Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
narlacat said:
Yeah that's right I forget that sometimes, you're right they are.

Geez I was really down on her earlier wasn't I, thanks South for reminding me I shouldn't be so mean and wtf does it really matter :doh:

She's just another lost soul on planet Earth and I should have more compassion.
Ain't that the truth, sweet Narla!

Haven't read anything about it in my regular English language newspapers, but some newspapers in Europe are reporting Britney lost her favorite aunt in January, and this loss pushed her over the edge. Anybody know if that's true?

I was actually thinking that even though she's always been partying, it was never this bad before and something must have triggered it. Maybe that really was it....

JanetElaine said:
Haven't read anything about it in my regular English language newspapers, but some newspapers in Europe are reporting Britney lost her favorite aunt in January, and this loss pushed her over the edge. Anybody know if that's true?

I was actually thinking that even though she's always been partying, it was never this bad before and something must have triggered it. Maybe that really was it....
She did indeed lose an aunt she was close to (cancer) earlier this year and I am sure the feelings associated with that have contributed in some way to her downward spiral.

southcitymom said:
Well her most pressing problems are big ones - in the middle of a divorce, could lose her children, addicted to drugs, career in the crapper, apparently very estranged from her immediate family.

These are just the ones we can see and I think they are fairly enormous. If your best friend were going through all that stuff at once, you'd give her a big hug (as you drove her to rehab...):D

I can also guess at a number of problems that she may have: post partum depression, clinical depression, emotional issues stemming from being sexualized at such a young age, feeling used ( I mean she's lived many years in a world where everyone wants a piece of her - how would you be able to feel like anyone ever really cared about you for you and not what you could do for them?) I could go on and on.

I'm not saying that she doesn't need to step up and grow up and take some personal responsibility and start trying to save her life before she loses it. I'm just saying - she's got troubles!

A broken relationship hurts the same whether you live in a trailer park or a Malibu mansion...drug addiction feels the same whether you're a Bowery street bum or a designer drug popping pop star. Britney's troubles are just as real as anyone else's.

Excellent post!!! :blowkiss:

southcitymom said:
Kevin Federline has asked for an emergency hearing tomorrow morning to discuss custody of his children.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/02/21/k-fed-i-want-a-custody-hearing-stat/
I don't know enough about K-Fed to say if I'd want him to have the kids... but I'm sure the judge will be able to.... I'm glad there's going to be a hearing today.

I feel so sad for all these little babies being in the middle of their famous parents' mess these days....

Having followed her and her career since she started (heck, I saw her at my local mall before the "Baby One More Time" video came out)... this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_Personality_Disorder sounds more like her to me.

*snip*

Symptoms

The symptoms include:

* Constant seeking of reassurance or approval.
* Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotions.
* Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval.
* Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior.
* Excessive concern with physical appearance.
* A need to be the center of attention (self-centeredness).
* Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification.
* Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear shallow to others.
* Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details.
* Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are.
* Make rash decisions
* Threaten or attempt suicide to get attention [7]

*snip*

I don't think she has a disorder or mental illness I just think she's been spoiled and now that she has kids to take care of instead of her being taken care of she just cannot handle it. She sounds like quite a few 20 somethings that I know. They were so indulged and taken care of and they don't have any idea how to do anything for themselves. I was spoiled rotten, never had to clean up or do anything. It was a big shock when I got out in the real world. Luckily I did not marry until I was 26 and had been on my own for a few years. I'd tell Brit-Brit the same thing I told myself, yes your Mom may have screwed you up by always doing things for you, but you are an adult now responsible for your own actions so deal with it and stop blaming everybody else. Waaah, I never had to do things for myself I don't know how to do them,waaaah. Get over yourself and just do them.

Now it turns out K-Fed might be the better parent, who knew.

Totally not excusing her recent bad behavior, but I feel sorry for her. She has entered rehab twice only to be stalked by the paparazzi... for goodness sake! She has a bad image and is trying to clean herself up and the press cant even leave her alone for a month while she does it. It is really sad.

With regard to K-fed- he has (at least) two other children who he never cared enough about to fight for... in fact he left the first [regnant baby-mama for Brit. He knows where the money is and tose are the kids he is trying to win custody of. Sure, compared to Britney right now, he looks like the better parent, but neither of them are good examples for those two little boys.

I hope she gets clean, has an amazing comeback, and goes on with her life, with her 2 boys.

As a sidenote, am I the only one who thinks she looks cute sportin' the Sinead O'Conner look? Noone for sure knows WHY she did it and it's only hair, it grows back. She has a nicely shaped head and if anyone could pull it off, she can.:innocent:

I believe there are several factors contributing to Brittany's unwillingness to stay in rehab that I haven't seen mentioned.
Having been there, done that and got the mug to prove it three times, I think I can speak on this subject with some credibility. Just to brag on myself a bit, I went to stop drinking and was very, very grateful to have the means to be in a relatively safe(c'mon, we were a bunch of addicts and alcoholics, so safety is relative!), comfortable, nationally recognized treatment center. I wanted to be there because I desperatly wanted to stop abusing my body and endangering my children by being dependant upon alcohol. Still, it took three times, 30-40 days each to accomplish recovery. Getting excellent in-patient treatment was essential for me. Addiction is deadly, and I had to stop trying to fix it with will-power. My own power couldn't fix it, so I had to let God do it.

Here is an example of rehab rules that would give any pop-princess pause.

*No cell-phones, laptops, or other electronic means of communication with the outside world. Very limited phone calls, usually 10 min. on a shared phone, limited to certain hours of the day.
* No TV in the rooms, limited access in common areas. Yes, I said common area, you will share.
*No visitors for the first two weeks, limited weekly visits after that. Visitors allowed only in common areas, no private visits in your room.
*You may not bring mouthwash, aerosol sprays including hairspray and cologne,hair care products or cleansing products containing alcohol, nail polish remover, curling irons, or anything else which can be used to get a buzz or as a weapon.
*You will likely have a strict schedule with early morning wake-up and very little free time. No extra naps or sleeping in. bedtimes are enforced, staff does bed-checks at least once a night. Yes, they look at you to see if you are in the correct bed...no hooking up!
*You take your meds when you are told, while being closely watched. The doctor decides what meds you need, most likely much less than you think you need. No over the counter stuff unless doc gives it to you, even cough drops or Tums!
*You eat when you are scheduled, probably very good food, but you choose from what they cooked today...no late-nite fast food runs.
* Do your own laundry.
*You are expected to be responsible and on-time for all classes, counseling, meetings etc...and you will have homework!
* There will be other people there that you don't like. People with whom you would never interact in "real-life". You have to be around them every day as long as you are there so guess what? You compromise and learn to get along. They probably think you are the crazy one!
*Smoking is prohibited in most places, including your room. If there is a smoking area, it will be outside, crowded and monitored so you are not smoking when you are supposed to be in classes or meetings.The staff will not provide you with smoking materials if you run out.
*I'm pretty sure they want you to wear panties.

I'm thinking Birt thought she could shop around for a rehab where she lives like she pleases, making her own rules. I don't know if she'll find it but I hope she doesn't. It would be a waste of her time and money.
Beating depression and addiction is serious business. God will help her like He did me, if she will just give up and take His hand!

Susan

The hearing was cancelled and Britney is back in rehab.

This was just said on Fox news.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

mrsjonnob said:
Totally not excusing her recent bad behavior, but I feel sorry for her. She has entered rehab twice only to be stalked by the paparazzi... for goodness sake! She has a bad image and is trying to clean herself up and the press cant even leave her alone for a month while she does it. It is really sad.

With regard to K-fed- he has (at least) two other children who he never cared enough about to fight for... in fact he left the first [regnant baby-mama for Brit. He knows where the money is and tose are the kids he is trying to win custody of. Sure, compared to Britney right now, he looks like the better parent, but neither of them are good examples for those two little boys.

I hope she gets clean, has an amazing comeback, and goes on with her life, with her 2 boys.

As a sidenote, am I the only one who thinks she looks cute sportin' the Sinead O'Conner look? Noone for sure knows WHY she did it and it's only hair, it grows back. She has a nicely shaped head and if anyone could pull it off, she can.:innocent:

You know, I was thinking the other day about things... and it was a completely new thought for me about all of this. I was thinking, "You know what? Maybe he wants the kids because he actually thinks Britney is an unfit mom?? Maybe he didn't fight for his kids with Shar because he feels they are safe with them." I mean, she's coming so unglued right now, it makes sense. Maybe Kevin was able to contain the crazy while he was there with her, but knew everything would go to hell when he left.

As a sidenote, am I the only one who thinks she looks cute sportin' the Sinead O'Conner look? Noone for sure knows WHY she did it and it's only hair, it grows back. She has a nicely shaped head and if anyone could pull it off, she can.:innocent:[/QUOTE
]

In my experience, it is hard to keep your hair looking nice while in rehab since many of the products a person like her may use would not be allowed due to potentialy dangerous or intoxicating ingredients. You imagination is not big enough to hold all the ways some people get high! Some even get high on pain, so no sharp objects or hot appliances such as curling irons!

Also, they encourage you to focus on your insides, not your outside appearance.
She may have thought bald would be better than bad hair!

Susan

TGIRecovered said:
*You may not bring mouthwash, aerosol sprays including hairspray and cologne,hair care products or cleansing products containing alcohol, nail polish remover, curling irons, or anything else which can be used to get a buzz or as a weapon.

Well, there ya go...no self-respecting pop princess is gonna be without those 3 things and her cell phone! Add to that she would have to wear panties. Never gonna happen. From the looks of things in the past few months however, the no cleansing products should not be a problem. :D (Bad Curious1, now go sit in the corner and think about what you have done)

southcitymom said:
Both Britney and Shar (Kevin's first wife) have said numerous times that he is a good Dad.
Yes, leaving your pregnant girlfriend to go shag another woman is real stand-up.:woohoo:

Hey, at least Brittany doesn't have a crooked hump head like Anna's pathologist. Poor guy!

Susan

mrsjonnob said:
Yes, leaving your pregnant girlfriend to go shag another woman is real stand-up.:woohoo:
Shar didn't say he was a good husband, but she has always said he was a good father - before and after he left.

TGIRecovered said:
]

In my experience, it is hard to keep your hair looking nice while in rehab since many of the products a person like her may use would not be allowed due to potentialy dangerous or intoxicating ingredients. You imagination is not big enough to hold all the ways some people get high! Some even get high on pain, so no sharp objects or hot appliances such as curling irons!

Also, they encourage you to focus on your insides, not your outside appearance.
She may have thought bald would be better than bad hair!

Susan
I wore a hat the entire time I was in rehab - it's the next easiest solution to bald.:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back