Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing I think someone may stop for, early in the morning, after their workout, and on their way home to have a conference call would be coffee. Are there any coffee shops on his way home? .
Respectfully snipped for focus
YES. There is a SB very close to his home right off Inwood, on his way home. M-F it opens at 5:30am

Amateur opinion and speculation

This case is so frustrating. I’m still leaning toward a botched carjacking, but I can understand why some suspect self harm. I wouldn’t rule that out. Could it be that the family revealed to LE that perhaps Alan struggled with depression/was on meds/being treated by a doctor for mental health issues be why they moved his status to endangered? I think it’s possible, but more likely in my mind it was something like this:
* He left the RT, no cars were in the immediate area, a person convinced him to roll down window & then brandished a weapon & proceeded to try to take his car but Alan struggled & was killed right there. Carjacker can’t exactly push his body into the road & speed away when cars were probably starting to pass by so he jumped in car & left area w/Alan in car. (This could have all happened in seconds.) Drove to South Dallas & disposed of body, probably w/help (they really need to search that landfill and lake & any woods in that area!). Then hid car in a garage or whatever but then Alan’s case hit the news and he/they got scared & dumped car where it was found. Maybe hosed down seats where Alan would have been? Surely LE would have some evidence then. LE would have some video too I would think! But not enough to ID carjacker?*

All speculation, but it’s most logical to me at the moment. MOO
I sadly agree with your assessment. This is most likely very close to what happened. Agree landfill needs to be searched. I will again say I have 100% confidence this dumb Perp will be caught. The path from Alan's neighborhood to where the car was found would have multiple cameras along the way.

Increasing the reward after speaking to family might mean that they think someone knows something but has been hesitant about coming forward.
MOO
Yes, in this case I think the reward money would be a real motivator for the Perp's "friends" if I have my profile right.
Let's hope I'm right.

As far as the endangered status, I think that happened as a result of the car being found where it was, what might have been found in that car (evidence residue) and the fact Alan appears to be on all accounts a solid and stable citizen.

As far as the endangered status, I think that happened as a result of the car being found where it was, what might have been found in that car (evidence residue) and the fact Alan appears to be on all accounts a solid and stable.

Quote:
“A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.”

To me it seems the family might have uncovered some valuable info.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/

ETA: @rosesfromangels i meant to quote your comment. Not sure why it didn’t work.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Searching landfills is a massive and outrageously expensive undertaking. It isn't done without a strong reason to believe something will be found (MOO).

2. While it's always great to have new people participate in these threads, it benefits all of us to have new people read the threads from the beginning before commenting and asking questions. That way, we are all on the same page and don't waste our time going over things that have already been covered. This can only make us all more helpful to Alan. MOO.

As far as the endangered status, I think that happened as a result of the car being found where it was, what might have been found in that car (evidence residue) and the fact Alan appears to be on all accounts a solid and stable.

Quote:
“A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.”

To me it seems the family might have uncovered some valuable info.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/

ETA: @rosesfromangels i meant to quote your comment. Not sure why it didn’t work.
You might be right that the family uncovered something, but it could also be after LE talked to family they were confident that Alan wouldn’t have left on his own. It could have been character confirmation and that there was really nothing going on that would suggest he was suicidal or being targeted or unhappy etc. We only know that talking to family caused them to change his status to endangered.

Yes, in this case I think the reward money would be a real motivator for the Perp's "friends" if I have my profile right.
Let's hope I'm right.

As far as the endangered status, I think that happened as a result of the car being found where it was, what might have been found in that car (evidence residue) and the fact Alan appears to be on all accounts a solid and stable citizen.

The perp's friends? We don't even know yet if there is a perp, so I'm curious as to what you're referring to.

The perp's friends? We don't even know yet if there is a perp, so I'm curious as to what you're referring to.
Yes, you are right. We don't know if there is a Perp. I guess I was speaking my own thoughts, speculations, as I do believe there is. However, you are right! ; nothing in MSM has suggested that.

I wasn’t the one posting it—but IF Mr. White is missing as the result of a carjacking, which is one of the major lines of speculation, then there’s obviously a perp, and it’s quite plausible that a perp’s ‘friend’ might be tempted by a substantial reward.

Yes, you are right. We don't know if there is a Perp. I guess I was speaking my own thoughts, speculations, as I do believe there is. However, you are right! ; nothing in MSM has suggested that.

And you made it perfectly clear that it was your speculation. Quite frankly, as far as I can see, nothing in the MSM has suggested anything!

Thinking out loud... still with more questions than answers:

AW disappeared on 10/22. It rained hard during the first half of the day on 10/23. The car was found on the evening of 10/28. The doors were locked. The seats were wet. The car was "in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it."

Although neither the family nor LE have commented on whether the windows were up or down, why would somebody lock a car yet leave the windows down? I personally don't think the windows were down, but that's jmo. *

Could the condition of the seats on 10/28 tell us something about when the car was left in south Dallas? And just curious, but I wonder which seat(s) were wet?

Would the seats have STILL been wet on 10/28 if the reason they were wet was the heavy rain that occurred a full 5 days earlier on 10/23 (according to NWS data, DFW got .91 in of rain that day, mostly during the first half of the day), - or would the seats have dried by then?

The Macan's seats are either all leather, or leather on the sides with synthetic suede in the middle. Both materials tend to shed water. A seat's cushion (the spoungy interior) however, would readily absorb water. But it might take a lot of water..

