Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 4 News
In this week’s Trackdown, police are not searching for a murder suspect, but for a missing man.

FOX4NEWS.COM
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Click on picture, there is video of the interview up now. It sure is a lot clearer than the recording we've seen previously. Also shows Det. Barnes at the location car was found.

@diggingdeeperstill- Barnes does not say the car was locked. He says "the keys were in it".

Last edited:
Totally. But no searches around there that we’re aware of, right? Or were there some initial ones right after they found the car? I can’t remember.
I do not recall anything being reported to the public surrounding what LE did or did not do. VI for AW said in #1 here the loaner was found in a remote, secluded location miles away from the last known location the RT station.

FOX 4 News
In this week’s Trackdown, police are not searching for a murder suspect, but for a missing man.

FOX4NEWS.COM

Click on picture, there is video of the interview up now. It sure is a lot clearer than the recording we've seen previously. Also shows Det. Barnes at the location car was found.

@diggingdeeperstill- Barnes does not say the car was locked. He says "the keys were in it".
Some interesting things in the video.....

When he walks in, it appears that the door was closing just before he comes up to it and opens it, someone had just walked out (or in).

Blue 4 dr with passenger getting gas.

What appears to be a nice convertible with top down at the donut shop across the street in the background.

A white van pointed at the gas station from across the street (maybe the same van that can be seen in the Jan 2020 google Streetview - so likely not suspicious)

A white truck parked facing away from station.

A gold sedan (maybe mercedes) with a visible plate was parked in the space in front of the gas station door.

And a lot of traffic on Inwood, more than I would have imagined for that time of day.

I don't guess I'm understanding your question. Scent dogs would not have had a trail from the RT due to AW leaving in the Porsche. I wouldn't think there would have been any detectable scent for tracking dogs to follow once the loaner was found and positively ID'd to be the missing man's vehicle, what was it again? 5 days later? Remember Texas experienced heavy rainfall in the days before, during & after the Wishing/Seeking to Locate DPD report was made and released to the MSM's. Would there be any scent for the dogs to follow in your opinions?

Just hoping, I guess :(

Some interesting things in the video.....

When he walks in, it appears that the door was closing just before he comes up to it and opens it, someone had just walked out (or in).

Blue 4 dr with passenger getting gas.

What appears to be a nice convertible with top down at the donut shop across the street in the background.

A white van pointed at the gas station from across the street (maybe the same van that can be seen in the Jan 2020 google Streetview - so likely not suspicious)

A white truck parked facing away from station.

A gold sedan (maybe mercedes) with a visible plate was parked in the space in front of the gas station door.

And a lot of traffic on Inwood, more than I would have imagined for that time of day.
One more slightly odd thing in the video. At first, he is out of his vehicle at the rear pump (farther back from the painted red stripe on the ground), later he is out of his vehicle again, but at the front pump (close to the red stripe). It appears he was pumping at the back pump. Any ideas on why that would happen - pull forward and then get out again?

One more slightly odd thing in the video. At first, he is out of his vehicle at the rear pump (farther back from the painted red stripe on the ground), later he is out of his vehicle again, but at the front pump (close to the red stripe). It appears he was pumping at the back pump. Any ideas on why that would happen - pull forward and then get out again?
Yes! How strange. Definitely moved the car forward. Haven't seen any video of that movement, but maybe that's why he went into the store (because there was a problem with the first pump). IMO, while it doesn't "answer" why he went into the store, putting changing pumps together with going into the store makes more sense.

Yes! How strange. Definitely moved the car forward. Haven't seen any video of that movement, but maybe that's why he went into the store (because there was a problem with the first pump). IMO, while it doesn't "answer" why he went into the store, putting changing pumps together with going into the store makes more sense.
Yes, that would explain why there was no purchase transaction inside and only 15 seconds in the gas station. He tried one pump, didn't work, locked car, went in for 15 seconds to say pump #x doesn't work, moved to the next one, then left.

Maybe that's the explanation for going in the store? The pump wasn't working, so they tell him to pull forward and use another pump?

Thank you! This has happened to me and would give the reason for going inside—problem w/the first pump.

With Det Barnes stating that no "visible" evidence was found in/on the vehicle, would that lead us to believe there is forensic evidence? If so, I assume this evidence doesn't lead directly to someone with dna/prints on file. Or maybe it leads to someone but since it is a rental vehicle (with lots of possible dna/prints inside) more evidence is needed (eyewitness) to file any charges??

I can't decide if I'm thinking too much or too little!

Totally. But no searches around there that we’re aware of, right? Or were there some initial ones right after they found the car? I can’t remember.

I don't recall ever reading anything about searches at all.
Other than AW's husband, looking for him that first morning he went missing.
Have there actually been any searches publicized?

“police are not searching for a murder suspect, but for a missing man.”

Hmmmmm...
I inferred the comment about not searching for a murder was referring to that Trackdown usually is a segment where they look for killers. He was just signaling that Alan’s case was a departure from the news segment’s usual pattern of tracking down murderers. I checked and that appears to be all that was (all other cases are finding killers): Trackdown moo

I'm going to make a guess that the contents inside AW's COACH sling were left discarded with the SUV & anyone with info on pawning, selling on fb or streets asked to report the tip. Explains why each updated missing poster the sling is described with color image of one. More likely to generate info other than his vehicle. MOO

I'm going to make a guess that the contents inside AW's COACH sling were left discarded with the SUV & anyone with info on pawning, selling on fb or streets asked to report the tip. Explains why each updated missing poster the sling is described with color image of one. More likely to generate info other than his vehicle. MOO
Or if it wasn't found in the car - someone took it or discarded along the way. Good thinking!

I inferred the comment about not searching for a murder was referring to that Trackdown usually is a segment where they look for killers. He was just signaling that Alan’s case was a departure from the news segment’s usual pattern of tracking down murderers. I checked and that appears to be all that was (all other cases are finding killers): Trackdown moo

Gotcha, thanks! I was not aware of that!

Family pleads with community to help find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com (video at link)

Alan's brother Tim, from the video:
"Only thing we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked. That's it."
FOX 4 News

FOX4NEWS.COM

correct... but Tim said locked and fine condition.
See the quote above by @rainynights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member