TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

BREAKING: We have learned a 9 YO boy is fighting for his life at Texas Children’s Hospital after his family says he was trampled at #AstroWorld

I am in tears…..this is absolutely devastating.

NOTE: As an Admin, I want to remind all that Websleuths is a victim-friendly discussion forum. ALL victims and their families and friends are protected from any negative comments or speculation on this thread. Those who engage in that type of posting will have posts removed and/or loss of posting privileges.

Question:

Can a defense be made for people knowing about his concert behavior and former arrest but still chose to attend?

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

BREAKING: We have learned a 9 YO boy is fighting for his life at Texas Children’s Hospital after his family says he was trampled at #AstroWorld -child was on his dads shoulders during the crowd surge, his dad passed out from pressure, his son fell and concert goers trampled him
The child’s family tells me all of his organs are damaged, and he has severe swelling in his brain. They praying for a full recovery, which would be a miracle.
This is horrific. Prayers for his family and for complete healing.

Question:

Can a defense be made for people knowing about his concert behavior and former arrest but still chose to attend?

I don't know, but I doubt it. I would think that there would be more of a responsibility placed on the organizers of such an event to provide a safe environment, and prevent foreseeable injury and loss of life. I am certainly not a legal expert though.
@PrairieWind ?

I don't know, but I doubt it. I would think that there would be more of a responsibility placed on the organizers of such an event to provide a safe environment, and prevent foreseeable injury and loss of life. I am certainly not a legal expert though.
@PrairieWind ?

I hope that no one attempts to take that angle but you never know when big money is involved.

@PrairieWind ?

BBM

I agree!!! People bought these tickets for their CHILDREN. I by no means am faulting anyone for bringing their children to this show. I was brought to Grateful Dead concerts when I was very young. I turned out fine. I doubt anyone expected their child to die or be injured here. Certainly not like this.

I am frustrated that anyone has continued to allow TS to perform given his history. That is a very serious liability IMO

General updates on those hospitalized. I think that there will be lasting psychological injuries from this tragedy.

He is partnering with a mental health organization and offering free mental health to those who want or need it. This means nothing when he could have stopped this negligent behavior long ago.

Press conference with the lawyer for victim Axel Acosta's family

ETA: This video contains video of previous events, promotional videos, tweets etc. which seem to provide support to some of the lawyer's claims, so I think that it is worth the watch. JMO.

Last edited:
Good, this is really horrible. His negligence speaks volumes.

Astroworld victim Axel Acosta was trampled, suffocated
Ita.

From your link :
“The history of how concerts are handled is a history of disinterest and greed. I think that’s what we have here,” Buzbee said.
Emph. mine.

I'm reading "disinterest" as "no interest" as in -- in this instance , it seemed as if they were careless about the safety of the patrons.
Maybe not every event and not every organizer.
The greed element speaks for itself.

I'm curious if there have been other complaints about AstroWorld in the past ?

MOO; The last two sentences of Axel's father are so sad, chilling, and a warning to be watchful of the safety measures put in place of those organizing and performing at venues :

“Today it’s me, I lost my son,” the heartbroken dad said.
“It could’ve been you.”

Bolding mine.

As in; this horrible tragedy could happen to another family if strong penalties and stricter safety measures aren't put into place.
At least that's what it sounded like he meant. :(

Rest in peace, Axel !

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

BREAKING: We have learned a 9 YO boy is fighting for his life at Texas Children’s Hospital after his family says he was trampled at #AstroWorld -child was on his dads shoulders during the crowd surge, his dad passed out from pressure, his son fell and concert goers trampled him
The child’s family tells me all of his organs are damaged, and he has severe swelling in his brain. They praying for a full recovery, which would be a miracle.

They’ve now shared his name: Ezra. Beautiful little boy.
EC83698A-98A3-49E6-9F61-5205496F05BF.jpeg
Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

·
1h

Please lift this sweet boy in prayer. 9YO Ezra Blount was on his dads shoulders at #AstroWorld as he tried to protect him from crowd surge. His dad was overcome by pressure, Ezra fell and was trampled. His family says all organs are damaged, brain swelling- praying for a miracle
https://twitter.com/StefaniaOnABC13/status/1457849044001337353?s=20

BBM

“The rapper, who is expecting his second child with girlfriend Kylie Jenner, then encouraged fans to "find anything you're gonna use to consume to get you lit," and lists various substances, including drugs, water, orange juice and alcohol.

"Whatever you want to do, man, get it in and you just have fun," he says, before encouraging fans to put their cell phones away in order to better enjoy the show. "At the end of the night you should be f—ing throwing up”

A fan:
"I remember me being on the ground and the music stopping and I could hear him say, 'Y'all know what y'all came here for?' And you can hear everybody screaming out for help," McGilver said. "And then the music just plays back again. I just don't understand how you can hear everyone screaming out for help and not stop the show at all."

Travis Scott Talks 'Raging' in Resurfaced Video: 'Always Wanted to Make It Feel Like It Was the WWF'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back