If the seats were wet on 10/28 for some reason OTHER than the heavy rain that fell on 10/23, what more-recent event could have happened to cause the seats to be wet - and how recent do you think that event would have had to have been (again, so that the seats didn't dry). Washing? A day or two?

Re: washing. Why would somebody who didn't own the car and who wasn't planning to keep or sell the car, care about dirty seats or stains? I don't think criminals who are abandoning a car (if that's what happened) would care about stains unless they thought that later analysis of those stains might lead LE to 1.) know that a crime had been committed, and 2.) identify them. So, I guess that's a decent argument that it was perhaps a recent seat washing that caused the seats to be wet..

But idk... for some reason I'm still leaning toward the heavy rain on the 23rd being the reason the seats were wet (even though it happened 5 days earlier, and even though I can't explain how the seats were directly exposed to the rain). Call it a hunch.

And if the heavy rain which fell during the first half of 10/23 WAS the reason the seats were wet, this would mean that the car could not have been dropped off any earlier than the second half of 10/23. And if THAT is the case, it possibly narrows the window during which we don't know anything about the car's location: where was the car between when it was last seen at the RT at 6 am on 10/22 and when it was dropped off in south Dallas sometime the following afternoon/evening of 10/23 (speculation). This might similarly narrow down the CCTV window on any probable or suspected routes into and within south Dallas

Jmo

Eta - * does anybody know if the doors of a Macan will automatically lock if a person with the key fob in their pocket walks away from the vehicle (and, would this same action have any affect on the windows)?

I appreciate your thoughtful post on these details. Do we know if it was windy during the rain? Because if so, yes, I know from experience that rain can get inside a car (more than I thought possible, actually - my window was only partly down). How long it takes to dry here in California depends on where the car is. If it's shady and humid, well, it may take days and days to dry (and get all mildewed). My understanding is that Dallas is fairly humid compared to SoCal.

However, the view that maybe the car was washed (with the windows down) is an interesting one. It does sound like something a (dumb) criminal would do. Not sure it helps at all with DNA (I'd say that it does not but I don't know what soaps the carwash would use or how much DNA is at issue).

The attempt to hide the car is what makes me think there is a perp. The fact that a crime occurred at his usual gas station makes me think there's a criminal element in the area. Crime is on the rise during COVID, etc.

I can't think of a single reason why Alan himself would roll the windows down, hide the car and then lock and abandon it.

As to whether the Macan was self-locking, reading through a Porsche forum, I'd say no. It is designed to lock either with the fob OR with the touch of a finger on an indentation on the handle. Many report inadvertently locking it and say that the mechanism is so sensitive that the doors will keep locking/unlocking in a car wash (nothing about windows though). The fob apparently has to be nearby for this to happen.

However, it's clear that it could have been locked on purpose (or not) by anyone in possession of the fob, just by touching the outside of the handle.

I can't remember now if the keys were still in the car...

And you made it perfectly clear that it was your speculation. Quite frankly, as far as I can see, nothing in the MSM has suggested anything!
Yes, not a lot of information. I can't even imagine the anxiety and frustration the family is feeling. Let's pray for a breakthrough!

There’s a case I have followed of a young man (Juan Carlos Hernandez) in CA in the Los Angeles area who disappeared while on his drive home from work one night, after 10 pm. There are some similarities to Alan’s, which is why I’m posting about it.

This son texted his mom he would be home soon, but his mom discovered early the following morning that he never did make it home.

Two days later, his car was found maybe a couple of miles from the workplace, with the engine idling but otherwise intact. But no sign of the young man.

Well, it took about two months but LE with help from the FBI found his body in a shallow grave near Barstow, CA, a town in the Mojave Desert. Arrests have been made for his murder, but motive is still unknown, or at least not disclosed.

Found Deceased - CA - Juan Carlos "Cookie" Hernandez, 21, Los Angeles, 22 Sept 2020 *arrest*

So, both Alan and this young man were on their way home, and had people at home expecting them. Both had their cars located soon after, but not the person. Both Alan and Juan seem like upstanding individuals, which makes the disappearances very concerning. Juan was found murdered, for reasons that have not yet come to light. I hope for a different outcome for Alan, but it is very worrisome.

There has been no report of the keys being in the car or that the windows or sunroof were down. We only know that it was locked (per Tim Whites wfaa interview

'Someone out there knows something': Family pushes to find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

and the seats were wet per the verified family member.

That suggests to me that, if there is a criminal involved (and I believe there is), that person may have thought they could return and drive the car some more. I am of course picturing a less-than-genius perp, who is very likely young. I also wonder if a secondary reason for this crime (speculation only of course) is that they wanted Alan to use his ATM card. I surely do hope all ATM cameras from the general area have been scrutinized (or at least the banks asked to scrutinize them). Even if no transaction showed up (because Alan refused to cooperate), it would be worth a try.

All the scenarios that come to my mind are dark. This case makes me really angry.

I am of course picturing a less-than-genius perp, who is very likely young.......
All the scenarios that come to my mind are dark. This case makes me really angry.
Respectfully BBM, snipped and extracted sections for commentary response.
OntarioMom pointed out that LE or MSM hasn't made any mention of a Perp, so we don't know if there is a Perp.
If it turns out there is, I align with your speculation on intelligence (or lack thereof) and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member