Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
michelle said:
Man, way to go fed-ex. Anyone is better then brit right now. Where is her mom at? My mom would beat my a$$!
Her Mom's around - she's the one who's gotten her into treatment twice...but no one can make her stay. I read her Mom has cancelled her credit cards and is hoping she will bottom out.

southcitymom said:
Wow, narla - not much of a Brit fan, are you? To tell the truth, I've never really thought much about her one way or the other, but I do believe she has bigger problems than where to buy the next ugly wig. Have a heart!:)

In some ways, her predicament reminds me of a friend of my sister's. This girl married young and married poorly and had babies right away. Then her marriage went south (husband into pedophilia *advertiser censored* among other things) and now she feels trapped and I understand why! Yes, we have to live with our decisions, both good and bad, but it's not always easy. I just have some empathy and sympathy for Britney.

Now, I wouldn't argue that she's selfish and self-centered, but I have trouble bandying that criticism about because I'm selfish and self-centered....as are many other humans I know. I think it's one of the shortcomings of our race!

I do wish she would keep herself in rehab long enough to clear up and find the strength to do the right thing....not looking good so far, though, is it?
I knew you were going to tell me to have a heart South!! and normally I do but come on- please tell me what her problems are- yes she could lose her kids...but hey she'd rather party than be with her kids- don't try and tell me otherwise..out all night sleeps all day...we could all be so lucky to have that freedom....those kids probably think the Nanny is Mum...
So she could lose the kids what else?

I agree.

No it's not, come on Brits have a go mate, as we say here in Oz.

southcitymom said:
Her Mom's around - she's the one who's gotten her into treatment twice...but no one can make her stay. I read her Mom has cancelled her credit cards and is hoping she will bottom out.
Her mom needs to get custody of those kids.

southcitymom said:

She's a grown *advertiser censored* woman. How can her mother cancel her credit cards? And what makes her think that Britney has to pay for her drugs and/or alcohol in the first place? :confused: :confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
Yeah, because she did such a great job with Brit and her sister. :angel:
I know I was going to post something smart like that but I had to hurry and get back to the ANS thread.:D

michelle said:
Man, way to go fed-ex. Anyone is better then brit right now. Where is her mom at? My mom would beat my a$$!

I really don't understand where Britney's mom has been. She was always there before. Is she too tied up with Jamie Lynn's career? I did read that Britney and her mom had a "falling out" and didn't talk for a few months. I am not sure how true that is. At this point I honestly think the kids would be better off with Kevin.

narlacat said:
I knew you were going to tell me to have a heart South!! and normally I do but come on- please tell me what her problems are- yes she could lose her kids...but hey she'd rather party than be with her kids- don't try and tell me otherwise..out all night sleeps all day...we could all be so lucky to have that freedom....those kids probably think the Nanny is Mum...
So she could lose the kids what else?

I agree.

No it's not, come on Brits have a go mate, as we say here in Oz.
Well her most pressing problems are big ones - in the middle of a divorce, could lose her children, addicted to drugs, career in the crapper, apparently very estranged from her immediate family.

These are just the ones we can see and I think they are fairly enormous. If your best friend were going through all that stuff at once, you'd give her a big hug (as you drove her to rehab...):D

I can also guess at a number of problems that she may have: post partum depression, clinical depression, emotional issues stemming from being sexualized at such a young age, feeling used ( I mean she's lived many years in a world where everyone wants a piece of her - how would you be able to feel like anyone ever really cared about you for you and not what you could do for them?) I could go on and on.

I'm not saying that she doesn't need to step up and grow up and take some personal responsibility and start trying to save her life before she loses it. I'm just saying - she's got troubles!

A broken relationship hurts the same whether you live in a trailer park or a Malibu mansion...drug addiction feels the same whether you're a Bowery street bum or a designer drug popping pop star. Britney's troubles are just as real as anyone else's.

Jeana (DP) said:
She's a grown *advertiser censored* woman. How can her mother cancel her credit cards? And what makes her think that Britney has to pay for her drugs and/or alcohol in the first place? :confused: :confused:
Doesn't make much sense to me either but I recall reading the Winona Ryder's family did similar things because of her addiction. Maybe Lynn Spears has some control over whoever manages Britney's financials.

Britney needs to get some new hobbies, something she can do at home while also raising the kids--you know, like knitting or needlepoint

Peter Hamilton said:
Britney needs to get some new hobbies, something she can do at home while also raising the kids--you know, like knitting or needlepoint

Or crack. It worked for Whitney Houston!

Peter Hamilton said:
Yea right peter, lol...I can see brit home singing "I'm not that innocent" while doing needlepoint. But I agree she does need something.

southcitymom said:
The answer is that it depends on the rehab, but most of them have very controlled, scheduled environments.
I think the problem isn't the environment, but the lack of booze and drugs that causes her to bolt so quickly. Of course, as an addict, she'll blame the environment....

I think Britney is still hurting from losing Justin Timberlake. I think she still loves him very much but knows he doesn't want anything to do with her now that she has kids. This is driving her crazy cause she wants him to think she's hot like she was before when she thought he was "toxic".

"there is a huge difference between situational depression, which is a normal reaction to events around us, and Clinical depression, (a mental illness) which is triggered from within and is not related to external situations."

This is not really true. Many times an episode of Clinical Depression is triggered by a "life event" such as a divorce, a death, loss of a job. The main criteria for distinguishing between situational depression and clinical depression is how long the episode lasts.

If a depressive episode lasts longer than two weeks it is considered to be worrisome.

southcitymom said:
Well her most pressing problems are big ones - in the middle of a divorce, could lose her children, addicted to drugs, career in the crapper, apparently very estranged from her immediate family.

These are just the ones we can see and I think they are fairly enormous. If your best friend were going through all that stuff at once, you'd give her a big hug (as you drove her to rehab...):D

I can also guess at a number of problems that she may have: post partum depression, clinical depression, emotional issues stemming from being sexualized at such a young age, feeling used ( I mean she's lived many years in a world where everyone wants a piece of her - how would you be able to feel like anyone ever really cared about you for you and not what you could do for them?) I could go on and on.

I'm not saying that she doesn't need to step up and grow up and take some personal responsibility and start trying to save her life before she loses it. I'm just saying - she's got troubles!

A broken relationship hurts the same whether you live in a trailer park or a Malibu mansion...drug addiction feels the same whether you're a Bowery street bum or a designer drug popping pop star. Britney's troubles are just as real as anyone else's.
Yeah that's right I forget that sometimes, you're right they are.

Geez I was really down on her earlier wasn't I, thanks South for reminding me I shouldn't be so mean and wtf does it really matter :doh:

She's just another lost soul on planet Earth and I should have more compassion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back