TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He self reported in one of his online screeds that he argued with his science teacher about Hitler/Nazis and, according to him, "won" the arguement. This has apparently been a longterm problem with him, dating back until at least high school. He also self reported that his family said he wasn't "right in the head." So his parents knew. What we don't know yet for certain is if he was actually a member of a gang or just pretending to be a member of a gang. And yes, there are men who actually pretend to be gang members. The gangs don't like that and will usually take action against such a person or even admit them into the gang, after they take a beating from the gang.

He wrote that he liked to do a Nazi salute to that teacher and say "white power" or "final solution."

He wrote that he liked to do a Nazi salute to that teacher and say "white power" or "final solution."

YIKES! Poor teacher and classmates.
I know some rebellious teens might do that to indict the teacher as a fascist, or too strict but the "final solution."
I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in my class.

YIKES! Poor teacher and classmates.
I know some rebellious teens might do that to indict the teacher as a fascist, or too strict but the "final solution."
I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in my class.
If this was going on, he wouldn’t be in my classroom! Or in my school! IMO

I think not knowing his identity right now probably has a very valid reason behind it. If it’s for his safety, I hope his privacy is maintained and he stays safe.
I agree. With a shooter that has such extreme views, I think it's best they conclude first that he isn't part of a larger organization that would retaliate or in some way have another attack similar to what he did. I think in other recent shootings, LE could maybe easily conclude that is was a lone shooter that wasn't part of a larger organization and fear of retaliation or other harm was likely much lower.

"Cop who 'sprinted towards high power rifle fire as everyone else ran away' and killed Texas mall shooter breaks his silence to ask

- through a statement from his lawyer -

for privacy to 'process life-altering tragedy'.

I have seen chatter that it could be a gang related tattoo. It could be that he wanted to belong to some gang or it seems he just wanted to belong somewhere/anywhere. If he wasn't part of any gang and had that tattoo I am curious how those in the gang would feel about that. IF he was part of it, then I am curious what role that had in this shooting. Seems he had extreme views in every area.. racist, women, his family. It's like he just hated anyone and everyone.

I think you NAILED it he was seeking to FIT IN SOMEWHERE. The Army rejected him, perhaps the WP/Neo-Nazis did too, and the gang. Too bad he didn't have a healthy interest in things besides guns, violence, and hate.

That's a good question. Right wing extremists I'd guess yes, they'd be accepted.
But actual white supremacists? Do they accept brown skinned people?
If they do, it's a total oxymoron.

Although, super progressive and inclusive of them to accept the very people they say they hate, as long as they all hate the same people. Or something.

Ugh, this whole dynamic of trying to understand which groups accept who and why and the color of the skin. UGH I despise racism.
One doesn't need to be accepted by white supremacists to be a white supremacist.
I'm sure the klan wouldn't let him in, but he can do racism all by himself.

The SS tattoos seem to be a full commitment to a Hate group IMHO. But I met a punk who thought it was rebellious to tattoo the swastika on his arm to be edgy but he is non-violent just dumb.
This could well be right.

For somebody looking for negative attention via "shock", there is nothing more shocking than full blown Nazi ideology.

The fact that having such an ideology would apparently be inconsistent with his melanin level would not be important to the "shocker" at all. Rather, its all about the negative attention.

He identified as a neo-Nazi and white supremacist, based on his own posts and content, tattoos, and statements by law enforcement. imo.
I'm talking about the shooter's political ideology and I'm betting he had one because of his swastika tattoos and he chose a horrific crime to bring attention to himself as did Hitler. <modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
He seemed kinda confused.
I think this is a good assessment.

Alone with no meaningful dating relationships, low prestige jobs and a slow separation from family seem to be common characteristics of rampagers. I am thinking that he added several shock identity recreations to this mix for attention:

- Full blown Nazi?: Not really working, the WASP type Nazis dont really accept me and any Hispanic rascists think I've gone too far (fail).

- Dangerous and respected gang member?: "Yikes, the Dallas logo on my hand seems more cheesy than gangish" (fail again)

- So much more than a gang banger, I am an ubber respected uhmm.. cartel dude?: Nobody truly buys it. (fail yet again)

His next attempt at "success" was to murder entire families as a rampage shooter. Absolutely disgusting.

I think this is a good assessment.

Alone with no meaningful dating relationships, low prestige jobs and a slow separation from family seem to be common characteristics of rampagers. I am thinking that he added several shock identity recreations to this mix for attention:

- Full blown Nazi?: Not really working, the WASP type Nazis dont really accept me and any Hispanic rascists think I've gone too far (fail).

- Dangerous and respected gang member?: "Yikes, the Dallas logo on my hand seems more cheesy than gangish" (fail again)

- So much more than a gang banger, I am an ubber respected uhmm.. cartel dude?: Nobody truly buys it. (fail yet again)

His next attempt at "success" was to murder entire families as a rampage shooter. Absolutely disgusting.
This makes it sound like he was bouncing around in his identity and ideology, when in reality he had been single-mindedly obsessed with being a neo-Nazi white supremacist for at least his entire adult life. His posts on the topic go back 10 years.

There's no indication he ever had an interest in being "gangish" or a "cartel dude" and the hand tattoo has no gang association.

He's a neo-Nazi. Just as confused as every other neo-Nazi on earth.

imo.

<modsnip - quoted post was general gun control discussion>

This could have been predicted, local reports are saying he served in the military and was discharged due to mental illness.
He should not have been a security guard with access to any gun, esp a AR15 and ammo.
Other reports are saying his car and motel room housed many guns and much more ammo.
Some reports say his brother also lives at the hotel.

Someone knew…
He was mentally unstable
former military
radicalized toward the far right
arming up for something
There will likely be social media posts with threats and predictions.
Sunday update local news
Be warned of video sights and sounds

JMO-
If you know someone unstable with guns- call the cops, call the ATF, get them committed for eval.
I don’t know what the answer is- but schools all over the nation should not be missing that it is May and we are approaching the one year anniversary of Uvalde.

The problem with those warning signs is that they apply to a large swath of the American population to whom they have become normalized as patriotic behavior. I don't know why people are surprised when someone whose ethnicity is half Hispanic embraces racist views. Enrique Tarrio and Nick Fuentes come to mind.

This article says he failed a mental health evaluation which is why he was booted out.

I'm appalled the defense dept. doesn't alert the FBI data base to red flag those who fail mental health evaluations so they can't purchase weapons. smh

He is no different than Esteban Santiago who killed 5 people and injured 6 in the Fort Lauderdale airport in 2017.

He is no different than Esteban Santiago who killed 5 people and injured 6 in the Fort Lauderdale airport in 2017.

Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army Major killed 13 and injured over 30 at Fort Hood in 2009, in ten minutes, with two handguns.
One victim was pregnant, the death toll is actually 14.

Fort Hood, Texas mass shooting 2009- 10 years ago

The story is worth reading, this guy was truly sick and unhinged. He was a psychiatry army major, treated soldiers post- combat. He became radicalized.

IMO

I'm not sure if people are aware but there is this thing called mestizaje in Latin American Hispanic culture: the mixing of indigenous and Hispanic culture. It wasn't meant to unify but to eradicate the indigenous culture, very similar to what happened to Native Americans in the US and Canada. So a lot of mixed race Hispanics despise Latin Americans who exhibit the characteristics of the indigenous whether than is a darker skin colour, a shorter more compact body shape ot clear indigenous facial features. They hate being clumped into that group. A female council woman called Nury Martinez resigned from her position in LA because of her scathing remarks about indigenous cultures from Mexico.

I'm not sure if people are aware but there is this thing called mestizaje in Latin American Hispanic culture: the mixing of indigenous and Hispanic culture. It wasn't meant to unify but to eradicate the indigenous culture, very similar to what happened to Native Americans in the US and Canada. So a lot of mixed race Hispanics despise Latin Americans who exhibit the characteristics of the indigenous whether than is a darker skin colour, a shorter more compact body shape ot clear indigenous facial features. They hate being clumped into that group. A female council woman called Nury Martinez resigned from her position in LA because of her scathing remarks about indigenous cultures from Mexico.

Yes, well said.
In Texas there are many Hispanic cultures- Hispanic meaning speaking Spanish.
The word used here for part Mexican and part Native American is mestizo.
Those who reside in Mexico may culturally connect with ancestors from Spain, or ancestors who are Native American, Mexican, Central American, South American, etc. or a mix combination of any of these.
California is similar in diversity of Hispanic cultures, as is Arizona and Florida too.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back