TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
$5 million for a STAGE while people are dying worldwide for a lack of food and affordable medicine??

I'm going take to take a breather, look after my dogs, and listen to some Live Aid.

ETA: What ever happened compassion, humility, and empathy, especially for those who are less fortunate?

Makes the robber barons look good in comparison
Tickets to the Astroworld program ( which Scott owns part of) start at $300 + $65 if you want the 2-day pass. VIP start at $725 + $69, and the top ticket was $1000 + $78.

Fans were complaining. Some saying they were excited to buy a ticket but thought about their kids and what nearly $800 for ONE person would do to their families budget with Christmas coming up

Those prices made me realize how old I am. I spent my teens & 20’s at Tanglewood, the Music Inn, the Hatch Shell in Boston, and never spent more than $30. Tanglewood lawn tickets were $15.00.

The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, always local favorite James Taylor. And I was never pushed, crushed or distressed except for the bathroom lines.

I know inflation but I find that way too expensive for an artist whose fan base skews young. It feels icky like ripping off young fans to indulge your narcissistic fantasies. It ain’t James Taylor or Carly Simon, that’s for sure.

Kylie Jenner's video of Stormi at Astroworld before 8 people died

“Another video shows Scott pausing his performance after finally noticing an ambulance in the audience. He points to the flashing lights and asks, “What the f–k is that?”

Geez, it’s an emergency vehicle of some type, how about stopping long enough to find out?

A moment later he asks the crowd if they are “good” to put their “middle fingers” up, which they do, so Scott launches back into performance mode.”

Kind of difficult to put your middle finger up whilst being trampled or unconscious.
At the time he is telling people to put their middle fingers up, people are literally doing CPR on multiple people... it's disturbing.

Makes the robber barons look good in comparison

Those prices made me realize how old I am. I spent my teens & 20’s at Tanglewood, the Music Inn, the Hatch Shell in Boston, and never spent more than $30. Tanglewood lawn tickets were $15.00.

The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, always local favorite James Taylor. And I was never pushed, crushed or distressed except for the bathroom lines.

I know inflation but I find that way too expensive for an artist whose fan base skews young. It feels icky like ripping off young fans to indulge your narcissistic fantasies. It ain’t James Taylor or Carly Simon, that’s for sure.
I love good rap but I also love Carly Simon. I have good parents. ;)

I think it's gonna get real ugly.

He is at least part owner of the company that put on the venue. He will be the deep pocket for at least 8 wrongful death lawsuits and numerous pain and suffering lawsuits.

He can't hide behind plausible deniability. If he was cited in 4 prior incidents that didn't involve a "mass casualty event" as LE called this, why would you think the current charges will be any less?

He, and his company, will be uninsurable for future concerts. That will really hurt because he won't be able to rent any venues without insurance.

Oh well, maybe he can hold his next concert at his GF's house.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

When you put on a concert/show -- in a sense, you're responsible in part for the attendee's safety, correct ?
They are there for you.
Their purchase of tickets is your livelihood.

Even though the venue and the city are hosting your concert and thus also bear responsibility --- if the crowd is pointing to someone who is then carried out; you don't keep on singing !
Imo.

I think T.S. might have known there was something wrong and seemed unfazed ?
Lest that be too harsh -- I'm not familiar with this entertainer, T.S. -- he should have paid attention to a limp young person being carried away and the two brave people who tried to get the cameraman's attention.
And those two were also ignored.

This was a senseless tragedy and could have been easily prevented.
Which makes it all the more heartbreaking.
Imo.

Rest in peace for the eight precious lives lost !

Last edited by a moderator:
We fed this monster. Bought tickets, merch, and followed his adventures as a baby daddy of a reality show family member.

Middle finger up while people are dying.
Take a good look, and decide if this is what we should consider entertainment.

Stop feeding the monster and it will go away.
We deserve better.

amateur opinion and speculation

Can someone please help me post something I have to post from my phone and when I do, the headline and other things turn out gigantic.
I truly appreciate the help

Can someone please help me post something I have to post from my phone and when I do, the headline and other things turn out gigantic.
I truly appreciate the help

You can change the font size after pasting the text in the comment box. After pasting the text, highlight the text then click the icon I pointed the arrow to in the image below. When the numbers come up, click on one of them and the text size will change. If you don't like that size, then choose another. If you want to do more than one size (like larger for a title and then smaller below that), then just highlight the lines separately and apply the font size change for one then the other.

I hope that makes sense o_Oo_Oo_O

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.54.04 AM.png

You can change the font size after pasting the text in the comment box. After pasting the text, highlight the text then click the icon I pointed the arrow to in the image below. When the numbers come up, click on one of them and the text size will change. If you don't like that size, then choose another. If you want to do more than one size (like larger for a title and then smaller below that), then just highlight the lines separately and apply the font size change for one then the other.

I hope that makes sense o_Oo_Oo_O

View attachment 320780
Thank you so very much Gardenista! ❤️❤️❤️
I tried no clue why it is not working for me
If it is possible, can you please put this poor soul in the unidentified forum?
Authorities are searching to find the identity of a Astro World Houston concert goer.

Medical examiner seeks help identifying Astroworld Festival victim

I have been in large crowds, and at concerts with festival tickets. You get a ticket with a number, and an usher takes you to a space, with the number. It has a fence around it, not like a cage, but a definite fenced area.

With about 40 or so people (?), maybe more, but there are areas parallel, set up facing the stage, each area is like a small corral. All very organized. There is an intersecting path in front and behind the corrals, with corrals behind the intersected path. With security guards.

Sounds like this arena didn't have any sort of organization at all. No wonder it turned into a giant mass free for all.

Medical examiner seeks help identifying Astroworld Festival victim
''HOUSTON, Texas -- Authorities are looking for help identifying one of the eight victims who died during Friday's Astroworld Festival tragedy.

Representatives with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences released an image of the man Saturday, just 24 hours after the incident.

The man, believed to be in his early 20s, had short black or dark brown wavy hair, a slight mustache with a noticeable goatee, and was wearing size 11 white Nike sneakers. He was 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighed 498 pounds.

A warning: His image, which is included below, may be disturbing to some viewers.

His body was recovered from Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center, where he was brought after Friday's incident.

If you recognize the man or believe you can help identify him, contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences at 832-927-5000 or 832-927-5001.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back