TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he will have a huge money making fence climbing raucous crowd at his next concert.
JMO
It's possible he doesn't realize the gravity of the situation and believes venues will book him for another show ?

If he HAS a 'next concert' ?
His performing career may be over.
That's not to say he still can't produce music -- but maybe from a recording studio setting with no crowds ?
MOO.

Every situation is different, and Texas laws aren’t the same as the laws of my state. However, I’ve been in a situation that had some points in common with this. A corporation had harmed a large number of people. They offered everyone $5000. I asked my attorneys if I’d run any risk in taking it. They told me to go ahead and take it—it wouldn’t change a thing. I did, and as far as I know, the question never came up again. Lawsuit went on as planned.

But, as I said:
1: a different state.
2: in my case, a corporation that valued its reputation and had every intention of continuing in business.
3: Probably because of (2), in my case there wasn’t any fine print.
4: They were offering cash as a good-will gesture—not as though I’d asked for it on my own.

Still, I feel very doubtful that the refund of a ticket would be deemed recompense for the death of a child, in this situation.

And, based on what I’ve seen in cases I’ve followed on Websleuths, I don’t rely very heavily on legal commentary offered to the media.

When I heard this today I was reminded of The Who concert tragedy where 11 died and dozens were injured after being trampled. That happened in Cincinnati in I think 1979. I was a teen and frequently attended concerts then.
Yes, that's what immediately came to my mind, too. I don't think that general admission seating was banned per se, maybe in Cincinnati. But I just thought that practice was just done away with in the US.

I think this is a very good assessment. Sadly, given that the rap genre favors bad boy imagery, my bet is that sales will be pretty brisk.

This is a concern I have.

From what we can see, it appears as though there was a very multicultural cross-section of people in attendance. Nothing in common except that they were young and were fans of rap, or of TS in particular.

My worry is that for some subset, going to another TS show in the future would be seen as a badge of honor, some kind of Russian Roulette, some tough-guy status, something daring, something to boast about, some "street cred." A hint of danger and the adrenaline boost that extreme sports people love.

Maybe I'm just speculating too much.

My worry is that for some subset, going to another TS show in the future would be seen as a badge of honor, some kind of Russian Roulette, some tough-guy status, something daring, something to boast about, some "street cred." A hint of danger and the adrenaline boost that extreme sports people love.

I dont think you are speculating too much at all.

Evidently TS hyped and promoted past jostling and injuries at his shows as proof of the, I guess....."intensity"- "Things can get crazy! Now you really want a ticket!!"

Anectdotaly, I once worked out in a boxing / MMA gym where some members went to underground matches despite knowing that challenges, fights, and brawls amongst audience members were fairly common.

As you stated, it was considered a strange 'badge of honor' or badge of "You are now so... worthy" to be invited. I would like to say that I was just too mature to accept the their invitation and thus declined the "badge"- but I also had a job that I could not afford to lose. In either case, I never went.

But... your stated psychological draw of participating in danger was very real for the members of the gym.

Last edited:
Nike Postpones Air Max Shoe Release With Travis Scott Following Astroworld Concert Deaths

Nike isn’t the first to postpone something with Scott since Astroworld. Last week, the Houston Rockets postponed its planned “Travis Scott Night,” where the NBA team planned to give away thousands of limited edition shirts during a game against the Detroit Pistons. Instead, the team hosted a moment of silence honoring the victims. So far, 10 people have died from their injuries including two high school students and a 9-year-old boy.

A number of well known brand from a variety of industries have collaborated with Scott over the past few years. This summer, he announced a partnership with Dior for a 2022 fashion collection. Last year, he partnered with McDonald’s on a meal. Other collaborations have included with Epic Games, Playstation, Mattel and General Mills. Since the Atroworld event, Epic has pulled its in-game music icons within Fortnite.

Nike Postpones Air Max Shoe Release With Travis Scott Following Astroworld Concert Deaths

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

In 2015, Chicago officials said Scott encouraged fans at the Lollapalooza music festival to vault security barricades. The rapper was sentenced to one year of court supervision after pleading guilty to reckless conduct charges.

In 2017, Scott was arrested after he encouraged fans to bypass security and rush the stage during a concert in Arkansas, leaving a security guard, a police officer and several others injured. Scott faced several misdemeanor charges, including inciting a riot. He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and paid a fine.

Rapper's rowdy past raises red flags in Astroworld lawsuits

Last edited by a moderator:
So the message is: when very rich people get tiny fines, it's a slap on the wrist and they keep doing what they're doing.

Criminal charges with no bite don't seem to have much effect on people who like being seen as "criminal" or at least "dark."

Rowdy is way too weak a word to describe all of this behavior over the past few years, and I'm very disappointed in headline writers right now.

Nike isn’t the first to postpone something with Scott since Astroworld. Last week, the Houston Rockets postponed its planned “Travis Scott Night,” where the NBA team planned to give away thousands of limited edition shirts during a game against the Detroit Pistons. Instead, the team hosted a moment of silence honoring the victims. So far, 10 people have died from their injuries including two high school students and a 9-year-old boy.

A number of well known brand from a variety of industries have collaborated with Scott over the past few years. This summer, he announced a partnership with Dior for a 2022 fashion collection. Last year, he partnered with McDonald’s on a meal. Other collaborations have included with Epic Games, Playstation, Mattel and General Mills. Since the Atroworld event, Epic has pulled its in-game music icons within Fortnite.

Thank you for that list.

This is a concern I have.

From what we can see, it appears as though there was a very multicultural cross-section of people in attendance. Nothing in common except that they were young and were fans of rap, or of TS in particular.

So you think that when there are similarly aged groups of black, white and Hispanic people, that they have nothing in common? I don't think ethnicity works like that, personally.

Having a "rapper in common" is a really big deal. People include musical tastes when choosing spouses or friends (many people do).

There should be no TS shows in the future, IMO. If they continue, I hope parents and young adults are advised that the "ride" they're taking is way scarier than doing a steep ski slope with no skiing lessons.

Doesn’t it seem strange that 10 days later, the Cameraman has not publicly been identified and a media storm is not sitting out front his house trying to get the first interview. I read in a few places, that he’s getting death threats but I don’t see how, when nobody knows who he. I don’t condone death threats, btw. I’m just amazed that his name hasn’t been leaked and I’m obsessively curious as to how he’s avoided it. When the mainstream media has interviewed the young people that went up the latter, trying to get the cameraman to help, the reporter refers to the cameraman as the cameraman and ends the segment. No mention of, “we’ve reached out to Mr. ? for comment but as of this airing we have not received a response.” They don’t speculate at all on camera, who he is. I just find this strange. Maybe it’s just me but 10 days later and 10 lives lost, I feel this should not be a question that I/we are still asking. I hope I posted this in the right spot. It’s my first post.

Doesn’t it seem strange that 10 days later, the Cameraman has not publicly been identified and a media storm is not sitting out front his house trying to get the first interview. I read in a few places, that he’s getting death threats but I don’t see how, when nobody knows who he. I don’t condone death threats, btw. I’m just amazed that his name hasn’t been leaked and I’m obsessively curious as to how he’s avoided it. When the mainstream media has interviewed the young people that went up the latter, trying to get the cameraman to help, the reporter refers to the cameraman as the cameraman and ends the segment. No mention of, “we’ve reached out to Mr. ? for comment but as of this airing we have not received a response.” They don’t speculate at all on camera, who he is. I just find this strange. Maybe it’s just me but 10 days later and 10 lives lost, I feel this should not be a question that I/we are still asking. I hope I posted this in the right spot. It’s my first post.

I feel like I read an article or watched an interview where it was said that he notified someone, but I can't recall where it was.

BTW, you did perfect on your first post ❤️

So you think that when there are similarly aged groups of black, white and Hispanic people, that they have nothing in common? I don't think ethnicity works like that, personally.

Not my meaning at all. I'm white and married to a Hispanic.

What my intent was in pointing out that it is a multicultural cross-section of an audience is that they are diverse---geographically, education level, careers, children through late 20s that we know of, but that I was concerned that their unified love of rap might contain a subset. A subset that would be even more eager to attend a future Travis Scott show, because the implied threat to their safety is even more exciting and alluring now.

Sorry if I was unclear.

I feel like I read an article or watched an interview where it was said that he notified someone, but I can't recall where it was.

BTW, you did perfect on your first post ❤️
Thank you! (I just read in a few spots that the cameraman did call for help.) I’m still confused why police didn’t swarm the stage and shut it down. Plus how could Travis and crew not know about what happened for several hours after the show, while they were having their after party at Dave & Busters. Wasn’t all their phones going off with the tragic news that happened at his event, plus all the emergency vehicles on scene. You know they had to be checking their phones every 2 seconds to see all the buzz coming in about the show. (Reviews, comments, etc) If so, you know that had to see the news feeds. I know nobody has the answers. I’m just really thinking out loud. I’m just so so upset for all the people affected. I recently lost my mom, so everything really gets to me. Especially senseless deaths. Thank you for listening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42
Back