Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have too - so then why the request for phone records if they could get everything via phone bill and logging in?
Unless I am misunderstanding the question, the difference between a phone record/bill is different for a requests for the actual "content" meaning texts. Indeed a warrant could produce the records, but I believe additional effort would be required to produce a record of keystrokes and texts.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It was mentioned once on here already so I give credit where it's due. That being said I have so many questions about the Coach sling too. It is listed on every description I have seen for Alan's last known information.

Even when the last seen wearing clothing was incorrect or last seen on video to last known location the Coach sling has been included.

What was the purpose of the Coach sling ( I have never seen one ).

What could have been in it and what is the major importance of it to be described to a tee without any mistakes on the description? And including it in every missing poster or media release?
I assume the Coach sling is what Alan would use for his gym clothes or shoes or similar? And perhaps it was not recovered in the vehicle but his husband knew that he’d typically have it with him?

I assume the Coach sling is what Alan would use for his gym clothes or shoes or similar? And perhaps it was not recovered in the vehicle but his husband knew that he’d typically have it with him?
I can’t envision using a Coach sling for gym shoes or used gym clothes. A work out bag - yes. JMO

I’ve always assumed it meant the texts themselves- the data... or the ping locations.

But if R was the only one calling and texting AW (viewable by logging in) why would the content of the texts and data matter?

The pings, I can understand them needing for last location. Still, haven't heard anything on that either.

I can’t envision using a Coach sling for gym shoes or used gym clothes. A work out bag - yes. JMO
Valid point. But it seems that he left the gym wearing his workout clothes. When I do a very early morning workout I shower afterwards at home, so the only thing I carry in my gym bag are shoes I can wear at the gym and a change of shirt. Though I don’t carry anything as fancy as a Coach sling, it’s similar in size and purpose.

As far as why one would choose one gas station over another of the same kind, I used to drive to one specific local station (often out of my way) simply because they had an app that allowed me to pay without pulling out a credit card (I'm sure most stations do, but some require their own credit card - meaning if it was a Shell station, one must have a Shell card to use the Shell app to pay and we do not choose to have gas credit cards). Further on that line, while there are several of the same stations near me, some required that the user scan the QR code on the pump while others allow you to simply select the pump once you are "linked" to that station. While this might have no bearing whatsoever on Alan's case, it's a small note that tiny details can alter consumer behavior and possibly there was something similar that made him go to that particular station. Or possibly it was just that he didn't realize he wanted/needed gas until that very moment.

In any event, this case weighs heavy on my heart, and I hope that Alan is somewhere safe and will come home to a family who loves him soon.

[bbm]

his partner knew he was going to stop for gas, either before or after the gym, according to the niece, who posted here

ETA: please see post #398 for more speculation from niece about gas station choice

It was good thinking regardless, thank you.

I"m very interested in hearing more about where this car was found. If characterized accurately, it sounded as if it were parked in a lot with several similar cars. Supposedly higher end stolen cars will often get shipped overseas for sale. I wonder if this might have been what was in motion here. Alternatively, a botched attempt and this is where the vehicle landed. I also found it very interesting that Perp's will leave these high end vehicles to sit for a few days to see if there is an unseen GPS system that leads people to trace it.

I'm praying for Alan's husband, family, and friends. He is spoken of so highly, and sounds like such an accomplished and good man. Whoever is responsible for his disappearance must be captured, and prosecuted to the full extent of Texas law. And Texas knows how to handle its business.

[bbm]

no the niece said it was in a secluded place
are you confusing where it was possibly returned to after being found - at the dealership?

[bbm]

no the niece said it was in a secluded place
are you confusing where it was possibly returned to after being found - at the dealership?
It sounds like it LadyL. I'm confused on this point. I first understood it was in a secluded ? spot, then I read in was in a lot with a bunch of other cars. I have lost track of the accurate details of the car. Anyone feel free to set me straight please.

It sounds like it LadyL. I'm confused on this point. I first understood it was in a secluded ? spot, then I read in was in a lot with a bunch of other cars. I have lost track of the accurate details of the car. Anyone feel free to set me straight please.

it was found in a secluded spot

someone on WS saw a picture of a similar car backed into a space at a dealer's lot and speculated it was Alan's returned rental and posted that picture here - no one has actually confirmed that was his car

I don't see why not?
I like to be able to wipe down or clean my work out bag - so a well constructed nylon type work out bag with a separate shoe compartment away from my clothes is my preference.
I could see it for errands, running around town, snazzy red color!

Last edited:
I've worked a handful of bars and restaurants in that neck of the woods over the years and agree with all you've said above for the most part. The thing about a transient presence is - Every once in a while you get a wild card.

All it takes is one wild card for things to go sideways fast... and it's not out of the realm of possibility in that part of town.

A very good point. I am glad that the damage to the restaraunt was minimal. The fact that there was a security service even in a gentrifying area like the design district illustrates your point fully: A significant majority of the local homeless can be harmless- but it just takes one.

And as you also pointed out, there is still a large number of homeless in the general area- thus there is still a viable population for "the one" to emerge from.

In addition to a random crime, a dangerous homeless person might have been drawn by the high end car. Though the larger are is gentrifying and high end cars are not uncommon, they could still stand out in the ungentrified Maple and Inwood quadrant.

A high end car at that gas station would not attract the impulsive attention of a professional car jacking crew as a "once in a blue moon" opportunity. But.... perhaps it could launch a drug addled / dangerous homeless person into an impulsive and violent crime?

Last edited:
A very good point. I am glad that the damage to the restaraunt was minimal. The fact that there was a security service even in a gentrifying area like the design district illustrates your point fully: A significant majority of the local homeless can be harmless- but it just takes one.

And as you also pointed out, there is still a large number of homeless in the general area- thus there is still a viable population for "the one" to emerge from.

In addition to a random crime, a dangerous homeless person might have been drawn by the high end car. Though the larger are is gentrifying and high end cars are not uncommon, they could still stand out in the ungentrified Maple and Inwood quadrant.

A high end car at that gas station would not attract the impulsive attention of a professional car jacking crew as a "once in a blue moon" opportunity. But.... perhaps it could launch a drug addled / dangerous homeless person into an impulsive and violent crime?
Anything is certainly possible. That being said, I don't see a homeless person perpetrating this crime (if there was a crime, which I believe there was). I see this more as someone who does this as their occupation, as twisted as that sounds. I think this all started at the gym. Gyms are notorious for parking lot thieving, and so forth. I think Alan was followed from the gym, and that is where I would focus my efforts. I found it interesting when researching carjackings, that leaving a car in some secluded destination is the norm, so that the Perp can see if the car is quickly found based on GPS. This has been pending too long. I hope that the authorities are taking vigorous actions to resolve. I'd be scouring whatever gym videos exist, and looking there first and foremost.

Anything is certainly possible. That being said, I don't see a homeless person perpetrating this crime (if there was a crime, which I believe there was). I see this more as someone who does this as their occupation, as twisted as that sounds. I think this all started at the gym. Gyms are notorious for parking lot thieving, and so forth. I think Alan was followed from the gym, and that is where I would focus my efforts. I found it interesting when researching carjackings, that leaving a car in some secluded destination is the norm, so that the Perp can see if the car is quickly found based on GPS. This has been pending too long. I hope that the authorities are taking vigorous actions to resolve. I'd be scouring whatever gym videos exist, and looking there first and foremost.

BBM

Same. Just not completely eliminating "lone wolf" theory. :)

I see this more as someone who does this as their occupation, as twisted as that sounds. I think this all started at the gym. Gyms are notorious for parking lot thieving, and so forth.

I can see that. Though I don't think it is probable that a car jacking or other impulsive crime occurring at the gas station would have been seen by witnesses or caught on CCTV.

But, in continuance of your line of thought:

- Car jacking gang notices Porsche at gym. But... there are too many security cameras, parking lot is very well lit, saw police or private security nearby, or..... gang is simply not prepared or do not have their nerve up.

- Gang then follows Alan. Alan goes to the gas station for any number of mudane reasons: likes the employees, coffee is better, just wants to think or do nothing before the zoom meeting etc.

- Car jackers follow him from the gas station (too many people and CCTVs). Now, they have their nerve up and are "prepared".

- Car jackers stop Alan by the bump technique. Things then go bad: Senior car jacker impulsively orders a kidnapping in addition to the car jacking, or excited car jackers give Alan contradictory orders causing him to freeze etc.

Car jackers then leave with Alan and things go from bad to worse.... .

Dallas Police Department
Please see the updated information regarding Endangered Missing Person - James Alan White

safe_image.php

DPDBEAT.COM
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White
On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case n…

Dallas Police Department
Please see the updated information regarding Endangered Missing Person - James Alan White

safe_image.php

DPDBEAT.COM
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White
On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case n…
Why the "Youth Operations Unit"?
Endangered, as I've pointed out upthread is invoked only under very specific circumstances. I'm wondering if the family said anything to LE that would have invoked that status? I'm truly confused by that status as well as the "Youth Operations". Huh?

Why the "Youth Operations Unit"?
Endangered, as I've pointed out upthread is invoked only under very specific circumstances. I'm wondering if the family said anything to LE that would have invoked that status? I'm truly confused by that status as well as the "Youth Operations". Huh?

This was discussed at length some pages back. It's helpful to scroll back and follow those posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey