Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no evidence in this case OR is there some information we don't know... yet? I feel it's the latter but I don't know why.

I'm with you on the latter. I believe there is video surveillance the public has not been made aware of, and I believe whenever they processed the rental there was evidence recovered.

I've wondered if he didn't stop somewhere after the leaving the gas station to give someone a ride? I don't know if he'd ever do something like that, but since he left the gas station alone and never made it home, it does make me wonder if he picked someone up and it went south, immediately.

jmo

I'm with you on the latter. I believe there is video surveillance the public has not been made aware of, and I believe whenever they processed the rental there was evidence recovered.

I've wondered if he didn't stop somewhere after the leaving the gas station to give someone a ride? I don't know if he'd ever do something like that, but since he left the gas station alone and never made it home, it does make me wonder if he picked someone up and it went south, immediately.

jmo
Or, possibly, as he was pulling out of the gas station and stopped, someone flagged him as if to ask him a question and Alan rolled down the window to help. The person could have stuck a gun in Alan's face. I myself would have gunned it...I think...Alan may have frozen...That's all I can think of...Someone got into the car somewhere.

jmo

Yes. I feel sure there should be surveillance video evidence, it's the change of this case to the SIU that is interesting. While SIU is described a bit differently (per link below), I suppose it could be gang, drug and vice related criminal activities.

https://dallaspolice.net/division/crimeagainstpersons/specialinvestigations
Special Investigations Unit Investigates:

• Police Shootings
  • Citizen fatalities or serious injuries while in Police custody
  • Cold Cases

Last edited:
I've wondered if he didn't stop somewhere after the leaving the gas station to give someone a ride? I don't know if he'd ever do something like that...

Though clearly possible, foot traffic in that area is rare outside of obvious homeless. The area by the school maybe an exception during certain times, but not at 0600 during covid.

Excluding the possibility of a ride being offered to a homeless person, I think the odds of Alan being flagged down by an unknown pedestrian, or a casual acquatiance is low.

In the end, there are very few pedestrians, joggers or even cyclists in the area as the main roads are multi-laned, have fast traffic and few crossing points.

Last edited:
I try to put myself in his position early that morning. Headed home from the gym, possibly driving a little out of my way, maybe going out of my way because there's somewhere I want to stop before going home. Then i get over there and see the place isn't open yet and i need gas so i get gas nearby. What do I want in that area that would have made me drive a little out of my way for it? Cult-level bakery? Artisanal coffee roaster?
In a similar vein, if the info we have says he was seen driving out of the gas station, what types of things that early in the morning would create an opportunity to make contact with someone else? Over two of these threads I've seen some good suggestions: dry cleaners, bakery, donuts, coffee, specialty grocery for cheeses or tapenades. Anyone local have any ideas why he might have ventured over there?

Having lived in the area off Lovers/Inwood for 23 years...doing remodels in the area Alan and Rusty live...and driving up and down Inwood and Lemmon regularly, I know that area very well and am quite familiar with the routes and back-streets take when getting around. I have to think almost anyone leaving LA Fitness headed to the 5300 block of Livingston Avenue is going to take Haskell to Lemmon going west and take that all the way to Inwood...take a right (north) a few short blocks to Livingston. There are other ways, but they just aren't as quick or direct...more turns, lights and stop signs. I don't see someone as regimented and organized as Alan (as reported by a friend who knows him well) taking a route home that took him out of his way to the RT on Inwood. It makes zero sense (to me anyway) to go to that RaceTrac, which is in a very sketchy area, just to fuel up. Any alternative route from LA Fitness to his home that took him by that RT would be FAR down on a list of options.

If, as his husband Rusty surmised, he went to the RaceTrac on Inwood because the more convenient one on Lemmon just east of Inwood, that Alan would have driven right by, had recently had a mugging...well...it makes sense to me he'd have gone to the Shell on Lemmon and Oak Lawn or Exxon on Lemmon and Douglas to get gas. Both are in safer, more convenient areas and he'd have passed right by them on the route most would assume he'd take. That Inwood RT is sketchy and there are always homeless sitting on the grass between the Church's and RaceTrack...certainly not where I'd go if I was looking for a safer option.

