TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it doesn't appear LE was in CYA mode with the earlier news meeting. imo

ETA: The city of Dallas has been dealing with a ransomware attack. It's possible LE couldn't verify all information before the meeting... so they didn't share what they couldn't confirm.

So, what's it going to take? What will be the last straw? Sure hope it comes within my lifetime.

I am so sick of all the solemn reassurances listing all the government agencies and their AFTER the fact cooperation.

in my opinion

I am interested in the shooter, it seems like LEO is keeping the information very tight. The news blurb above made it sound like the shooter's family needed an interpreter to talk to LEO. And that he drove a grey Charger, appeared to wear a security uniform. And the neighbors had not seen him around recently.

I am interested in the shooter, it seems like LEO is keeping the information very tight. The news blurb above made it sound like the shooter's family needed an interpreter to talk to LEO. And that he drove a grey Charger, appeared to wear a security uniform. And the neighbors had not seen him around recently.
Sorry I don't have the link, so I will say that imo there may be a video showing that he pulled up to the mall, evidently at one of the outside areas, jumped out of the "gray car", left the door open and just started firing. Einstein probably had the car registration/home address in the glove box.

imo

"In dashcam video, a person is seen getting out of a silver sedan in the mall’s parking lot. The shooter opens fire at people on a sidewalk.

Dozens of shots can be heard as the shooter approaches the shoppers and the vehicle recording the footage drives away"

Last edited:
Interesting. Shooter was in his 30s and still lived with his parents. I have to wonder if the reason was mental instability.

JMO

IMO, with the economy the way it is these days, having kids in their 30s, 40s, or even 50s living with their parents out of financial necessity happens independent of any mental issues. Though, obviously this guy was pretty messed up based on his murdering all those people.

A 16-year-old pretzel stand employee, Maxwell Gum, described a virtual stampede of shoppers. He and others sheltered in a storage room.

"We started running. Kids were getting trampled," Gum said. "My co-worker picked up a 4-year-old girl and gave her to her parents."

Dashcam video circulating online showed the gunman getting out of a car and shooting at people on the sidewalk. More than three dozen shots could be heard as the vehicle that was recording the video drove off.

Allen Fire Chief Jonathan Boyd said seven people including the shooter died at the scene. Nine victims were taken to area hospitals, but two of them died.

Three of the wounded were in critical condition in the evening, Boyd said, and four were stable.

An Allen Police Department officer was in the area on an unrelated call when he heard shots at 3:36 p.m., the department wrote on Facebook.

"The officer engaged the suspect and neutralized the threat. He then called for emergency personnel," the post said.

Fontayne Payton, 35, was at H&M when he heard the sound of gunshots through his headphones.

“It was so loud, it sounded like it was right outside,” Payton said.

People in the store scattered before employees ushered the group into the fitting rooms and then a lockable back room, he said. When they were given the all-clear to leave, Payton saw the store had broken windows and a trail of blood to the door. Discarded sandals and bloodied clothes lay nearby.

So, what's it going to take? What will be the last straw? Sure hope it comes within my lifetime.

I am so sick of all the solemn reassurances listing all the government agencies and their AFTER the fact cooperation.

in my opinion
I’ve always thought if Sandy Hook, a classroom of first graders and their teaching staff, didn’t change our laws, nothing will. Last year, a classroom of third graders. Still nothing.

What I have noticed is that these shootings no longer stay in the news headlines for more than a couple days, if that.

I’ve always thought if Sandy Hook, a classroom of first graders and their teaching staff, didn’t change our laws, nothing will. Last year, a classroom of third graders. Still nothing.

What I have noticed is that these shootings no longer stay in the news headlines for more than a couple days, if that.
Seems kind of elementary to this old lady.

Equation:
youngish man + AR 15 = mass murder/ unspeakable pain

Let's see, which factor on the left of that equation can be easily altered? To prevent the pain to innocent families?

IMO, with the economy the way it is these days, having kids in their 30s, 40s, or even 50s living with their parents out of financial necessity happens independent of any mental issues. Though, obviously this guy was pretty messed up based on his murdering all those people.
yeah, I don't see any stigma in older offspring living in their parents' home these days. Often, the parents desire that and appreciate help, plus just having the "kids" at home makes them happy. That area north of Dallas is loaded with those huge brick-faced homes, 4-5 bedrooms, pools, 5+ bathrooms. Need of a translator was mentioned, I know from personal experience that it is very common in other countries to assume that the younger generation will stay home until they marry, or even for life. Everyone pitches in.

But this guy was attracting attention from neighbors for being strange. Imagine the utter terror and agony of his own parents when the police came in. Let's hope that somehow they didn't know about their son's weapon(s?) of war.

Well, it doesn't appear LE was in CYA mode with the earlier news meeting. imo

ETA: The city of Dallas has been dealing with a ransomware attack. It's possible LE couldn't verify all information before the meeting... so they didn't share what they couldn't confirm.
The city of Allen has their own police department. They are not Dallas PD.
That press conference was shameful. They refused to call it a shooting or say the word gun. Seven hours after the shooting they definitely knew an assault rifle was used to murder a bunch of people. Again. They just told us prayer will heal us. I am so sick of this. I live in Texas and it is a hellscape these days. Anyone can have a gun pretty much anywhere now, no permit, no questions, and the response to the daily mass shootings we seem to have is more prayer and more guns. I’m fed up.

A 16-year-old pretzel stand employee, Maxwell Gum, described a virtual stampede of shoppers. He and others sheltered in a storage room.

"We started running. Kids were getting trampled," Gum said. "My co-worker picked up a 4-year-old girl and gave her to her parents."

Dashcam video circulating online showed the gunman getting out of a car and shooting at people on the sidewalk. More than three dozen shots could be heard as the vehicle that was recording the video drove off.

Allen Fire Chief Jonathan Boyd said seven people including the shooter died at the scene. Nine victims were taken to area hospitals, but two of them died.

Three of the wounded were in critical condition in the evening, Boyd said, and four were stable.

An Allen Police Department officer was in the area on an unrelated call when he heard shots at 3:36 p.m., the department wrote on Facebook.

"The officer engaged the suspect and neutralized the threat. He then called for emergency personnel," the post said.

Fontayne Payton, 35, was at H&M when he heard the sound of gunshots through his headphones.

“It was so loud, it sounded like it was right outside,” Payton said.

People in the store scattered before employees ushered the group into the fitting rooms and then a lockable back room, he said. When they were given the all-clear to leave, Payton saw the store had broken windows and a trail of blood to the door. Discarded sandals and bloodied clothes lay nearby.
See? That 4 year will be scarred for life, being trampled, picked up by a stranger, but finally united with mom/dad. So much collateral damage exceeding the apparently ho hum statistical body counts remembered only until the next slaughter of innocents a few days later.

Has it even been released?
I’ve seen descriptions of the shooter but not a name, this happened an hour from where I live. I have many family members who live closer- we are all checking in with each other- I’m sick waiting on some
Prayers for the families, survivors and community.
Talk of gun laws will come- for sure

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member