Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all, what a horrific story. Seems as though Alan White was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cannot imagine what his husband (partner?) and his entire family, and his friends, are going through. Makes you realize that it's just that one moment, that one turn of events, that can turn everything upside down, Sad.

I'm guessing you have never owned a Porsche. They spend about 25%-30% of the time you actually own them or lease them in the shop. It could be one of a thousand reasons his car was in the shop. And we might not know the model, but we know the make was a Porsche, or he wouldn't have turned his car into a Porsche dealer to be worked on, and given a Macan as a loaner car.
I'm guessing you have never owned a Porsche. They spend about 25%-30% of the time you actually own them or lease them in the shop. It could be one of a thousand reasons his car was in the shop. And we might not know the model, but we know the make was a Porsche, or he wouldn't have turned his car into a Porsche dealer to be worked on, and given a Macan as a loaner car.

Yeah that'd be a negative on me ever owning a Porsche!

What is the reason that you are assuming that Alan's personal vehicle is a Porsche, if you don't mind explaining that for me?

There's been a couple times that I had to use a loaner car and none of those times did I receive the same make and model as my personal vehicle.

From the linked news articles discussed and the updated article as well I see that the Porsche Macan was a loaner from PARK PLACE MOTORS.

Searching for Park Place Motors I see that there are several. Yes, there is a location Park Place Motors Porsche but I also see Park Place Motorcars as one of the branches of the Park Place Motors. The Motorcars location is in Dallas, TX as well.
That location is not just a Porsche only dealership. They have a variety of vehicles for sale, new to pre-owned +luxury & below.

Park Place | New & Used Luxury Cars | Dallas/Fort Worth

What do I want in that area that would have made me drive a little out of my way for it? Cult-level bakery? Artisanal coffee roaster?

Anyone local have any ideas why he might have ventured over there?

That is hard to say. Some Racetracs offer higher end goodies, but these are usually in better areas or along interstate where the sheer volume of traffic brings in customers interested in it.

This Racetrac is in an ungentrified quadrant and is probably olde school in regards to offerings: Sugar drinks, beef jerky, salt with potatoe chips and over priced candy.

As for stores around that immediate area that could attract an impulse buy by a higher income person.....
There is not much at all:

- There could be a donut shop in the strip mall by the Racetrac, but would not be artisanal in regards to offering.

- There is an artisanal pizza place in the general area, but would be closed at 0600.

- Sonny Bryans BBQ by the Salvation Army thrift / shelter / rehab is 24 hours and locally famous. But, I don't get 0600 BBQ vibes from the missing person.

Yeah that'd be a negative on me ever owning a Porsche!

What is the reason that you are assuming that Alan's personal vehicle is a Porsche, if you don't mind explaining that for me?

There's been a couple times that I had to use a loaner car and none of those times did I receive the same make and model as my personal vehicle.

From the linked news articles discussed and the updated article as well I see that the Porsche Macan was a loaner from PARK PLACE MOTORS.

Searching for Park Place Motors I see that there are several. Yes, there is a location Park Place Motors Porsche but I also see Park Place Motorcars as one of the branches of the Park Place Motors. The Motorcars location is in Dallas, TX as well.
That location is not just a Porsche only dealership. They have a variety of vehicles for sale, new to pre-owned +luxury & below.

Park Place | New & Used Luxury Cars | Dallas/Fort Worth

I have experience with Park Place on Lemmon (20 years)...they have 2 separate entities there...Mercedes and Porsche (and Smart Car which is on the Mercedes side...or was) . If you buy a Mercedes and take it to get serviced...you go to the Mercedes side and they provide a Mercedes loaner. Buy a Porsche and you go to their service bay...separate from Mercedes...and they provide a Porsche loaners. I am fairly confident he drives a Porsche. I've gone there plenty times and the two are separate entities on the same property.

Does RaceTrac have a loyalty points system?

FWIW/ My highly regimented partner is meticulous about maximizing our grocery and gas points despite being very comfortable financially. Some people are also just brand loyal. As a child my parents always sought out Mobil /Exxon.
RSBM
Maybe another possibility is that Porsches generally require high octane and Alan bought fuel there from past experience finding it. They might also have a high octane blend without added ethanol which is pretty hard to find where I live. I wouldn't be that particular with putting fuel in a loaner but maybe it was a habit from his personal car.

RSBM
Maybe another possibility is that Porsches generally require high octane and Alan bought fuel there from past experience finding it. They might also have a high octane blend without added ethanol which is pretty hard to find where I live. I wouldn't be that particular with putting fuel in a loaner but maybe it was a habit from his personal car.
So much for that theory. According to find93.com, QuikTrip and some Exxons are the places to go for high octane in the Dallas area.

So much for that theory. According to find93.com, QuikTrip and some Exxons are the places to go for high octane in the Dallas area.
It was good thinking regardless, thank you.

I"m very interested in hearing more about where this car was found. If characterized accurately, it sounded as if it were parked in a lot with several similar cars. Supposedly higher end stolen cars will often get shipped overseas for sale. I wonder if this might have been what was in motion here. Alternatively, a botched attempt and this is where the vehicle landed. I also found it very interesting that Perp's will leave these high end vehicles to sit for a few days to see if there is an unseen GPS system that leads people to trace it.

I'm praying for Alan's husband, family, and friends. He is spoken of so highly, and sounds like such an accomplished and good man. Whoever is responsible for his disappearance must be captured, and prosecuted to the full extent of Texas law. And Texas knows how to handle its business.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is there a problem there with homeless and/or drug addicts lingering in the gas station bathrooms?
It has been previously suggested, iirc, but can imagine someone slipping undetected into Alan's car anywhere his car may have been stopped, ie the gym, the gas station......
speculation.
Though given the areas, it is clealry possible.

Such a kidnapping / murder did occur some what relatively close from the gym when a man jumped into a car driven by an 18 year old girl and compelled her to drive away. The area in which this crime occurred was over all safe.

At the same time, statistically, I dont think it was very likely (though still possible):

- The missing person is male, which greatly reduces impulsive sex crime motivations such as what occurred with the female victim described above.

- The general area of the gym east of 75 where the gym is consists of a mix of gentrifying, iffy, and probably some truly dangerous locales at night. The gym, however, is immediately east of 75 and in a gentrified development / blocks. Thus, loitering homeless or drug addicts are less likely.

- The general area of the gas station is also a mix of gentrified areas, iffy areas and south on Maple, some dangerous locales. The four block quadrant surrounding the gas station is clearly "iffy" and has a homeless population.

But.....

The homeless that I have encountered in the area via getting panhandled at Thriftstores and other businesses were all "traditional" homeless- passive, chronic alcohol users, non violent and sadly, in poor physical condition. I never sensed hard drug users or dangerously mentally ill.

The nearby Salvation Army rehab center / shelter is run, well, like an army. Compliance with rehab center and shelter rules is mandatory or one is expelled- quickly, from what one traditional homeless told me.

This seems to reduce the shelter being a magnet for dangerous homeless, who then loiter in the area while popping into the shelter for meals and a cot at their convenience.

Likewise, two liquor stores in the larger general area that specialized in very cheap alcohol, drug use gadgets 'n gear, and salty junk food have been razed in the course of gentrification. Thus, another draw for dangerous homeless was eliminated.

Last edited:
As far as why one would choose one gas station over another of the same kind, I used to drive to one specific local station (often out of my way) simply because they had an app that allowed me to pay without pulling out a credit card (I'm sure most stations do, but some require their own credit card - meaning if it was a Shell station, one must have a Shell card to use the Shell app to pay and we do not choose to have gas credit cards). Further on that line, while there are several of the same stations near me, some required that the user scan the QR code on the pump while others allow you to simply select the pump once you are "linked" to that station. While this might have no bearing whatsoever on Alan's case, it's a small note that tiny details can alter consumer behavior and possibly there was something similar that made him go to that particular station. Or possibly it was just that he didn't realize he wanted/needed gas until that very moment.

In any event, this case weighs heavy on my heart, and I hope that Alan is somewhere safe and will come home to a family who loves him soon.

I hope that there is more information that's been shared with the family, information and leads that we're not aware of. Alan's Facebook page depicts a very kind, thoughtful, and caring individual. His posts about his mother, his siblings, the pictures of the homes that he and his husband have built and/or renovated. I just cannot imagine how sad this is for them, it's sad for anyone who is paying attention at a distance. I pray for resolution, for all of their sake.