I'm in the same community as Alan and Rusty and have mutual friends. I do not know Alan, but have probably met them as my ex is very close with a couple that is best of friends with Alan and Rusty and socializes with them. Everyone I know in their circle are top-notch, professional, successful, settled and all around lovely people. I've heard nothing but good things about Alan. I have been told he is super regimented and organized and keeps a routine. I imagine this is why it was so alarming for Rusty when he wasn't home by 6:30 or so.

IF this was a car-jacking gone wrong...it's very possible the thief parked the car while things cooled down as it's not uncommon for stolen vehicles to get parked for a few days in the event there is a tracking device that could lead the police to the thief. They get parked in apartments and busy lots where they don't stand out and could get reported. After a few days...if the car is still there...the thief retrieves it. I was told last night by a mutual friend...the vehicle found was in a lot with a lot of similar cars...backed in very carefully in-between others. Definitely intentionally parked there so it wouldn't stand out, but that really doesn't tell us whether it was stolen or placed there by someone else.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention is the proximity of where the car was found in relation to the city dump off Simpson Stuart and 45. Looks to be about 1.5 miles away on the opposite side of I45. The first thing I thought when I heard where they found the car was that's the exit for the dump. Could explain the dirt, although the investigators have likely looked at that angle.

Seeing his mother's pain is heartbreaking...
I agree with you....seeing her pain and hearing her words is hard. She loves her son greatly it appears.

I am glad you are here and commenting.

I am wondering if even though that racetrack appears sketchy, if Alan may have been comfortable using it? Is it possible that he may have been familiar with the area and therefore ok stopping there? I see a popular "club/bar" , The Dallas Eagle, nearby and possibly he was familiar with it and therefore the area? Or, did he visit the racetrac specifically because he was familiar w/ the type of gas they carried versus others? I know my car calls for 91 octane 100% ethanol and I am sure the Porsche is the same. Did the other stations not carry 100% ethanol. In my area, not all do and I tend to know who does?

I am wondering if the info you shared about the car being backed in is incorrect. I know many of us here discussed that picture and believed it to be a type of "stock photo" or even a photo of the car on the lot at the dealership but not where it was found. The idea of it hiding in plain site certainly doesn't fit the Verified Insiders @thelastunicorn info that it was found in a secluded location. Here is the news report showing the car on a lot, but that lot is nowhere near where the car was found. 'Someone out there knows something': Family pushes to find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com About 30 seconds in is the image of a Macan on a lot.

Also, after following news in the area where the car was found, specifically the apartment complexes nearby, I have discovered one had security onsite, that was requiring info on vehicles and drivers licenses in order to even park there. I honestly don't think that car would have lasted any amount of time in any of the complexes nearby where it was found. However, a garage is a different story.

I am actually curious about the Coach Sling. What did he use it for? I am wondering if it was seen on the video at the racetrac? Did he retrieve money or card out of it? What did he normally keep in it? Is it remotely possible he forgot it at the gym? Could someone have called him and said "Hey you forgot this, I am actually leaving and headed your way, I will meet you?" I didn't notice the sling in the gym video of him exiting. I thought what he was doing was taking off a sweatshirt in the video, not a sling, so did it stay in the car?

Welcome!! Really appreciate your local info and assessments!

Something I haven't seen anyone mention is the proximity of where the car was found in relation to the city dump off Simpson Stuart and 45. Looks to be about 1.5 miles away on the opposite side of I45. The first thing I thought when I heard where they found the car was that's the exit for the dump. Could explain the dirt, although the investigators have likely looked at that angle.

I mentioned this a few times, and even made a map showing the proximity, etc. That idea was shot down, as I was told you needed special access to get in, and it was all very guarded.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is a previous version of this article where it mentions the very first report of him being missing? The comments to the article make me wonder if I am missing something. UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

They have the text of the original post at the bottom, after the update, where it talks about the dealership being unable to locate the car (not directly mentioned, so my speculation is that the loaner didn't have any anti-theft devices or they needed LE/warrant to act).

Is that what you're thinking is missing?

They have the text of the original post at the bottom, after the update, where it talks about the dealership being unable to locate the car (not directly mentioned, so my speculation is that the loaner didn't have any anti-theft devices or they needed LE/warrant to act).

Is that what you're thinking is missing?
No, i see the "first" update. I am wondering if the "first update" had been edited and there is an "original" version. You know how sometimes and article is edited and you can sometimes see what was changed? The comments to this article make me feel like something was changed and not in regards to what you referenced.

I try to put myself in his position early that morning. Headed home from the gym, possibly driving a little out of my way, maybe going out of my way because there's somewhere I want to stop before going home. Then i get over there and see the place isn't open yet and i need gas so i get gas nearby. What do I want in that area that would have made me drive a little out of my way for it? Cult-level bakery? Artisanal coffee roaster?
In a similar vein, if the info we have says he was seen driving out of the gas station, what types of things that early in the morning would create an opportunity to make contact with someone else? Over two of these threads I've seen some good suggestions: dry cleaners, bakery, donuts, coffee, specialty grocery for cheeses or tapenades. Anyone local have any ideas why he might have ventured over there?
No idea if Alan or anyone back at his house smoked cigs. or not, but if one place did not have a particular brand that day, easy to imagine heading to another place that did have the desired pack of smokes.
imo, speculation.

I am actually curious about the Coach Sling. What did he use it for? I am wondering if it was seen on the video at the racetrac? Did he retrieve money or card out of it? What did he normally keep in it? Is it remotely possible he forgot it at the gym? Could someone have called him and said "Hey you forgot this, I am actually leaving and headed your way, I will meet you?" I didn't notice the sling in the gym video of him exiting. I thought what he was doing was taking off a sweatshirt in the video, not a sling, so did it stay in the car?

RSBM

I will have to watch the (leaving gym) video again but I thought he opened the rear door of his vehicle (and I assumed he was putting the sling in) before opening driver's door. But my vision is questionable.

While SIU is described a bit differently (per link below), I suppose it could be gang, drug and vice related criminal activities.

There is some confusion about this similar to when it was reported Youth Operations was investigating Alan's missing person case.

If you drill down to the Criminal Investigations divisions on the Dallas Police website you will see 5 divisions listed one being the Homicide / Special Investigations Unit (one unit.)
https://dallaspolice.net/division/crimeagainstpersons/divisioncommander

The Homicide / Special Investigations Unit page shows the SIU investigates:
  • Officer Involved Shootings
  • Assault on Public Servant
  • Assault on Police Officer
I don't think that any of the above applies to Alan unless there is something really unexpected not known to us about this case!

My speculation is that Detective Barnes, a homicide detective, is working this case as a homicide. IMO he was assigned it either due to the high-profile nature of this case or due to the nature of the homicide.

Last edited:
There is some confusion about this similar to when it was reported Youth Operations was investigating Alan's missing person case.

If you drill down to the Criminal Investigations divisions on the Dallas Police website you will see 5 listed one being the Homicide / Special Investigations Unit (one unit.)
https://dallaspolice.net/division/crimeagainstpersons/divisioncommander

The Homicide / Special Investigations Unit page shows the SIU investigates:
  • Officer Involved Shootings
  • Assault on Public Servant
  • Assault on Police Officer
I don't think that any of the above applies to Alan unless there is something really unexpected not known to us about this case!

My speculation is that Detective Barnes, a homicide detective, is working this case as a homicide. MOO he was assigned it due to the high-profile nature of this case or due to the nature of the homicide.

So, I suppose it's semantics and Detective Barnes that make the difference? I mean, why not leave the case under CID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay