Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not it being different from RJ's gym - it's that there are closer LA Fitness locations to his residence, including one less than a mile away.

LA Fitness is also not 24 hour. It looks like normal hours of the Haskell one is 5 am to 10 pm, with slightly shorter hours on the weekends.

(from my experience that happens if the gym is in a business park that gets little traffic on weekends, but there's a Target and a few restaurants nearby, so that's not it).
But only 1.3 miles form his office. I used to travel into the city to a dodgy area early so I could go to the gym and straight to the office. Gym, shower, office and miss the traffic. It’s logical.

can you go to any la Fitness if you are a member in one?

But only 1.3 miles form his office. I used to travel into the city to a dodgy area early so I could go to the gym and straight to the office. Gym, shower, office and miss the traffic. It’s logical.

can you go to any la Fitness if you are a member in one?

Right. I think this is the first connection that the Haskell location is close to his normal office. Other users have suggested it could just be part of AW's routine, or that he liked the classes, instructor(s), and/or other members at the Haskell L.A Fitness. I agree there are a number of reasons that would explain him going to that location.

As for membership, I don't know offhand. The website advertises "state-of-the-art exercise equipment at 600+ clubs across the US and Canada 7 days a week," suggesting that one could visit any club. But LA Fitness does franchise out (it's not entirely corporate run) and rules may differ from state to state (the site also notes that TN, Signature Clubs, and clubs in Canada have different pricing).

Going out of the way to visit one's favourite gym isn't all that uncommon. I do the exact same thing: There's a gym of the same brand closer to home, but I just like the other one better (the crowd, the amenities, the machines, familiar faces, etc.).

Lord knows how long he's been going to this gym already – perhaps he used to live/work nearby this one, and he just stuck with it. As I said, this is very common practice among gym-goers :)

Another thought (and it deserves its own, separate reply): The term "endangered person", something I wasn't familiar with in this context on this side of the pond, may meet one or more of the following criteria:
  1. Due to age, may be unable to properly safeguard or care for themselves;
  2. Where there is an indication of foul play or any circumstances which lead a reasonable person to believe there is a danger if the missing person is not located immediately (i.e. harsh weather, life-sustaining medication);
  3. The person suffers from a diminished mental capacity or condition that if left untreated could pose a danger;
  4. The person is a patient of a mental institution and is considered potentially dangerous to themselves or others;
  5. The person has demonstrated the potential for suicide.
Source: https://uwpd.wisc.edu/content/uploads/2020/10/42.5-Missing-Person-Investigations-01.15.pdf

Now, I think many of us assume that "endangered" points to an external threat, but the way I read the aforementioned criteria, the police may be worried about his personal wellbeing/health.

Think along the lines of "he didn't take his medication, and therefore…" or "he has Diabetes and needs to reevaluate his glucose levels every X hours".

My examples are just gibberish, of course, but I am wondering if we should widen our scope around that "endangered person" definition.

— Added later:

A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search [to "endangered person" - Dutcher] for him.

As per New York Post —>

Last edited:
I rechecked and some not-so-reliable sites show their house was put on the market Dec 16, 2020. It doesn't show up on zillow, realtor.com or Coldwell Banker as being currently for sale.

That's an excellent observation, Mcclaramc1, that Alan backs cars into parking spaces and the abandoned Porsche was also backed into the bushes.

Welcome to Websleuthds, Mcclaramc1.

Last edited:
Where did the info about the abandoned Porsche being backed in when abandoned come from? I don't need anyone to dig up a link, just where it came from (ie. interview with brother, press release from LE). Also, he stayed in the Church Chicken parking lot? I hadn't heard that?

I agree @rosesfromangels -- that was a very good observation @Gunslinging Granny

Without generalising too much, I find it unfathomable that your typical criminal would be sophisticated enough to carefully back that loaned car into a secluded area.

That said, with the mud on the tires (it was raining the day after), and the extremely narrow time window between 6:00 (gas station) and 7:00 (call at home), I find it improbable Alan would have driven the car on that day.

(I am rambling at this point..)

Whoever left the car there knows what he/they were doing. You don't just stumble upon this little plot of land. The fact that it wasn't set ablaze makes me wonder whether the driver wanted to return to this car at some point?

Hoping a fellow criminal was going to take the car off your hands would be pushing your luck, no?

Whoever left the car there knows what he/they were doing. You don't just stumble upon this little plot of land. The fact that it wasn't set ablaze makes me wonder whether the driver wanted to return to this car at some point?

RSBM

I couldn't agree more.
That property is known to whoever parked that loaner there.
Awareness space.

jmo

Discrepancies
  • Why did he drive into church chicken and stop for 1 minute before driving into inwood/ hai route home.
  • Why was his car not seen on the cvs camera just 4 blocks away and on his route home. What happened in those 4 blocks?
Position of car:

from the car park video at the gym you can see Randy reverses cars into parking spots but why was the Porsche reversed into the shrubs where it was found. Wonder if the seat was in its usual location? If you’re dumping a car in an abandoned lot you don’t reverse it into place, do you?

He is on my mind every day and really hope he shows up soon.

Can you tell me, just generally, where this information is from? I must have missed it earlier.

Many cars involved in crimes get torched to remove DNA. Why wasn't this criminal worried about his DNA? The seats were wet. Did he power wash the inside? I can't imagine that the dashboard electronics would function after that.

Last edited:
I agree @rosesfromangels -- that was a very good observation @Gunslinging Granny

Without generalising too much, I find it unfathomable that your typical criminal would be sophisticated enough to carefully back that loaned car into a secluded area.

That said, with the mud on the tires (it was raining the day after), and the extremely narrow time window between 6:00 (gas station) and 7:00 (call at home), I find it improbable Alan would have driven the car on that day.

(I am rambling at this point..)

Hoping a fellow criminal was going to take the car off your hands would be pushing your luck, no?
I posted somewhere upthread that many of the higher end brands (such as Porche) are destined to be shipped overseas for sale. Thieves will leave them tucked away for a few days to see if they are recovered due to a GPS device that wasn't obvious.

The fact it was backed in is still blowing my mind. Really need to think more about this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Many cars involved in crimes get torched to remove DNA. Why wasn't this criminal worried about his DNA? The seats were wet. Did he pull the Porsche into his garage, take out the seats (4 bolts) and power wash them?
Look at a map of that area. There are auto salvage places all around. Plenty of places to wash down/clean up a car.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can't find an article stating that the Porsche was found backed into the bushes. All articles I reviewed just state that the loaner car was located between two sections of bushes.

Unless someone DOES find an trustworthy article saying that it was backed in, I think the idea comes from a photo of a Porsche at a car lot, used for an illustration, and not claimed to be the car in question when it was found abandoned.

If my working professional, semi-OCD spouse was 45 minutes late and had a zoom call in 15 minutes, I'd assume the zoom call was cancelled or there was a technical mixup. No panicking. I'd then assume his phone ringer was accidentally turned off or lost charge and he was late because he was wandering around the grocery store, Home Depot, or Bob Evans restaurant. I'd probably start calling his friends, coworkers and family in about four-five hours. I could safely assume he was safe because my spouse doesn't have any risky behaviors or health issues.
I, therefore, think it's telling that Rusty panicked within 45 minutes of no contact with Alan.

Police can get Alan's phone and texting records with a subpoena. Without Alan's phone is there any way police can find what popular apps Alan might have been using?

Every speculation is worth as much as the next, but I can't imagine someone would go through all the trouble of hosing down the seats — that's a lot of work, and you never know whether you missed something or not.

Setting a car on fire will take care of that, and it's quick and dirty.
It brings me back to my earlier post: It's all just a tad too sophisticated…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste