo.

Unbeliavable.

It took the forensic experts three weeks to identify a perforated block-shaped "stone" made up of red clay as a brick, yet they completed SS's autopsy in 1 day for which the final report will be ready in 3 months.

Yashim, I'm enjoying your posts today as usual...so clever, and to think English is not your first language.

I believe someone said earlier that it was 85 degrees that day. If so, that is too warm to be wearing a leather jacket. I imagine she sat down somewhere to possibly eat her lunch, use her ipad, and at some point, use her phone. She might have had her jacket off and beside her, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, have removed her earrings to talk on the phone.

1. The high was 63 in IST on Jan 21, not 85, according to wunderground.com This is probably a temp taken at the airport, but I think it would be slightly chillier, not warmer, near the water where she was.

2. I agree, if she took off her jacket, and maybe earrings, too, they wouldn't be bloodied and perhaps not even near the body, but somewhere nearby. T

4. The perp may not have found them until later and realized the earrings might be hers.

5. I would expect LE to have found the second-hand clothing vendor and have brought him in for heavy interrogation, to produce the jacket in question. DNA analysis could certainly be done on it to prove it was or wasn't SS's.

That's what I would have expected, considering it's being reported there were 500 cameras whose footage was reviewed. However, using the Yashim Algorithm of Media Investigational Credibility (YAMIC) that means there was one shaky camera in a dark alley by a smoky kebab shop.

I read that more surveillance cameras had been installed around the city at some point.
Are these continuously monitored for traffic accidents?
I have been told here that the railway lines would also have surveillance cameras.
My point being, are there no surveillance cameras in the murder area?
Or, was it in fact captured on video, but it has not been made public?
Or, if there are surveillance cameras, and it was NOT captured on video, that would be why they have (definitely) suggested the murder may have taken place somewhere else.

So she was attacked during daylight at cave1. Wondering when, how, by who/assistance she was moved to cave2. Did Z go to sell coat during daylight? Is market open at night? When did parking lot man observe Z? Time? Hard to imagine Z dragging? body to cave2 during daylight. Did he have assistance? Rigor mortus begins..difficult to shove body in vertical opening.

One should also filter all media information through the Yashim International Press Ethics Score (YIPES)

Just a few thoughts:

So she was killed in cave 1 by Z. He either leaves her there or hides the body nearby.

The other homeless find SS's body in the cave or the hidden spot. They know or think they know she was killed by Z, because they saw her with him, heard her screams, saw him dirty with scratch marks, or know he disappeared afterwards.

So they decide to frame Z. (They're actually framing the real killer). They move SS's body, so she will be more readily found. They either realize it's SS or found out due to her driver's license it is her. They leave the license out by her. They then either cover her with Z's blanket that he left behind or leave the blanket near her.

Their version of street justice.

I also assume LE is using the Yashim Algorithm of Accurate Crimescene Knowledge (YAACK)

YesHerat, thx. Still thinking of difficulty, high visibilty of verticle shove into cave2.

Clueless NYDMail: Also love, every time: "cave in the low-income district of Sarayburnu".

For me, the jacket not being bloodied and the earrings being off can make sense if she lingered at the walls. I believe someone said earlier that it was 85 degrees that day. If so, that is too warm to be wearing a leather jacket. I imagine she sat down somewhere to possibly eat her lunch, use her ipad, and at some point, use her phone. She might have had her jacket off and beside her, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, have removed her earrings to talk on the phone. Mine sometimes get in the way or are uncomfortable, and I take them off.
This would account for the earrings being off and her jacket not being bloodied.
The jewelry she was wearing would have been bloodied from the head wound, and may be the reason the assailant didn't take it.

No no no not 85! It was January in Istanbul! It was unusually warm at 63 degrees not 85 though.

Also I have a tough time she would remove her earrings just to talk on the phone in a public place like the wall...perhaps at home. Also that wouldn't really account for both earrings being removed.

But hypothetically if she did take her earring off to talk on the phone, that would have to be an extended not short phone call....made expensively on her American phone that would acquire huge roaming charges, at least a dollar a minute....so who would she be talking to extensively? Since we haven't heard she called home at all that day, only texted.

One last thought, even if jewelry was bloodied it would have been fairly easy to clean.

There's something about last-day risktaking all travellers should be made more aware about. It seems to happen rather often. There's always something you wanted to do all the time, and now time is running out, plus you already feel half homesafe.

Infamous "Dangerous Places" guide book describes a type of vacationer prone to buy a last-day spliff ("What the hell …") that lands him in Mexican jail.

Or take the gruesome story of a German family who got delayed on a LA/Vegas car trip, decided to look for a shortcut when time ran up, not to miss that last-day sidetrip to Yosemite, and perished in Death Valley through a series of hastened miscalculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member