TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something is very different about this shooting. The officials in Texas are trying to minimize the information. They would not use the word gun or shooting at the presser. We still have no names of victims or shooter. Normally these are splashed across the internet by now. The only thing we keep hearing is praise for the cop who shot the shooter and prayers of course.

eta: name just published in that tweet above this, but the officials are not the ones giving this out, which makes me still very suspicious about how they are trying to minimize this event and divert attention away from another brutal mass shooting.

They would not use the word gun or shooting at the presser.
Didn’t I see somewhere (maybe this thread, maybe another mass shooting) that they’re trying to put a PR spin on these stories now and call them “mass attacks”, and I guess hope that people won’t realize that you need a gun to kill that many people that quickly?

Didn’t I see somewhere (maybe this thread, maybe another mass shooting) that they’re trying to put a PR spin on these stories now and call them “mass attacks”, and I guess hope that people won’t realize that you need a gun to kill that many people that quickly?

I was the one in this thread who mentioned that in the presser last night, they stated they activated their "mass attack protocol" for police, first responders, etc. I have heard this same term used in response to another recent shooting event as well, and IMO it is a way to distance and minimize that these are shootings.

I was the one in this thread who mentioned that in the presser last night, they stated they activated their "mass attack protocol" for police, first responders, etc. I have heard this same term used in response to another recent shooting event as well, and IMO it is a way to distance and minimize that these are shootings.

And we, as the public, shouldn't stand for it. We should put extra pressure on the media to call it what it is, no matter what the police call it.

And we, as the public, shouldn't stand for it. We should put extra pressure on the media to call it what it is, no matter what the police call it.

Its not much, but later last night I was watching MSNBC and they specifically mentioned this language from the presser- the lack of the use of the terms shooting or guns. Their perspective was that it was very intentional, and we should expect more of it in the future.

I think the bloody aftermath should be seared into our brains. All we see are comments and the horror of the carnage is something voters don’t see. It’s easy to hide behind thoughts and prayers and platitudes until you see the bodies that literally been eviserated by these assault weapons.
All first responders can do is pick up the bodies because the assault rifles are so fast. In less than a minute, victims were obliterated.

You can see the footage of the shooter getting out of his car and opening fire; you will not see the bodies in this video. Video is easy to find on Twitter.

This situation would have been ten times worse if the off-duty police officer hadn’t been there. And the gunman had on a flak jacket or similar so the cop had to take him down with a head shot.

I believe a mall security person was injured—don’t know if he was one of the deceased. JMO

I think the bloody aftermath should be seared into our brains. All we see are comments and the horror of the carnage is something voters don’t see. It’s easy to hide behind thoughts and prayers and platitudes until you see the bodies that literally been eviserated by these assault weapons.
I personally don't watch those videos and if I had a family member killed in such a way, I wouldn't want their bloody remains blasted all over the internet for eternity.

It really is a double edged sword isn't it? I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer. :(

MOO

Do you think it was because they haven't identified them yet? I just watched it and it was very cold. Even the part about "we are grieving" lacked emotion, IMO.

I lost a bit of faith in humanity earlier when scrolling through my main page on twitter, a video popped up showing someone walking up to the victims. I took me a second to realize what I was looking at and to scroll away, and in that seconds time that image is burned in my brain. I don't know if this was authentic or not, but it was horrendous and should never have been posted on social media. Thankfully it was removed quickly, but it is out there now and someone will repost it. I hope for the sake of the families it was not real.
Do you mean someone was filming the dead bodies?? I sincerely hope I’m misunderstanding your comment. How cold and uncaring can someone be??
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back