GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<<From what I've observed, girls/women remove their earrings before engaging in fisticuffs>>

Are you kidding? You're encountering a rapist and take the time to take off your earrings?

What the heck have you actually "observed" with regard to this, I'd love to know

Do you put on lipstick, too, before the attack?

Sorry, but this strikes me as beyond-the-pale absurd..
It happens, believe it or not.

And I was speculating, from what I’ve seen some women do when they get into streetfights.

They remove their earrings as the conflict escalates and becomes an all-out fight.

And she could have thought all he wanted was her electronics. The crime as it happened, all the circumstances and details are unknown to us.

The events probably developed in such a way that rape never crossed her mind.

Here is some questioner curious about this same female behavior:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090703085603AAFBu2z

SophieRose. Thank you! What a great map! Yes, those red dots, that's kind of where I assumed she might have wanted to go in her nice outfit.
But it looks like she didn't. I was thinking maybe she didn't make the turn, but I'd think she would have been smart enough to figure that out fairly quickly and turn around.
Guess she didn't or was indeed going somewhere else.

I agree, its so weird that she went completely away from any area with any type of shop or restaurant, and quite a bit away....which is why I've always thought that choice was deliberate....and not just a wandering tourist.

But would it be normal for the LE to release a video like that and claim it was the last footage they had of her if they weren't sure of it or actually knew otherwise?

I think a lot of my distrust about this case lies with the LE and the relationship between the LE and the Turkish media. I feel like no one is telling the truth, and the people who know some or all of the truth aren't talking.

Really frustrating.

SR, I'm confused. Cankurtaran is all the way down Kennedy and it looks like a fairly busy neighborhood, so do you think she walked all that way from the bridge? Google maps puts 'Cankurtaran' near a 'Star hotel" and 'Hippodrome".
???

I'm trying to open the link in the above post but there's a huge boot ad over it. Do you have a map link you can share

SR, I'm confused. Cankurtaran is all the way down Kennedy and it looks like a fairly busy neighborhood, so do you think she walked all that way from the bridge? Google maps puts 'Cankurtaran' near a 'Star hotel" and 'Hippodrome".
???

She walked (it is believed) from Galata bridge hugging the road nearest to the sea, around the loop of the golden horn peninsula to about where the "red star/compass" is on the map sophierose posted.

The hippodrome is in sultanahmet.

Cankurtan is the small area of roads just behind the wall near where she was found.

Well if your going to a fancy restaurant at night, I wouldn't think jeans and sneakers to be acceptable in most countries....

But as far as I said earlier mosques are more concerned with skin coverage, not style...and you take off your shoes not matter what they might be.

Ha! You need to come visit Newport Beach, California, or any other beach city in the area. They might give you a jacket and tie to wear before you may be seated, but the sneakers are perfectly fine!

I'm trying to open the link in the above post but there's a huge boot ad over it. Do you have a map link you can share

No, I cant get rid of the boot either. I was just going by Lavy's original translation (which is where SRose's link takes you) that she crossed a road in Cankurtara and just googled 'Cankurtaran". I'll try to find another source for the translation.
But Sophie Rose has an excellent map(701) of the area as TH pointed out.

Something I always found unfortunate and which may have had had bearing on that tragic walk are the vagueness of the texts between SS and T.

Too bad that a more exact time/place wasn't selected for their meet. In my own experience, if I'm going to meet someone at a museum, the theatre or Tower of London, I'll say meet me at the corner of X street at xx:00, or more likely, especially in an area that might be crowded, at X cafe, bar, or restaurant, just because of crowds and delays in transportation.

Seems so sad that a missed meeting might have led to a series of unfortunate events.

Hit the red
Reklam&#305; Kapat - 9 Sn.

and it will close the ad.

I find it fascinating as well, because it may not have dawned on the guy at all.

I'm still suspect if he's the only perp, my initial reaction to this story is that she got mixed up in something illegal by accident and was murdered and deliberately left there to make it look like homeless people mugged her.

But we'll see. I hope for her family's sake this comes to a head quickly, it's a little weird to me that they haven't caught him yet.

well Im about 70 percent with you. as to the who and why, honestly IDK. i was all for random til this hollywoodesq nonsense about the homeless guy, the dna, the cia and the escape to syria came bubbling up to the surface. so, now the random doesnt seem so random.

all we know for sure is that the victim ended up wandering around in a dreadful part of town where any woman of any nationality would be in danger. having grown up in nyc, its a tough sell that she had no way of sensing a seedy area, so the question is... why was she there. if she didnt know an Istanbul mosque from a coffee shop as she admitted, what would it mean to her to risk waving around electronics to take pictures of the crumbly city walls in an extremely dangerous place. i mean, its not safe to do something like that in her own neighborhood in SI. so no, honestly i cant begin to imagine how and why she was there and who the hell killed her. i can only assume she went to this dangerous place to wait for somebody.

i also dont buy that photographer line that keeps getting thrown around. theres a difference between being a photog and taking pic with cellphones as a social outlet, so no, i dont believe she risked her life for pictures of a lousy wall and homeless ppl (of which we have plenty in nyc).

idk, maybe it was the dude she hooked up with. who knows.

I think since her driver's license and earrings were both off of her and in the dirt, that suggests that when they learned who she was they didn't want the jewelry...to me, anyway.

Z was willing to take her jacket and her phone and ipad. ( i think he fled when he realized who she was...so it could have been him or a second set of scavengers that dropped her license and earrings.)

I think since her driver's license and earrings were both off of her and in the dirt, that suggests that when they learned who she was they didn't want the jewelry...to me, anyway.

Z was willing to take her jacket and her phone and ipad. ( i think he fled when he realized who she was...so it could have been him or a second set of scavengers that dropped her license and earrings.)

On videos taken the 20th, she was wearing earphones. She may have taken the earrings off and put them in her pants and they fell out when her body was dropped into the hole, or if in her jacket, the perp threw them in the cave after going through her pockets.

Just looked it up and earphones were found with her body.

it would be interesting to find that her driver’s license wasn’t even in her possession when she was killed.

The killer(s) could have used it to identify and stalk her.

Maybe it had been lost or stolen days before.

But would it be normal for the LE to release a video like that and claim it was the last footage they had of her if they weren't sure of it or actually knew otherwise?

I think a lot of my distrust about this case lies with the LE and the relationship between the LE and the Turkish media. I feel like no one is telling the truth, and the people who know some or all of the truth aren't talking.

Really frustrating.
my distrust comes from turkish LE and their relationship with women. this may be the longest theyve had to pretend to care about a crime committed against a woman.

USA today article says he was selling her blood stained jacket after her body was found,

Who would be so stupid to do that? And why do it after all the attention?why wait?

It happens, believe it or not.

And I was speculating, from what I&#8217;ve seen some women do when they get into streetfights.

They remove their earrings as the conflict escalates and becomes an all-out fight.

And she could have thought all he wanted was her electronics. The crime as it happened, all the circumstances and details are unknown to us.

The events probably developed in such a way that rape never crossed her mind.

Here is some questioner curious about this same female behavior:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090703085603AAFBu2z

WHERE did it say SS had pierced ears????
Those clip on earrings fall off easily by themselves, without any fighting: I had to help my gran look for a lost earring more than once.

it would be interesting to find that her driver’s license wasn’t even in her possession when she was killed.

The killer(s) could have used it to identify and stalk her.

Maybe it had been lost or stolen days before.

Great! Now that's the spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members