Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that. Though I don't think it is probable that a car jacking or other impulsive crime occurring at the gas station would have been seen by witnesses or caught on CCTV.

But, in continuance of your line of thought:

- Car jacking gang notices Porsche at gym. But... there are too many security cameras, parking lot is very well lit, saw police or private security nearby, or..... gang is simply not prepared or do not have their nerve up.

- Gang then follows Alan. Alan goes to the gas station for any number of mudane reasons: likes the employees, coffee is better, just wants to think or do nothing before the zoom meeting etc.

- Car jackers follow him from the gas station (too many people and CCTVs). Now, they have their nerve up and are "prepared".

- Car jackers stop Alan by the bump technique. Things then go bad: Senior car jacker impulsively orders a kidnapping in addition to the car jacking, or excited car jackers give Alan contradictory orders causing him to freeze etc.

Car jackers then leave with Alan and things go from bad to worse.... .

If this were the case that could possibly explain his less than direct route towards home that took him by the Racetrack.

Perhaps he saw something that led him to believe that somebody might be following him and that led him to take a different route to confirm he was, indeed, being followed. If the hypothetical car jackers were, in fact, a gang and were traveling in multiple vehicles in contact with each other, they might have guessed, at some point, that Alan suspected he was being followed and thus the vehicle following went off in a different direction and another vehicle met up with where Alan was traveling and took things from there being more careful not to be spotted. Perhaps by the time Alan had reached the Racetrack he either felt that he had lost the people following or had concluded that he had perhaps jumped to a conclusion and had not been followed after all.

<modsnip>

All that having been said - let's not forget what Alan's family member posted:

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan appears to be fiddling with his phone at the gas station. He puts on a mask, walks through the store and out again, why do that? Checking to see if someone was inside? What if Alan was supposed to meet someone there and that person didn't show up? He leaves and on the way home receives a text, meets someone off one of those side streets? The phone records are key, hopefully he only had a single cell phone.

Alan appears to be fiddling with his phone at the gas station. He puts on a mask, walks through the store and out again, why do that? Checking to see if someone was inside? What if Alan was supposed to meet someone there and that person didn't show up? He leaves and on the way home receives a text, meets someone off one of those side streets? The phone records are key, hopefully he only had a single cell phone.
I'm thinking that police have Alan's phone records and know his last call or text and have talked to that person.

It seems to me that, if this crime were not planned, all signs point to that last person. That would be the reason that Alan is hidden. Then, the person can say that Alan never met him as planned. I hope that police have looked at this last person's phone, too.

Of course, this is all my speculation.

I'm thinking that police have Alan's phone records and know his last call or text and have talked to that person.

It seems to me that, if this crime were not planned, all signs point to that last person. That would be the reason that Alan is hidden. Then, the person can say that Alan never met him as planned. I hope that police have looked at this last person's phone, too.

Of course, this is all my speculation.
Good thoughts, you're absolutely correct. One thing though and I'm not sure it 100% applies here- but in the Suzanne Morphew case, CCSO is asking people who communicated with Suzanne to come forward.

In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation. Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble. To those who may be fearful to come forward, they can reach out anonymously. Once investigators know your concerns, they can address them.

Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line, regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.
Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

So it crosses my mind, that even if DPD has Alan's cell phone and other electronic device records. There are ways to communicate through certain apps which might not be so easily traced?

...it crosses my mind, that even if DPD has Alan's cell phone and other electronic devic

e records. There are ways to communicate through certain apps which might not be so easily traced?
I sure hope that someone called or texted him, and it was from a regular cell phone and not a burner phone or through an app.

I have no idea how these apps work on one's phone or if there is a way for LE to even figure it out since I'm assuming they are using phone records and don't have his actual phone.

Didn't Chris Watts have an app that looked like a calculator where he hid all of his paramour's photos and texts, etc.?

Didn't Chris Watts have an app that looked like a calculator where he hid all of his paramour's photos and texts, etc.?

Not specifically familiar with Chris Watts case, but there are a few of those "secret stash" apps that look like something innocuous but can hide things.

Apps that use data, like Hangouts/Google Voice, WhatsApp, WeChat, and KiK do not register as phone calls or texts. In this case, I speculate that Rusty was receiving texts directly so he knows when the last known contact was.

I'm admittedly not knowledgeable on this kind of stuff, but it appears there are ways to communicate without things showing up on a cell phone bill. But does it show up on your data plan and is recorded by your provider? The only reason I'm going down this road - I'm sure Alan's cell records have been available to LE for some time now. If there were solid clues, I think he would be found by now or someone would be under arrest. Unless of course something like the apps below are making it more difficult, or it's flat out a random crime and his phone records are irrelevant.
  • Secret messaging apps (Viber, Vaulty Stocks, Private Message Box, etc): These apps allow for secret communication with other people, with photos and texts being hidden or destroyed after a certain amount of time.
  • The best way to send secret texts without records on phone bill is to get a new number on a secret texting app, like CoverMe, to be your second private texting line. Private texting with a CoverMe number is totally off the record. The secret text sent through CoverMe will not appear on your phone bill.
  • ‎Unlisted - 2nd Phone Number

Last edited:
I don't believe that this is a random crime because after Alan got into his car he was close to home. He stopped for a reason.

Whoever committed this crime either knew Alan's schedule or Alan reached out to someone who did him harm. The crime happened in a very small window of time.

It seems that Alan didn't message Rusty to let him know that he was meeting anyone before coming home. Why didn't Alan tell Rusty?

Just speculation here.

Last edited:
I don't believe that this is a random crime because after Alan got into his car he was close to home. He stopped for a reason.

Whoever committed this crime either knew Alan's schedule or Alan reached out to someone who did him harm. The crime happened in a very small window of time.

It seems that Alan didn't message Rusty to let him know that he was meeting anyone before coming home. Why didn't Alan tell Rusty?

Just speculation here.
Great question and I would love to know the answer.

It was mentioned once on here already so I give credit where it's due. That being said I have so many questions about the Coach sling too. It is listed on every description I have seen for Alan's last known information.

Even when the last seen wearing clothing was incorrect or last seen on video to last known location the Coach sling has been included.

What was the purpose of the Coach sling ( I have never seen one ).

What could have been in it and what is the major importance of it to be described to a tee without any mistakes on the description? And including it in every missing poster or media release?

it’s fairly common for men to carry a small bag for their personal items. Ie phone, wallet, keys, airpods, portable battery to charge your phone/electronics

it’s fairly common for men to carry a small bag for their personal items. Ie phone, wallet, keys, airpods, portable battery to charge your phone/electronics
Especially these days when showers at many gyms are closed due to COVID restrictions. No idea if that’s the case at that LA Fitness, but makes sense not to carry a big workout bag if you can’t shower.

Just speculation here.

I 100% agree with this. I also do not believe the theory of a car jacking at all.

I 100% agree with this. I also do not believe the theory of a car jacking at all.

Agreed. Otherwise the car would not have been found.

It also must be something that immediately made his husband go look for him. (LE only upgraded the status of the case after they spoke to the family.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe