TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was remove>

I think someone could be all kinds of weird things especially if they are a confused individual. My guess is the shooter had a low IQ and didn't fully understand the ideologies he was playing around with except they all have one common thing: HATE.
He was obsessed with HATE and violence. He lived by the gun and died by the gun. Since the Army rejected him he had nowhere to act his violent fantasies legally. Not even sure he'd be allowed to behave that way in the Army unless we were involved in a war, even then they are rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
The white supremacists I have met would NOT accept anyone that wasn't pale white skinned as one of their own, with predominately white Northern European ancestry.
They might allow them to join their cause but ultimately found them inferior.
A slight tan was enough for them to criticize their genetics.
WS feel superior and most prefer Pure Bloods, and Pure Aryans, (blonde, light eye color, pale skin) but would accept brown hair, and light brown eyes if their skin was very pale.)
Extremely judgemental people.
It's confusing and crazy but ultimately they will allow those of mixed race even black, dark skin to fight their war but won't ever consider them equals.
The ultimate goal is to have a pure Aryan Nation. They believe only Aryans are God's Chosen People.
I knew people in this movement and asked them a lot of questions because I want to understand what motivates them.
FEAR OF OTHERS. FEELINGS OF SUPERIORITY TO OTHERS.
They need to feel special at all times.
I despise racism and HATE GROUPS too. Way too much hatred in this world. Instead of seeking common ground they seek to find differences and hate others for it.

I have often wondered about these people, if they were dying and needed a transfusion, would they concern themselves with whom the blood had come from?.

This makes it sound like he was bouncing around in his identity and ideology, when in reality he had been single-mindedly obsessed with being a neo-Nazi white supremacist for at least his entire adult life. His posts on the topic go back 10 years.
Good point. Most people negative "identity surfing" don't keep personas for 10 years. Rather, they switch to a new one once they loose interest, the shock wears off etc.

Here's a new article about the shooter that is relevant re: some of these recent posts. For some reason, I'm not surprised this killer felt like he connected to a sick "group" that, realistically, would have adamantly denied wanting anything to do with him. So, not only was he a homicidal killer - he was also an idiot. Typical.

Last edited:
Here's a new article about the shooter that is relevant re: some of these recent posts. For some reason, I'm not surprised this killer felt like he connected to a sick "group" that, realistically, would have adamantly denied wanting anything to do with him. So, not only was he a homicidal killer - he was also an idiot. Typical.

Evidently that sick group does have a political following and there are many Hispanics who identify as "white supremacists." From your link:

The confirmation of Garcia's extreme political beliefs also opened up another question about whether far-Right ideology could be on the rise among Hispanics in America.

In 2017 the Daily Stormer, the leading neo-Nazi website, launched a Spanish-language edition called "El Daily Stormer" and said it had a "big Spanish-speaking population" on its forums.

According to Tanya Hernandez, author of Racial Innocence: Unmasking Latino Anti-Black Bias it is the case that "in Latin America, white supremacy is alive and well."

Looks like Allen Premium outlets will be closed through next Wednesday, at least: Hours for Allen Premium Outlets®

I am concerned for the people who make their living at Allen Premium Outlets and hope they are still being paid since they cannot go to work through no fault of their own.

On the night of the shooting happened someone called in a claim of gunshots fired at Stonebriar Mall about 11 miles from the Allen Premium Outlets and it was also evacuated and closed and on Monday, there were threatening posts made online in regards to local middle schools, so the schools told parents their child could skip on Monday with no penalty if they felt uncomfortable. Subsequently a 13 year old girl was arrested without incident for making the threats against area middle schools.

Hispanics simply are not a "race".

Rather, Hispanics are a cultural group that consists of many different races. Some Hispanics are entirely of one particular race. Most Hispanics, however, are of mixed race.

The degree of mixing can range from being thoroughly blended- and then re mixed again to individual Hispanics who are nearly entirely of a certain race. That race can be Caucasian, Amerindian, and in some cases, Asian

Though most fully, or near fully Caucasian Hispanics are of Spanish descent, Hispanics with Italian, German, Polish, Russian and Croatian last names are fairly common in some Hispanic countries or territories such as Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Costa Rica etc.

Thank you, here it is common for people to believe Mexican and Hispanic are synonyms.
They are not

Hispanics are people who come from a country where the language Spanish is spoken.
Latin American does not include Spain… but most of the traditional people in Latin America are descended from the Spaniards that settled there and mixed with indigenous groups.

The Spanish that I’ve known- from Spain, have lighter hair and eyes and skin as compared to Mexicans. Indigenous groups in North American, Central America, and South America have black hair. My sister had red hair isn brown hair, and people in Mexico would walk up to her and touch her hair when she was a child.
While both Spanish and Mexicans speak Spanish, and are both considered Hispanic, and may have many surnames in common- the similarities end there.

I do not know where this shooter’s family was from. Maybe Mexico, maybe not? His parents needed an interpreter- that leads me to believe they are recent immigrants to the US.
His surname is Hispanic and as this event happened in Texas many would assume he is from Mexico, Central, or South America. Texas has a daily influx of immigrants from the south.
Has anyone read if he was born here?

Understand I have ancestors who are a mix of Spanish and Native American, so please don’t assume I have some race axe to grind. I don’t, just stating the facts as I know them.

IMO

I do not know where this shooter’s family was from. Maybe Mexico, maybe not? His parents needed an interpreter- that leads me to believe they are recent immigrants to the US.
His surname is Hispanic and as this event happened in Texas many would assume he is from Mexico, Central, or South America. Texas has a daily influx of immigrants from the south.
Has anyone read if he was born here?

Understand I have ancestors who are a mix of Spanish and Native American, so please don’t assume I have some race axe to grind. I don’t, just stating the facts as I know them.

IMO
bbm

Born in Dallas, 1989.

bbm

Born in Dallas, 1989.

I’m hitting a paywall for the article, and just saw it is Dallas Morning News.
The fact that this was local to me still makes me saddened and nauseated.
For those of us in education, summer could not come fast enough!

I found a NYT Article, just now seeing the victim names.

The victims who died were identified as:
  • Cindy and Kyu Cho and their 3-year-old son James. Another son, William, 6, was also shot but survived.
  • Daniela Mendoza, 11, and Sofia Mendoza, 8, two sisters in elementary school who were at the mall with their mother.
  • Aishwarya Thatikonda, 26.
  • Elio Cumana-Rivas, 32.
  • Christian LaCour, 20, a security guard. Chief Brian Harvey of the Allen Police said Mr. LaCour “evacuated one individual to safety and was shot while courageously remaining to help others.”

JMO

I’m hitting a paywall for the article, and just saw it is Dallas Morning News.
The fact that this was local to me still makes me saddened and nauseated.
For those of us in education, summer could not come fast enough!

I found a NYT Article, just now seeing the victim names.

The victims who died were identified as:
  • Cindy and Kyu Cho and their 3-year-old son James. Another son, William, 6, was also shot but survived.
  • Daniela Mendoza, 11, and Sofia Mendoza, 8, two sisters in elementary school who were at the mall with their mother.
  • Aishwarya Thatikonda, 26.
  • Elio Cumana-Rivas, 32.
  • Christian LaCour, 20, a security guard. Chief Brian Harvey of the Allen Police said Mr. LaCour “evacuated one individual to safety and was shot while courageously remaining to help others.”

JMO
Sorry - here's another source without a paywall.

Sorry - here's another source without a paywall.

Wow, I had not heard of all the rumors spread on these shootings.

Of course the Allen Mall shooter would have to be a citizen as he pursued the US Army as a career, but he could have been naturalized. Makes sense he was born here.

Thanks

JMO

IMO, only a very disordered mind could think this attack at an outlet mall, as opposed to several very upscale malls which he passed by on the way to an outlet mall, made any sense.

Last edited:
I've always wondered that myself!
I guess a die-hard could/would refuse.

As bad as it sounds, what if the question was posed to those Giving Blood?
Would we hesitate to give if we knew who our blood was going to a hateful person?
For me, No.

To all racist people who think there is actually some kind of genetic difference that makes white people superior… blood is classified by type not race.
Is there a correlation between race and blood type? Not really
The history here is pretty sick NYTimes but we did better when we knew better.

Is there a correlation between race and rare blood types? Yes. That is why it is helpful if all racial groups give blood.
American Red Cross

JMO

White supremacist groups in the United States are usually clear on supporting northern European white identity, and rejecting all others, including Latinos. So why would Garcia, who identified as Hispanic, follow a philosophy that would consider his own identity inferior?

While Garcia’s specific family history has not been publicly detailed, the reality is that strains of white supremacy run through many different cultures. White supremacist sects exist across Latin America, a reflection of the complex nature of “whiteness” in the Western Hemisphere.

But for Garcia, neo-Nazism may have held a more visceral allure: Its thirst for violence and conflict has long fueled mass shooters, regardless of their views on race.

And American history has seen its fair share of Brown- and even Black-skinned neo-Nazis, said Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism.

“When you have a population of 330 million, the bell curve can produce some odd outliers from time to time,” Pitcavage said. “There are certainly indications of violence in the writings, and tons of indications of white supremacy, but also many indications of mental health issues.”

One of the early articles said the shooter's parents were from another country - I believe it was in South America - not 100% sure, but not Mexico. The shooter was born here.

17 minutes is a long time between the officer responding to the first complaint at the Allen Premium Outlet Mall and when the shooting began. If it was the same officer, it was sheer luck he was still in the area of the mall at that point. I have no doubt the officer who neutralized the shooter is an absolute hero who saved so many lives that day. Witnesses have reported that the shooter fired over 100 bullets that day but only managed to kill 8 people.

Meanwhile, some who were wounded have had their condition upgrade and even got out of the hospital:

I'm happy to see that no one is in critical condition at this point and hoping everyone will eventually improve and be able to go home:

3 Fair condition
2 Good condition

The mall is not planning on reopening until after the 19th. Their spokesperson has said they are waiting until all the victim's funerals are over out of respect to the victims.

A police department in a suburb of Dallas, Texas, is criticizing a witness to the violence of the Lone Star State’s newest mass shooting in an effort to discredit him as not “credible,” a press release says.

The man at the center of the dispute issued a statement of his own in response to that press release, saying he is “hurt and disappointed.”

Discussion about alleged witness:

People in Texas are calling for the Allen Mall shooting to be investigated as a hate crime:

Witness 911 calls released so far:

Protocol used by 911 operators to manage the huge influx of calls regarding the shooting:

Trauma center describing treating the injured:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back