TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure, but it did make me wonder if that's where all of the satanic comments about the concert came from. When you watch the several minutes the hands appear during the show, it is so disturbing.

I’m curious now to know what his background is. I barely knew who he was before this other than a musician and Kylies baby daddy.

Strip Club $
Those pictures don't have real money on the floor. They look like bad fake money.
@Herat bbm Yes, like my post said:
"Or .... prearranging event got straps of bills (counterfeit bills? Fuzzy grainy pix, ya know), and called paparazzi beforehand for photo ops of scene...." bbm sbm

On closer inspection, those bills look almost as authentic as Monopoly money from the board game.;):rolleyes::D my2ct

TS' Background?
I’m curious now to know what his background is. I barely knew who he was before this other than a musician and Kylies baby daddy.
@Luna20
W quick searches, here's what I've skimmed.
Travis Scott - Wikipedia
In footnotes there, many links to other sites.

Travis Scott - IMDb

"Filmography
Jump to: Actor | Composer | Director | Soundtrack | Music department | Producer | Self | Archive footage"

The earliest entry I see for him was a Soundtrack credit: " ''Game of Thrones (TV Series) (performer: "Power is Power 2011" He would have been only ~ 20 y/o.

FWIW: "Who Is Travi$ Scott?" An interview (~ 2012?).
^ Who Is Travi$ Scott?

eeeeew! That is so creepy. I wonder if it’s some kind of subliminal satanic thing?

The whole setup is a throwback to the old traveling carnivals, with fortune tellers, flames (fire eaters back in the day), and so on... Nothing satanic about the actual concept, although I've got zero knowledge about TS and his own views or motivation for using the old theme, since I'd never heard of him before this tragedy.

The whole setup is a throwback to the old traveling carnivals, with fortune tellers, flames (fire eaters back in the day), and so on... Nothing satanic about the actual concept, although I've got zero knowledge about TS and his own views or motivation for using the old theme, since I'd never heard of him before this tragedy.

Guilt by association (his lewd lyrics and desire to create dangerous chaos) makes me think it’s not wholesome.

Publicity Stunt? or CoHinkyDink?
Instagram star DJ Akademics claiming Drake has blown $1m on exotic performers while there. Video suggested Drake spent $1 million on strippers...The club wrote '2 floors covered with money." Drake went to a STRIP CLUB for a private party a day after his deadly Astroworld concert | Daily Mail Online* bbm sbm

Sooo,
after AstroWorld, TS & Drake decided on the spur of the moment to head to a strip club?
And,
Drake just happened to have handy a million $ in one dollar bills to casually throw around the club floor?
Altho,
One vid shows the club virtually empty.
Some pix of bills on floor seem to be undisturbed. I wonder when those pix were taken.

Or maybe someone, say, PR team for Drake, TS, or club, prearranging event got straps of bills (counterfeit bills? Fuzzy grainy pix, ya know), and called paparazzi beforehand for photo ops of scene.

If there are pix/vid of Drake & TS there, I missed them. Maybe they were at Bible study? A Neil deGrasse Tyson astronomy lecture? Maybe they were at club. IDK.

Call me a cynic, but based on various aspects of the story,* I'm calling it a staged publicity stunt, albeit badly timed. Some might say it backfired.

Not commenting on these two in particular but saying I personally have doubts about the authenticity of celebrity "news."
But I am sure those AstroWorld deaths & injuries were all too real. A massive tragedy. my2ct

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Money Carpet
"... 1,000,000 one dollar bills measures 111,287.5 square feet ... cover an area approximately equal to the size of two football fields."
Money Stack
"... a stack of 100 one dollar bills measures .43 inches.
"... 1,000,000 one dollar bills measures 4,300 inches or 358 feet – about the height of a 30 to 35 story building."

^ Grasping Large Numbers

you can pay for things at a strip club on credit card too.

Edited to fix typo lol

Last edited:
you can pay for things at a strap club on credit card too.
I wonder if the photos or videos with the fake money are for a music video for Drake.

He's utterly despicable, IMHO, for not cancelling the visit to both Dave & Busters and the strip club after the news of the deaths was posted. It was being posted during the concert, so there is no way their managers did not know about this before they left.

Guilt by association (his lewd lyrics and desire to create dangerous chaos) makes me think it’s not wholesome.

Excellent point! What he said in interviews does not match up with how he encouraged fans without tickets to rush the gates etc... TS created a carnival amusement park festival to pay homage to the old Six Flags AstroWorld amusement park (1968-2005), for the kids. In his words, from GQ 2018:

"They tore down Astroworld to build more apartment space." Perhaps the political is starting to seep somewhere into Scott’s conscious. "That’s what it’s going to sound like, like taking an amusement park away from kids. And we want it back. We want the building back. That’s why I’m doing it. It took the fun out of the city."

<modsnip - quote without a working MSM link>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN STATEMENT:

It is beyond disappointing and concerning that longtime members have been posting/replying to LINKS on this thread that are very obviously the OPPOSITE of anything that would ever appear in mainstream media.

Anyone who has been a Websleuths member for more than a month should absolutely be able to recognize sources that are blatantly putting out garbage. If you have never heard of the source, and if it is the ONLY place that you can find the story that seems too fantastic to be real, then it probably is a ridiculous RUMOR, and IT DOES NOT BELONG ON WEBSLEUTHS.

This tragic thread has been a huge challenge to moderate because of members, new and veteran, who are choosing to ignore the TOS of Websleuths. Simply removing those posts (and there have been over 100, many from repeat offenders) has not stopped the violations.

We are NOT going to close this thread. That affects the majority of participants who have no problems following the Websleuths rules. Instead, those members who cannot successfully post in accordance with the TOS will permanently lose the privilege of posting in this thread.

It’s not that hard to do the right thing folks.

It's sounding like Ezra Blount's injuries are very severe. :(
Very scary for a child to have that happen to him.
His poor father.

Astroworld victim's dad speaks out post Travis Scott concert

"Blount told ABC13 in Texas that he made sure to keep himself and his son toward the back of the massive crowd because he thought it would be more low-key. However, when Scott got onstage, the crowds of people began to push.

Treston asked followers to "please keep hope alive and never stop praying."
Emphasis mine.

T. Blount took measures to keep himself and his son safe !
It should have been an amazing, fun evening for himself and young Ezra.

MOO

It's sounding like Ezra Blount's injuries are very severe. :(
Very scary for a child to have that happen to him.
His poor father.

Astroworld victim's dad speaks out post Travis Scott concert

"Blount told ABC13 in Texas that he made sure to keep himself and his son toward the back of the massive crowd because he thought it would be more low-key. However, when Scott got onstage, the crowds of people began to push.

Treston asked followers to "please keep hope alive and never stop praying."
Emphasis mine.

T. Blount took measures to keep himself and his son safe !
It should have been an amazing, fun evening for himself and young Ezra.

MOO
Totally agree and now he has to deal with people judging him as well.

70 minutes at Astroworld: A countdown to catastrophe
''In the thrill of the moment, clamoring for an idol, many pushed forward, thrusting revelers into revelers, closer and closer and closer, until it seemed every inch was swallowed. Then, fighting the compression or seeking escape, people pushed from the front to the back, and new ripples came with it.''

''Some experienced concertgoers in the crowd grabbed whistles around their necks or shouted “Open it up!” to trigger those around them to form mosh pits, circles that were the only voids in the jam-packed horde. Moshers shoved and heaved their bodies against one another in an aggressive ritual toeing the line between dance and violence. Around mosh pits' perimeter, circles of participants rotated and crowdsurfers took flight.

Moshers want their pits to grow as big as possible. Their outward push, combined with the rotations of participants, can create a swirl of motion that moves through the crowd. It was nothing new to many at the show. But, combined with the push toward the stage, others felt the crowd compress in ways they hadn't before.

Billy Nasser, 24, of Indianapolis, noticed it a few songs in. His raised arms no longer had room to come down. People were falling. Some stepped on the lifeless body of a passed-out man with his eyes rolled back in his head.

“I had to let him go .. It was every man for himself,” Nasser said. “And that was when I realized how bad it was because I literally had to drop him and no one else would help me.”

Mosh pits are actually intended to keep crowd crush from happening. When a crowd surge is happening, larger, stronger people have to push back to keep the mosh circle safe (at 6 people per square meter, it is not safe; at 7-8 it can become lethal). Mosh pits are usually about 4 people per square meter - very crowded by many people's standards, but a person can raise and lower their arms, avoiding postural asphyxiation (which can easily occur at 8 people per square meter).

Mosh pits are no place for a weak or small person, not a big venues.

There was no mosh pit/buffer at Astroworld. Both crowd security and the crowd's inexperience/inability to establish hard boundaries from the remainder of the crowd, meant that many were crushed in the area right in front of the stage, as we've all seen.

That’s very incriminating that those photos have been on his phone all this time and now deleting them. Can’t win one way or the other with that move. Ooops a catch-22!
All of the damage control in the world is not going to mend TS' future as a performing musician.
Nine lives lost.
The death toll could rise, but I hope not !

Imo, TS will not be walking away from this tragedy unscathed.
It could be the end of his career ?
MOO.

Reading this link posted by @dotr, I'm incredulous that this could happen. People coming to a concert armed with bolt cutters? Clearly they had planned in advance to evade the metal detectors, ticket gates and Covid vaccine inspections.

Maybe I'm naive now that I'm old, but here in NYC I just can't picture this happening. Maybe illegal entry into some underground club, but I have NEVER seen this happening at any concert venue, sports event or show that I have EVER attended. I just cannot picture the NYPD allowing people with bolt cutters to rip down fences or to overwhelm barricades. Not back in the 70s when NYC was at its nadir, and definitely not since 9/11, when security tightened everywhere here.

It's hit and miss here with vigilance in checking for the Covid vax, as they are supposed to do in restaurants. But there are so, so many restaurants and they don't have police at the front door. Here, though, you cannot get into any ticketed event that I have seen without first having your bags checked, going through a scanner, and I would imagine handcuffs the moment someone took a bolt cutter to a fence, or tried to circumvent going through the entrance gates.
Jmo from lifelong experience.

Travis promoted the idea of gate crashing a month before, on Twitter, but deleted the tweets. The article is disturbing enough (it has been posted here on an earlier thread). People are clever, when they've been given their idol's permission to do a thing.

Has NY ever had a 100,000 person outdoor event within the city limits? The security at the Houston event was very thin, in part because actual PD members are expensive (there were definitely some - in the VIP area, as far as I can tell. Then, the event security and medics were small in number and the medics were not well trained. I assume the security was probably just your average concert security - they were helpless to control something that got this large.

Performing acts with any clout negotiate proper conditions for their fans. If they can't balance the cost for that with the fee they need, they raise prices or go to another venue. It would be heartless to do otherwise, and truly big acts do this. Over time, more and more venues are also rejecting performer contracts if the performer isn't budgeting enough for security.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back