TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How does this payout work? Is it handled like Class Action?
I have no idea.

That aside, first, there needs to be substantial payouts. A very large amount of the pay out demands and advertised jury awards (jury awards mean nothing) posted by personal injury attorneys are pure hype.

In this case, however, there are going to be pay outs. The key question is how much? Corporate targets named in the suits have deep pockets- but they can also afford to file well thought out appeals.

Texas appellate Courts may be business friendly when it comes to upholding easily won "jack pot" verdicts. This could lead to low settlements from many of the Corporate targets, especially if they were only distantly involved in the event.

That leaves Scott. I dont think much is going to be collected from Scott for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
The Houston high schools that 2 of the victims attended met each other in a play-off football game this past Saturday afternoon. It’s a gut check reminder of the terrible loss the community is dealing with. Brianna Rodriguez and John Hilgert were everyone’s daughter and son who perished that terrible night at a concert that spiraled out of control. And no one knew how to stop it before 10 young people would lose their lives.

Victims of Astroworld Festival tragedy honored at high school football game

HS football teams compete amid mourning for Astroworld Fest victims

Last edited:
...various over seas countries.. where uhmm..... "banking privacy" is valued.... my guess is that Scott has both the ability and the will to start transferring.
@Cryptic sbm bbm Thx for your post, distinguishing TS's situation as a defendant from other def's, like players in prof. sports leagues. And your other points too.

As to transfer, is it possible TS already has beaucoup bucks tucked away in off shore accounts (plural)? Perhaps the majority of his net worth? Agreeing that he may transfer more, much more. my2ct.

FWIW, anyone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshore_ban
Also per IRS, income from these a/c's are not tax free or non taxable to US taxpayers.
"FATCA (the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) ... "targets tax non-compliance by US taxpayers with foreign accounts..."
^
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/foreign-account-tax-compliance-act-fatca

Last edited:
As to transfer, is it possible TS already has beaucoup bucks tucked away in off shore accounts (plural)? Perhaps the majority of his net worth? Agreeing that he may transfer more, much more. my2ct.

I think you could well be right about prior transfers.

Another member noted in a previous thread that it has become increasingly common for high income individuals in high risk professions and the wealthy to take prior precautions from personal injury lawsuits.

As a side note, and as a sign of the increasingly dis United States, many states are have Domestic Asset Protection Trusts. Transfers made to such trusts prior to a lawsuit cannot be seized. Transfers made after a lawsuit to these Domestic trusts can be seized.

But... the seizure order needs to comply with all laws and regulations governing the trusts. Some of the states have made it increasingly difficult for any seizure order to comply with every needed stipulation.

Nevada attorneys in particular boast that no trust has ever been seized after the two year maturation period. Likewise, Wyoming has a two year maturation and anonymous trusts. This might lead to: "Gosh, we would love to implement this seizure order, but... we dont truly know if TS owns that account- have a nice day".

Going back to your observation, I would not be surprised if TS already has a mixture of over seas accounts and carefully selected domestic accounts.

Astroworld Suit Seeking $750 Million Names Drake, Apple, Even Britney Spears' Ex-Manager — Rolling Stone

Texas attorney Tony Buzbee, who filed the complaint on behalf of more than 125 plaintiffs, tells Rolling Stone he believes all the defendants “ignored” a series of red flags and should be held liable.

“When people say, ‘Tony, How can you sue Apple TV, the record labels and these other peripheral entities?’ Well I would suggest they threw in with this. They were promoting this, encouraging this and profiting from this,” he said. “It’s profits over people. And if the show doesn’t go on, people don’t get paid.”

He said no one was “incentivized to stop this show,” from the permitting process through the final song performed onstage, because so much money was at stake.

“I guarantee you, had the crowd attacked the stage or interfered with the performers themselves, oh my goodness, they would have called in every police officer within a hundred miles. But as long as the performers weren’t in any kind of jeopardy, who gives a s*** about the people in the crowd, I guess, was the attitude. And it can’t be like that,” he said.

I mean… the man does have a point.

Astroworld Suit Seeking $750 Million Names Drake, Apple, Even Britney Spears' Ex-Manager — Rolling Stone

Texas attorney Tony Buzbee, who filed the complaint on behalf of more than 125 plaintiffs, tells Rolling Stone he believes all the defendants “ignored” a series of red flags and should be held liable.

“When people say, ‘Tony, How can you sue Apple TV, the record labels and these other peripheral entities?’ Well I would suggest they threw in with this. They were promoting this, encouraging this and profiting from this,” he said. “It’s profits over people. And if the show doesn’t go on, people don’t get paid.”

He said no one was “incentivized to stop this show,” from the permitting process through the final song performed onstage, because so much money was at stake.

“I guarantee you, had the crowd attacked the stage or interfered with the performers themselves, oh my goodness, they would have called in every police officer within a hundred miles. But as long as the performers weren’t in any kind of jeopardy, who gives a s*** about the people in the crowd, I guess, was the attitude. And it can’t be like that,” he said.

What I a great, succinct statement on what went wrong and why certain corporations are also to blame. No one was incentivized to stop. Perhaps the upcoming lawsuits will incentivize McDonald's and other giant corporate leaders to pay more close attention to the criminal charges and highly questionable behavior of some of the people they promote (Nike, Fortnite, etc)

I've been waiting for someone to name Apple--I said early on the livestream was the reason they didn't call it off.

I so agree, and I hope this lawyer utilizes the footage of Travis telling the crowd to "*advertiser censored** the guy up" when the fan grabbed Travis' shoe off his foot at some prior concert.

I know TS claims he didn't know how serious it was at Astroworld, and he did know personally that someone grabbed his shoe. Yet IMO it still demonstrates how little regard he had for the well-being of his fans.

snipped

Indeed - it may seem like a lot, but I seem to recall in the Station Nightclub fire lawsuits, they went after everyone they could, because it was the only way to be hopeful of getting a meaningful sum for the victims. I remember they went after Budweiser (I think...) who were running a promotion at the time. It's their job to find everyone who profited and ask the hard questions (then it can be decided in court whether they need to pay).

I so agree, and I hope this lawyer utilizes the footage of Travis telling the crowd to "*advertiser censored** the guy up" when the fan grabbed Travis' shoe off his foot at some prior concert.

I know TS claims he didn't know how serious it was at Astroworld, and he did know personally that someone grabbed his shoe. Yet IMO it still demonstrates how little regard he had for the well-being of his fans.

You better believe the lawyer has a TON of video evidence of TS's previous behavior. There are so many videos that can't be posted here because the sites aren't approved sources, but there is no shortage of footage showing TS's true character and willingness to put his fans in harms way. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back