Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very surprised that this car theft ring would carjack rather than steal vehicles while they’re parked to avoid witnesses/liabilities like kidnapping.
That’s a good point. Maybe Alan did stop somewhere else and saw the car being stolen and tried to stop it? But then you would think if they killed him outside of the car they would have just driven off and not taken him with them.

Could it be possible the person who killed him took the car to this vacant lot in Oak Cliff just to make it APPEAR like it was a carjacking? I know people have been speculating this all along, but then how would anyone know about this hidden place specific to car parts etc?

I’m very surprised that this car theft ring would carjack rather than steal vehicles while they’re parked to avoid witnesses/liabilities like kidnapping.
It does seem like an unnecessary risk, but we're not criminals. I'm still not sold on a random carjacking, primarily because I see Alan on his cell phone, then the trip inside the store for no seeming reason. It feels like he was communicating with someone that morning.

The car could have been left in that location by someone hoping it would be stripped or taken. Someone who lives in the area and knows what goes on in that vacant lot.

Noting Detective Barnes said nothing about Alan's cell phone, pings, records, or video surveillance from anything other than the gym and gas station.

My hunch from the beginning is that someone slipped inside his back seat either during the night, while at the gym, or at the gas station. Car thiefs know how to bypass electronic entry and get into cars or have electronic “copy” fobs to do so. One can speculate if the thief chose this car because it was left unlocked as well. Once inside the car with Alan, it would be easy to force him to drive to remote location, and possibly dispose of his body in a local dumpster, never to be found. Just my two cents.

My hunch from the beginning is that someone slipped inside his back seat either during the night, while at the gym, or at the gas station. Car thiefs know how to bypass electronic entry and get into cars or have electronic “copy” fobs to do so. One can speculate if the thief chose this car because it was left unlocked as well. Once inside the car with Alan, it would be easy to force him to drive to remote location, and possibly dispose of his body in a local dumpster, never to be found. Just my two cents.

“He pumps gas into his vehicle, he goes in the store, after exiting the store, he gets in his vehicle and he drives off the parking lot. At that point, there's no one in the vehicle with him,” Det. Barnes explained. “The pressing thing is we want is to get Mr. White home safely to his family.
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

The car was in full view of the cameras both at the gym and RaceTrac. Prior to leaving the gym, he opens the back door and puts something on the seat. If someone were back there, he would have seen them. So that leaves the gas station, again full view of the cameras so doubtful anyone slipped in and it wasn't captured.

Interesting language from Det. Barnes though when he says, "at that point".

“He pumps gas into his vehicle, he goes in the store, after exiting the store, he gets in his vehicle and he drives off the parking lot. At that point, there's no one in the vehicle with him,” Det. Barnes explained. “The pressing thing is we want is to get Mr. White home safely to his family.
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

The car was in full view of the cameras both at the gym and RaceTrac. Prior to leaving the gym, he opens the back door and puts something on the seat. If someone were back there, he would have seen them. So that leaves the gas station, again full view of the cameras so doubtful anyone slipped in and it wasn't captured.

Interesting language from Det. Barnes though when he says, "at that point".
Agree... I read it that way too.

I also think it’s interesting the language “get Mr. White home safely to his family”.

I am starting to wonder if this was a ransom, or hostage, or similar situation. Maybe that’s the reason for the strange language in the interviews. Explains Rusty being worried so fast, explains his mom saying “just give him back to us”.

Or... maybe they just want the perp to think they got away with something and there is no evidence.

Today's anti-theft technology on new vehicle smakes it harder to steal a sitting car (but certainly not impossible).
That's why carjacking has surged. (Consider this opinion as I read it a few years ago and can't track down the source, sorry).

Today's anti-theft technology on new vehicle smakes it harder to steal a sitting car (but certainly not impossible).
That's why carjacking has surged. (Consider this opinion as I read it a few years ago and can't track down the source, sorry).
You inspired me to google this and there are certainly articles that make the point that while anti-theft technology led to a decrease in auto theft overall but increase in car jackings. But the most striking theme I found was the increase in carjackings during the pandemic. Here is one of many articles on that issue:
Why carjackings have skyrocketed in parts of the country during the pandemic
I also found notable in this article that the Minneapolis Police Chief said "80% of our carjackings and robberies are being done by juveniles, ages from 9 up to 17."

some of the other reasons cited for the increase in car jackings specifically during the pandemic:
- masks make it easy to do and get away with it
- kids out of school
- juvenile offenders are in some cases not being put in juvenile detention due to Covid (even repeat offenders)
- bragging thing and social media shares

I also thought this quote from DC police chief seemed potentially relevant to this case:

“They’re targeting the cars, not the people,” said Commander Morgan Kane of Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department, which uses social media and video footage to try to track down carjacking suspects.

That’s one thing that always struck me. That car was an obvious target. Whereas Alan is a big fit guy and not the easiest target (though in his shorts and tank top I suppose there was some vulnerability).

I found it notable that Det. Barnes noted that the field was known to PD and ALSO to the “Highland Hills area”. Any Dallas locals care to weigh in on the area? Was this a shout out to the neighborhood of the kid that likely dumped the car there in case anyone saw him riding it around in the neighborhood before dumping it? I’m assuming a 50ish white guy in a Porsche would stand out in the neighborhood?

Not so unusual really, considering there are other children's toys scattered around the yard.

jmo
Lol anytime I see an old timey (usually naked) doll out of place somewhere I find it creepy. One time I was hiking and passed a creek. What was floating in the creek but an antique doll head! In the remote mountain wilderness. Yikes.

I am feeling like the fact that the car was found possibly stripped in a hidden, vacant field in South Dallas, known to DPD, strewn with tires and car parts is pointing more to a carjacking than a targeted crime. Wonder why they won’t publicly say it was stripped?

I also did some googling about carjackings and was as amazed as @MoeInVA at the increase during pandemic. Dallas can be a dangerous city and the area in which he was last seen can be dangerous for sure. Given the recent carjackings and robberies in the general area, I’m definitely leaning toward a random crime for the car and he was in the way.

I am feeling like the fact that the car was found possibly stripped in a hidden, vacant field in South Dallas, known to DPD, strewn with tires and car parts is pointing more to a carjacking than a targeted crime. Wonder why they won’t publicly say it was stripped?

I also did some googling about carjackings and was as amazed as @MoeInVA at the increase during pandemic. Dallas can be a dangerous city and the area in which he was last seen can be dangerous for sure. Given the recent carjackings and robberies in the general area, I’m definitely leaning toward a random crime for the car and he was in the way.

Seeing this location, it honestly makes me wonder if AW isn't in the same general location, somewhere off Kitty Street.

Agree... I read it that way too.

I also think it’s interesting the language “get Mr. White home safely to his family”.

I am starting to wonder if this was a ransom, or hostage, or similar situation. Maybe that’s the reason for the strange language in the interviews. Explains Rusty being worried so fast, explains his mom saying “just give him back to us”.

Or... maybe they just want the perp to think they got away with something and there is no evidence.
Agree, there is something more to this story than we are being told. Coming out and sharing the location and emphasizing the reward at this point is strategic. Hoping some of the other media outlets pick up the story or Barnes does more interviews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95