Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we think he had a 7am work call that morning? Did he tell someone? Was it noted on a calendar or to do list?

In my experience, work calls get rescheduled or cancelled. It’s possible that there was no work call that AW needed to get back for by 7am.

I still have no solid theories but I’m trying to review some items that are taken as certainties.

RBBM. The only source for the 7:00 am (once or twice reported as 7:30 am) call that I’ve seen in MSM is Rusty (or family members referencing Rusty). Although he and Alan are partners, that does not mean Rusty would have access to Alan’s calendar if, for instance, there were last-minute scheduling changes.

Hopefully LE confirmed the call, since the entire timeline on the morning that Alan disappeared hinges on that call.

From the very first post in AW's case:

"Friends say that is the last time anyone saw or heard from him. “And he was expected on a work call at 7 or 7:30 Thursday morning, so when he did not show up for that everybody instantly assumed that something had gone wrong,” friend Matt Davies said." 'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

If the call was re-scheduled, no one would have any reason to assume anything was wrong since he wouldn't have been expected anyway.

Alan’s husband told friends and family that he (not “everybody,” as quoted in the article) started panicking at 6:15 am when Alan hadn’t returned home yet because he had the 7:00 am call. The friend is repeating what he has been told about the timeline, since he isn’t claiming any knowledge outside of what he’s been told.

I think the person upthread was mentioning that conference calls often get rescheduled, and no one but Alan (or perhaps an assistant who had access to email and schedule, though no one has been mentioned as having this access) would know that it was rescheduled.

Alan’s husband told friends and family that he (not “everybody,” as quoted in the article) started panicking at 6:15 am when Alan hadn’t returned home yet because he had the 7:00 am call. The friend is repeating what he has been told about the timeline, since he isn’t claiming any knowledge outside of what he’s been told.

I think the person upthread was mentioning that conference calls often get rescheduled, and no one but Alan (or perhaps an assistant who had access to email and schedule, though no one has been mentioned as having this access) would know that it was rescheduled.

I'm going to assume LE have already confirmed who this 7am call was supposed to have been with. I'm also going to assume LE have spoken to the people that were supposed to either be in on that call, or know if the call had previously been rescheduled.
Going back to the OP's original question,
"Why do we think he had a 7am work call that morning?"
the 7am call was mentioned in the very first MSM posted here.
Regardless of where the info came from, LE was made aware of it from the beginning.

I'm going to assume LE have already confirmed who this 7am call was supposed to have been with. I'm also going to assume LE have spoken to the people that were supposed to either be in on that call, or know if the call had previously been rescheduled.

Certainly those are all rational assumptions. I haven’t seen them confirmed in MSM. One could speculate that LE upgraded the case to “endangered” upon confirmation of the call having occurred as scheduled (and other info).

Going back to the OP's original question,
"Why do we think he had a 7am work call that morning?"
the 7am call was mentioned in the very first MSM posted here.
Regardless of where the info came from, LE was made aware of it from the beginning.

The complete quote is:
Why do we think he had a 7am work call that morning? Did he tell someone? Was it noted on a calendar or to do list?

In my experience, work calls get rescheduled or cancelled. It’s possible that there was no work call that AW needed to get back for by 7am.

I still have no solid theories but I’m trying to review some items that are taken as certainties.

I interpreted the bolded questions, perhaps incorrectly, as inquiring who brought that information forward to MSM and LE — not whether LE was made aware of the call. Clearly, LE was aware of the scheduled call from the time the missing persons report was made. Since the call has been reported in MSM and is essential to the timeline the morning of Alan’s disappearance, confirming the source of the call information — as reported by MSM — seems reasonable (long-winded explanation below).

As the original poster goes on to speculate, based on her experience (which is similar to mine) calls are frequently rescheduled, sometimes shortly before the call is scheduled to occur. If that were the case here, it’s possible that Alan received a phone schedule notification — perhaps while at the gas station, causing him to pay close attention to his phone, as we see him do on the released video — but neither his husband nor his houseguest would receive that notification. IMO, I adhere to the work schedule on my phone (or laptop) and get both schedule requests and schedule changes via phone notifications. I suspect that someone as meticulous about work as Alan is reported to be would also receive mobile notifications about business-related meetings. MOO.

The reason this matters is that it may have created a situation wherein Alan knows he is no longer required to be at his home office well in advance of the 7 am call, since it was rescheduled / cancelled/ postponed. Thus, he may choose to accomplish an additional errand or add a stop that he had not planned to do/make that morning, but now has time to do since the call time has been changed. However, his husband might not be aware that Alan’s schedule has changed, since Rusty would not receive a mobile notification, and thus expects Alan home promptly:
Search for missing Dallas businessman upgraded to ‘Endangered Missing Person’
“NBC News” said:
Rusty told KXAS-TV that Alan had a work call at 7 a.m., so when he didn’t return home for it, Rusty began to panic.

“I got home at 6:15. He wasn’t home, so I didn’t think much about it; 6:30 rolls around, I start to get a little worried; 6:45 rolls around, and I start to get a little panicky because I knew he had a 7 o’clock conference call that he had to be home for,” Rusty explained. “When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look.”

According to this article and other MSM reports, Rusty then tries to retrace Alan’s likely path to the gym and back to locate him, to no avail.

If something like this scenario occurred, something still happened and Alan is still missing. But whatever happened may have happened somewhere other than the short trip between the gas station and Alan’s home, and it may have happened later than the short timeframe we currently have.

This is SPECULATION ONLY, but it would fit with what has been reported in MSM. It also means that the schedule information that Rusty has been quoted about in MSM and, as far as we know, told LE, is accurate and precise — as far as HE knew.

A question would be “why didn’t Alan convey the schedule change to Rusty?” Maybe he was planning to do so, then whatever happened, happened.

Since I speculated earlier that LE may have upgraded Alan’s case to “endangered” once the call was confirmed (along with other information), I should also note that the same could have occurred if LE confirmed the call had been rescheduled (along with other information). The fact is, LE hasn’t released a detailed explanation as to why they changed the status, and I don’t expect them to do so for an active investigation.

JMO.

I read that he was very punctual and time orientated. His life was reported to be very structured and this is why is was unusual for him not to be home on time. He also had plans with the niece, who was staying with them, for later that day. He was bringing her to see venues for her wedding.

I think the seats were wet because someone did a very thorough cleaning to remove evidence.
Yup. However, unless they are experts, there would be residue that luminal could detect. I am guessing that has transpired, and likely has precipitated various decisions that have been made recently. This is a heartbreaking case.
But of course, most of them are.

Amateur opinion and speculation

In my area, a stolen $60,000-110,000 Porsche would have been quickly sold or stripped, yet this one was found in "fine" condition and left in an area known for stolen cars. That's just bizarre. It's like someone wanted this Porsche to be stolen, but couldn't personally get involved with the dirty deed.

In my area, criminals who carjack or steal unoccupied cars just for transportation usually set them on fire to hide their DNA instead of trying to wash the seats. What kind of criminal takes the time to wash car seats instead of setting it on fire?

Last edited:
In my area, a stolen $70,000-110,000 Porsche would have been quickly sold or stripped, yet this one was found in "fine" condition and left in an area known for stolen cars. That's just bizarre. It's like someone wanted this Porsche to be stolen, but couldn't personally get involved with the dirty deed.

In my area, criminals who carjack or steal unoccupied cars just for transportation usually set them on fire to hide their DNA instead of trying to wash the seats. What kind of criminal takes the time to wash car seats instead of setting it on fire?

Were the seats washed, or was it just that the sunroof was left open?

The drive-by shooting areas of my city frequently have a smoldering stolen car. Since this Porsche was left in an economically-challenged community, I'll assume the citizens in that area are also used to seeing smoldering cars. The criminal who dumped that Porsche could have set it on fire and destroyed all his or her DNA and no one would have called the police. But he or she didn't. That's bizarre. I'm wondering if this criminal has a severe knowledge deficit on economically-challenged areas and crimes.

Last edited:
Unknown. I'd assume the police announced that the seats were wet to have more meaning than the sunroof or windows were left open.
The police did not announce the seats were wet, Alan's niece told us that. We do not know if the car has a moon/sun-roof, or if the windows were down, or if the seats were washed. Truth is- we know next to nothing about the condition of the car, whether searches for Alan have occurred, or if there are any suspects/POI's in this case. The location of where the car was found was the last significant fact we've learned.

Bringing forward @thelastunicorn 's post for reference-

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

thelastunicorn, Nov 14, 2020Report
#738Unlike

The drive-by shooting areas of my city frequently have a smoldering stolen car. Since this Porsche was left in an economically-challenged community, I'll assume the citizens in that area are also used to seeing smoldering cars. The criminal who dumped that Porsche could have set it on fire and destroyed all his or her DNA and no one would have called the police. But he or she didn't. That's bizarre. I'm wondering if this criminal has a severe knowledge deficit on economically-challenged areas and crimes.
Carjacked cars are often left tucked away somewhere for a few days to see if anyone shows up to retrieve the vehicle due to a hidden, more sophisticated GPS. Although we believe (?) there was no GPS on this vehicle...there must have been. How else would this car have been found in that remote area, tucked away as it was? I'm hoping LE knows more about the movements of the vehicle than we do.

Are we allowed to post the address of Alan, the victim? He lived in a very expensive area. There must have been security cameras on every house for blocks and the gas station was only 12 blocks away (1 mile).

Carjacked cars are often left tucked away somewhere for a few days to see if anyone shows up to retrieve the vehicle due to a hidden, more sophisticated GPS. Although we believe (?) there was no GPS on this vehicle...there must have been. How else would this car have been found in that remote area, tucked away as it was? I'm hoping LE knows more about the movements of the vehicle than we do.

I have a German-made car. It was test driven by people and sat on the lot for months before being purchased. It's gps tracking system was activated upon my purchase. The salesperson entered the VIN number, purchase price, dealership info, my email and my password into BMW's computer system. If the dealership didn't initiate the gps tracker on this loaner vehicle, it didn't have a functioning tracker. Mine didn't until after it was purchased.

I have a German-made car. It was test driven by people and sat on the lot for months before being purchased. It's gps tracking system was activated upon my purchase. The salesperson entered the VIN number, purchase price, dealership info, my email and my password into BMW's computer system. If the dealership didn't initiate the gps tracker on this loaner vehicle, it didn't have a functioning tracker. Mine didn't until after it was purchased.
Interesting, but given the detailed description you provided....I get it.
Sounds like a "system limitation", as you would think the dealership could reduce their insurance overhead by having active GPS on those loaner cars?
None the less, thank you for the info; very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member