TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was disgusted by the press conference tonight. Only two people in it acknowledged the victims. Everyone focused on praising the cop who shot the killer and giving prayers. I'll bet not ONE of those victims' families will give one rat's *advertiser censored** about the prayers from the local officials. What a joke. I felt they are in CYA mode big time. Provided the absolutely most minimal information possible.
BBM CYA mode, indeed. Politicians were there for purely political reasons: because of the Uvalde parents' press conference a few days ago. None of them took questions from reporters. One of the most unusual press conferences I've ever seen.

JMO

AUSTIN, Texas (KEYE) — The Texas House honored the victims of the Robb Elementary School mass shooting Tuesday with 21 memorial resolutions. However, some of the Uvalde families spoke out to say the way to honor their children is to pass gun safety legislation.

Yes its awesome the cop was able to kill the shooter quickly. No argument from me. But its cold comfort that doesn't mean anything to the eight people who were gunned down already or their families or the victims who were shot but survived. Innocent people who did nothing to deserve it. Went out shopping on a sunny Saturday afternoon and tonight they're in a morgue. Sorry, these shootings really piss me off.

I also noticed in several interviews with officials today they used the term "mass attack" instead of mass shooting. I think that's another way to minimize/deflect from the reality of these attacks. I wonder if the men up there today on that press conference have any idea of how empty and hollow their comments sounded. Probably not. One of them seemed to convey actual empathy and sorrow.

I dunno. This guy could have killed dozens more if not for that engagement. He ran towards the threat and wiped his *advertiser censored* out.

But yeah, I agree with your criticism regarding the victims.
Do you think it was because they haven't identified them yet? I just watched it and it was very cold. Even the part about "we are grieving" lacked emotion, IMO.

I lost a bit of faith in humanity earlier when scrolling through my main page on twitter, a video popped up showing someone walking up to the victims. I took me a second to realize what I was looking at and to scroll away, and in that seconds time that image is burned in my brain. I don't know if this was authentic or not, but it was horrendous and should never have been posted on social media. Thankfully it was removed quickly, but it is out there now and someone will repost it. I hope for the sake of the families it was not real.

I too saw the press conference. I really think that everyone is in shock, and there's only a very small amount of information they can release because of (among other things) the vast crime scene.

Like I've been saying, that officer was a true hero. S/he was at the mall, probably to deal with something like a shoplifter or some loitering teenagers, and instead had to do this.

thoughtsandprayers

199th mass shooting in the USA in 2023, and we haven't reached half way yet.

Mass shooting = at least 4 wonderful, distinct, innocent people shot, not including the shooters. The wounded of course are likely to be handed nice fat hospital bills afterwards and may deal with lifelong lasting physical and mental damage.

Mall is a couple of miles from my family, I bought my crocs there at the Croc store. Oh well, people can just start shopping early Monday mornings, maybe that will be safe.

Corrected: originally I said a mass shooting was at least 4 people killed.

"The attack is one of at least 199 mass shootings this year in the US with four or more people shot, excluding a gunman, according to the Gun Violence Archive."

Last edited:
I think it's part of the human psyche to try to alleviate fear. Personally I won't judge someone in this situation.

"Laughter banishes anxiety and can help replace fear. Laughter is a testament to courage, or at least a manifestation of the wish for it, and courage is stronger than fear."

Some may be in shock and this is their reaction. Or their coping mechanism.

moo ymmv jmvho

Yeah, when my young cousin died, her brother laughed when he was standing over her casket. He by no means thought anything was funny.
100% all of these.
I have anxiety. I have used this way of coping in scary and confusing situations (My granmas funeral, being prepped for life saving surgery, giving birth, before exams, in emergencies), it keeps my spirit going and helps me do any emergency and serious things I need to do. It's like a counter balance.

JMO IME

in the video they specify a victim of 5 years old. But as I say I am not sure if they are saying the little child was killed or "only" wounded. "The youngest victim at this point is just 5 years old" is how they put it, just a few seconds into the cnn video I posted.

Last edited:
in the video they specify a victim of 5 years old. But as I say I am not sure if they are saying the little child was killed or "only" wounded. "The youngest victim at this point is just 5 years old" is how they put it, just a few seconds into the cnn video I posted.
Gotcha, I was confused the first time I read it. Then after I posted I reread and edited.

Gotcha, I was confused the first time I read it. Then after I posted I reread and edited.
That lady on CNN had it all wrong anyway, the presser said there were a certain number of people found dead on scene, and then additionally more were taken to hospitals with 2 dying enroute, IIRC. I am seeing so many reports with all sorts of variations.

Nine dead.*
Unbearable. Seven injured. Unbearable.

Every damn day it seems we have another mass murder.

* I don’t want to include the gunman along with his victims, as they are not the same, but it is still nine dead who were alive this morning.

It feels like by the time I’ve had a cup of coffee, there’s another breaking news alert about a mass shooting somewhere in this country.

The systems in place to prevent this are NOT WORKING!!!!

IMO there is a very obvious change that must take place…the common denominator is quite conspicuous.

JMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member