Last edited:
I hope that there is more information that's been shared with the family, information and leads that we're not aware of. Alan's Facebook page depicts a very kind, thoughtful, and caring individual. His posts about his mother, his siblings, the pictures of the homes that he and his husband have built and/or renovated. I just cannot imagine how sad this is for them, it's sad for anyone who is paying attention at a distance. I pray for resolution, for all of their sake.
Lovely post. I get exactly the same impression. Everyone who talks about him speaks to his many professional accomplishments, but most of all what a devoted husband and friend to all he is. Where is Alan?!

From AW's niece in Thread 1:
We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am.

If they didn't have the phone records yet, how did they know that AW's last data usage was at 6:01 and his last text was at 6:30? I'm guessing the niece is only going off of what Randy told her - That he texted or called at those times - which makes sense, as that is the only info they'd have at that point. Having said that, there could well have been other texts and phone calls we're not aware of. MOO

Last edited:
Bringing forward AW's niece's post (she is a verified insider) for those who are newly joining us and haven't read Thread 1:

Posted by: thelastunicorn, Nov 14, 2020

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

The homeless that I have encountered in the area via getting panhandled at Thriftstores and other businesses were all "traditional" homeless- passive, chronic alcohol users, non violent and sadly, in poor physical condition. I never sensed hard drug users or dangerously mentally ill.

The nearby Salvation Army rehab center / shelter is run, well, like an army. Compliance with rehab center and shelter rules is mandatory or one is expelled- quickly, from what one traditional homeless told me.

This seems to reduce the shelter being a magnet for dangerous homeless, who then loiter in the area while popping into the shelter for meals and a cot at their convenience.

Likewise, two liquor stores in the larger general area that specialized in very cheap alcohol, drug use gadgets 'n gear, and salty junk food have been razed in the course of gentrification. Thus, another draw for dangerous homeless was eliminated.

I've worked a handful of bars and restaurants in that neck of the woods over the years and agree with all you've said above for the most part. The thing about a transient presence is - Every once in a while you get a wild card.

Around 2 years ago (January 2019 IIRC) - I was working at a high-end establishment on the Design District side of Oak Lawn Ave... (From here on was what we saw on security video) It was a chilly mid-week night and a homeless guy posted up on the front porch dining area to catch a few ZZZs. He was wearing layers of dark clothes and hunkered down under a table so as not to be seen from the road. Around 4am - he woke up and had himself a cigarette. A couple minutes later - He reached into his rucksack, pulled out a wad of napkins/TP, yanked one of our large umbrellas out of its setting and used his paper to light the umbrella on fire. He then shoved the flaming umbrella into the cushions of the outdoor seating area and walked off casually towards the DNT/I35 overpass area while the porch area went up in flames. The security service that worked our block of businesses arrived within 10min and put the small fire out with a small extinguisher. Fortunately the fire didn't reach the awning on the front of the building or it could've been worse. I don't think they ever caught the guy.

All it takes is one wild card for things to go sideways fast... and it's not out of the realm of possibility in that part of town.

Does anyone have the latest update on the extent of searches/searching that has transpired in and around the area where Alan's loaner car was found? The ominous evidence of mud on the tires speaks to some off road stopping point. Does anyone know if the areas we have been discussing (landfill area) etc. have been searched, or videos checked? I would hope that a landfill would have security cams, but who knows.

Each day that goes by must be excruciatingly difficult for his loved ones.
I hope that there is vigorous activities behind the scenes.

Amateur opinion and speculation

From AW's niece in Thread 1:

If they didn't have the phone records yet, how did they know that AW's last data usage was at 6:01 and his last text was at 6:30? I'm guessing the niece is only going off of what Randy told her - That he texted or called at those times - which makes sense, as that is the only info they'd have at that point. Having said that, there could well have been other texts and phone calls we're not aware of. MOO
A phone bill would tell that as well. Logging in to see recent activity will as well. I have done it multiple times.

It was mentioned once on here already so I give credit where it's due. That being said I have so many questions about the Coach sling too. It is listed on every description I have seen for Alan's last known information.

Even when the last seen wearing clothing was incorrect or last seen on video to last known location the Coach sling has been included.

What was the purpose of the Coach sling ( I have never seen one ).

What could have been in it and what is the major importance of it to be described to a tee without any mistakes on the description? And including it in every missing poster or media release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey