Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck on this: "A recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him"

I can't get past that! Something HIS FAMILY told LE changed things. They did not say it was something they found, or new evidence that came to light, but explicitly stated that something from a discussion with his family prompted the upgrade.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/

I'm stuck on this: "A recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him"

I can't get past that! Something HIS FAMILY told LE changed things. They did not say it was something they found, or new evidence that came to light, but explicitly stated that something from a discussion with his family prompted the upgrade.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/
I agree - it is worrisome.
JMO

Yes, I mentioned this up thread as well. The “endangered” distinction is only invoked under very specific circumstances. Easily googled for more detail on that classification.

amateur opinion and speculation

What could that mean? When I read your post my mind went to self harm or voluntary disappearance. But I guess there are many other possibilities. Someone could have been unhappy with Alan and targeted him, or maybe someone was infatuated? I wish we had some direction to go, not so patiently waiting for news :(

Maybe this is something I missed previously, but I just realized there is a comment on the link above by JD Spielman - so I assume Blackfish Investigations is the PI team utilized by the family. 'Seems like a very experienced group and I hope they're getting close to finding Alan.

Yes, I mentioned this up thread as well. The “endangered” distinction is only invoked under very specific circumstances. Easily googled for more detail on that classification.

amateur opinion and speculation

The Texas State Department of Public Safety does seem to have specific criteria for the issuance of an Endangered Missing Persons Alert. TxDPS - Endangered Missing Persons Alert. But I don't see that TX DPS ever issued issued an Alert for AW. I can't find one on its twitter feed: https://twitter.com/TX_Alerts.

I do see that the Dallas Police Department stated that the initial report re AW was upgraded from "Want to Locate" to "Endangered Missing" (Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White), but since there doesn't seem to be a State-issued Alert they may be using the term "endangered missing" more loosely than they do in a State Alert situation.
JMO.

Last edited:
Finally... a statement from KPMG on one small social media venue , LinkedIn, fortunately picked up in this msm article.

KPMG Managing Director Alan White Reported Missing By Family; Reward Increased to $20,000; Dallas Police Considers White 'Endangered' (UPDATE) - Going Concern

One thing I haven’t seen in any of the reporting in Dallas and around the country about White’s disappearance is a comment from KPMG. Everyone outside of the Dallas office has to be aware of what happened, right?

Sure enough, a source from KPMG pointed us to a LinkedIn post about White’s disappearance from Dallas OMP Kim Kesler. We were told the post has been widely shared by firm leaders across the U.S.

KPMG is deeply concerned about our friend and colleague, Alan White, who went missing on October 22nd in Dallas. We are working with local authorities and in touch with Alan’s family to provide all the support that we can. We hope Alan will be found safe and well soon and our thoughts are with his family and loved ones. If you have any information that may help lead to his whereabouts, please call the Dallas Police Department at 214-671-4268 or the tip hotline at 800-403-8024.

Have there been any verified reports on Alan's " normal car "?

I'm curious about the details pertaining to his driving the loaner.
WHY exactly was his personal vehicle in the shop? It has been said it was in for routine, or general or basic service IIRCC.

WHAT does that mean exactly? An oil change doesn't take that long to do.
HOW long exactly had AW been driving the loaner Porsche? Which will answer the next question I have.
WHEN exactly did his personal vehicle go in the shop?

WHAT make and model is AW's personal vehicle?Color?
WAS his personal vehicle in excellent condition? Fair or fine condition?

HAD Alan and his personal vehicle been involved in a car accident anytime shortly before he put it in the shop?

WAS the personal vehicle actually Alan's personal vehicle?
WAS it a company owned vehicle included in his employee package?

WHEN was his personal vehicle due to be completed and swapped out with the loaner?
Date and time he was to return the Porsche loaner and receive his vehicle back?
WHAT, if anything does the timing and or circumstances surrounding Alan White's " normal car"
going into the shop and the loaner SUV being driven for the time leading up to his disappearance?

I'm guessing you have never owned a Porsche. They spend about 25%-30% of the time you actually own them or lease them in the shop. It could be one of a thousand reasons his car was in the shop. And we might not know the model, but we know the make was a Porsche, or he wouldn't have turned his car into a Porsche dealer to be worked on, and given a Macan as a loaner car.

Finally... a statement from KPMG on one small social media venue , LinkedIn, fortunately picked up in this msm article.

KPMG Managing Director Alan White Reported Missing By Family; Reward Increased to $20,000; Dallas Police Considers White 'Endangered' (UPDATE) - Going Concern

One thing I haven’t seen in any of the reporting in Dallas and around the country about White’s disappearance is a comment from KPMG. Everyone outside of the Dallas office has to be aware of what happened, right?

Sure enough, a source from KPMG pointed us to a LinkedIn post about White’s disappearance from Dallas OMP Kim Kesler. We were told the post has been widely shared by firm leaders across the U.S.
is deeply concerned about our friend and colleague, Alan White, who went missing on October 22nd in Dallas. We are working with local authorities and in touch with Alan’s family to provide all the support that we can. We hope Alan will be found safe and well soon and our thoughts are with his family and loved ones. If you have any information that may help lead to his whereabouts, please call the Dallas Police Department at 214-671-4268 or the tip hotline at 800-403-8024.
Going Concern has tweeted several times, not much of a response in terms of retweets or likes - https://twitter.com/search?q=@going_concern alan white&src=typeahead_click&f=live

I've seen comments in various place by people who say they are co-workers. Every single one says what a wonderful guy Alan is, talented, hard worker. Not one can fathom he would have an enemy, or that he would go missing voluntarily.

I was hoping we would have an update from family today :(

Agree 100% on the intersection - definitely not going to happen in this area. Although a bit industrial, it is SO busy and wide open.

I keep going back to the kidnapping/carjacking from 11/4
- Happened within a couple of BLOCKS of Alan's house (maybe their preferred "Area"?)
- Wanted money - not the car (dumped the Porsche)
- One of them was staying off Bonnie View in south Dallas (maybe near where the Porsche was dumped? not sure of address he was staying at)

First thing I thought when I heard of the car being found on/near Simpson Stuart was the City Landfill right off 45/Samson Stuart. Possibly someone dumped his body there, thus, the mud on tires....then parked car since it was "hot" and possibly tracked as cars often are. Not unusual for motorcycle or car thieves to park the vehicle in a busy lot where it won't be noticed...then if it is there a week later, they assume it doesn't have tracking and they go back to get it.

It seems this is now being worked by Special Investigations. I’m not sure what that means.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Updated on December 4, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.:

This case is now being worked by the Special Investigations Unit of the Dallas Police Department. Anyone with information regarding Mr. White’s whereabouts or information related to the case is being asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes #8854 at 214-283-4818or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case #188623-2020.

UPDATE: The Dallas Police Department’s Special Investigations Unit has now taken over the investigation into the oct. 22 disappearance of Dallas businessman James Alan White, according to a post on the DPD blog at 6 p.m. today (Friday, Dec. 4).

Anyone with information regarding White’s disappearance or with any information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes ar 214-283-4818 or by eail at eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Reference case #188623-2020.

The special investigations unit handles cases that have gone cold.
UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice

It seems this is now being worked by Special Investigations. I’m not sure what that means.

This case is now being worked by the Special Investigations Unit of the Dallas Police Department. Anyone with information regarding Mr. White’s whereabouts or information related to the case is being asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes #8854 at 214-283-4818or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case #188623-2020.
This link explains the charter of the Special Investigations Unit of the Dallas Police:
https://dallaspolice.net/division/crimeagainstpersons/specialinvestigations

ETA: I see speedy Knox beat me to this! : )

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hmmm... the DPD website says —

Special Investigations Unit Investigates:
Police Shootings
Citizen fatalities or serious injuries while in Police custody
Cold Cases

Could this really be a “cold case” already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay