TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard it differently I guess... I heard HPD/HFD were alerted to incidents starting and alerted the producers at 930pm. The show continued to run through the entire set with the last song starting at 1010 pm. He was insinuating the producers of the show did nothing to stop the show and help the audience, which is evidenced by videos of the scene as well as camera people not listening and shoving people off their stands even though the people are yelling someone is dead and to please stop the show.

Not sure. In the longer version of the PC, reporters were questioning him on why it took so long to stop it. He says something like you can't stop it too quickly because people would riot. Maybe that's what the producers told him?

The videos on the daily mail article are short, but IMO, horrifying. Does a head artist of a live show have any "duty of care" in such a scenario? @gitana1

Please disregard the seemingly inflammatory headlines. I think that the videos are worthy of sharing however (all jmo).

Eight are killed and 'hundreds' injured at Travis Scott's sold-out Astroworld Festival in Houston | Daily Mail Online
Legally, I don't know, but ethically and morally, absolutely. those are people there to see you. They shouldn't die while you continue to perform.

Here it is at about 45:45. To me it sounds like he was good with the amount of time it took to end the concert

Not sure. In the longer version of the PC, reporters were questioning him on why it took so long to stop it. He says something like you can't stop it too quickly because people would riot. Maybe that's what the producers told him?
Maybe so... there's a ton of video out there of people trying to tell the camera people and Travis himself and they are shooed away and ignored. It's really bad.

Longer version of PC. They said there were MANY administrations of Narcan

I watched the Press Conference (PC) from the Washington Post YouTube channel. It was unclear to me whether there were multiple administrations of Narcan to ONE person, or administrations of Narcan to MULTIPLE people.

There were many occasions, IMO, where the journalists and speakers were talking over each other. In addition, I felt that at times, the speakers did not clarify the question being asked, before giving an answer, that IMO, could have been misinterpreted.

I wish that organizers of such PCs, would realize that HEARING and UNDERSTANDING the question, is a VITAL part of providing a CLEAR answer, for both the speaker, and the wider audience. All JMO

Edited for formatting, autocorrect error, and to reinforce, that this is JMO.

Last edited:
I watched the Press Conference (PC) from the Washington Post YouTube channel. It was unclear to me whether there were multiple administrations of Narcan to ONE person, or administrations of Narcan to MULTIPLE people. There were many occasions, IMO where the journalists and speaks were talking over each other. In addition, I felt that at times, the speakers did not clarify, the question being asked, before giving an answer, that IMO, could have been misinterpreted.
I wish that organizers of such PCs, would realize that HEARING and UNDERSTANDING the question, is a VITAL part of providing a CLEAR answer, for both the speaker, and the wider audience.
The speakers were trying to deal with it and they kept just shouting at them... it got out of hand...

After The Who concert tragedy I found myself thinking about it often, as several times I found myself in corridors so crowded that people were pressing from behind in such a crush that we could only move forward. Like being pushed forward in a solid mass of people. I knew if anyone lost their footing and fell they would likely be trampled.

This is when I was a teenager and into my early 20s, when I was attending concerts and sporting events. I remember it being scary yet as a young person I guess I felt like nothing would happen to me and my friends.

After The Who concert tragedy I found myself thinking about it often, as several times I found myself in corridors so crowded that people were pressing from behind in such a crush that we could only move forward. Like being pushed forward in a solid mass of people. I knew if anyone lost their footing and fell they would likely be trampled.

This is when I was a teenager and into my early 20s, when I was attending concerts and sporting events. I remember it being scary yet as a young person I guess I felt like nothing would happen to me and my friends.
It's why I'm always at the back of festivals.. I never want the front of an unseated crowd. Hard pass.

I remember seeing the TV coverage of Hillsborough as a child. People crushed to death against that fence. I've never forgotten it. I knew someone who lost family members that day. How are similar tragedies still happening?

I remember seeing the TV coverage of Hillsborough as a child. People crushed to death against that fence. I've never forgotten it. I knew someone who lost family members that day. How are similar tragedies still happening?
I didn't see it as a child but it's still engrained in my mind. I grew up to be a Liverpool supporter so it mens that much more to me this is happening here... we can't let this become our Hillsborough.

I watched the Press Conference (PC) from the Washington Post YouTube channel. It was unclear to me whether there were multiple administrations of Narcan to ONE person, or administrations of Narcan to MULTIPLE people.

There were many occasions, IMO where the journalists and speakers were talking over each other. In addition, I felt that at times, the speakers did not clarify, the question being asked, before giving an answer, that IMO, could have been misinterpreted.

I wish that organizers of such PCs, would realize that HEARING and UNDERSTANDING the question, is a VITAL part of providing a CLEAR answer, for both the speaker, and the wider audience. All JMO

Edited for formatting, autocorrect error, and to reinforce, that this is JMO.

Administration of Narcan would be a standard medical procedure for people collapsing at a concert. It doesn't mean that there was knowlege of any drug attacks or overdoses. It would just be like giving oxygen or an IV to anyone that is found down, nowadays, at least

Administration of Narcan would be a standard medical procedure for people collapsing at a concert. It doesn't mean that there was knowlege of any drug attacks or overdoses. It would just be like giving oxygen or an IV to anyone that is found down, nowadays, at least

Why, is it?

1) Generally safe?
2) Has few, if any, contraindications?
3) Above average chance that opiods/opiates could be a complication in such a situation (whether intentional/unintentional)?

Why, is it?

1) Generally safe?
2) Has few, if any, contraindications?
3) Above average chance that opiods/opiates could be a complication in such a situation (whether intentional/unintentional)?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes , but now even an older person at home or in a nursing home could be using opiates for a medical reason. So just like giving a bolus of glucose, or oxygen mask, it's just a standard practice for emergency responders before a patient can get into the ER

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back