Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is consistent with my gym experience. You don't want wallets or keys slinging around when you are trying to work out. Many people carry a small sling bag with them throughout the gym to quickly access face wipes, a fresh top, sports drink, work out gloves, bands, and so forth. Very normal.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree. Which makes it all the more unusual that he wasn't carrying one (or at least it doesn't appear that he is carrying one in the Haskell LA Fitness CCTV video).

Maybe he didn't take the bag in with him because he knew he was going to be in and out real quick. I think he was only inside the gym that morning for about 30 min (I think the gym opened at 5:00 am and the CCTV video showed him in the parking lot leaving at 5:38 am).

Then, he was on video at the RT pump (AND had finished pumping gas) at 5:48 am..

If the times on both video recorders were correct, that's really moving it! Was AW in a hurry? Supposed to meet someone?

I secretly think that the RT video time might have been off by 10-12 minutes, as AW's last data usage on his phone (which I think everyone is assuming was just him paying for gas inside at the counter) was at 6:01 am, and I think his family said he was only inside the store for about 15 seconds (that was from an early post in this thread which I'm having trouble finding at the moment, but I'm pretty certain it's accurate).

So it either took him 12 minutes to walk from the pumps to inside the store.. or he didn't directly go inside the store.. or the video recorder time is wrong.

I just don't think AW could have travelled from the Haskell LA Fitness - AND put gas in his car - in less time than it would take him to walk from the pumps to the inside counter.. Something just doesn't add up.

Sorry about the ramble. Started out just thinking about the coach bag..

JMO

What is the retail value of the Coach sling owned by Alan? Any idea if it was brand new in store? Or perhaps older and sentimental? Lastly, does anyone know if it has been said if the Coach sling was gifted to Alan or inheirited from his brother? Was it more like a 21st century new age briefcase that would have had work related documents etc that he would have had on hand to confer with during his conference call that morning @ 7am?

Bringing this post up in case it’s helpful. I don’t know whether it has been confirmed that this is the same or very similar Sling.

For those interested in the coach bag, this looks to me like the one in the missing poster and has additional photos. I could see putting headphones, water bottle, other gym items in it. Just my opinion.

Authentic Bagz for SURE !!: COACH MEN VARICK CROSSBODY NYLON SLING BAG 70692

No price and the listing is from 2014.

Here’s a black leather Coach men’s sling backpack for $325 at Nordstrom’s for general comparison (not the same bag description that Alan had):

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/coach-metropolitan-logo-embossed-sling-backpack/5784539?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/Brands/COACH/Men&color=black

Then, he was on video at the RT pump (AND had finished pumping gas) at 5:48 am..

If the times on both video recorders were correct, that's really moving it! Was AW in a hurry? Supposed to meet someone?

I secretly think that the RT video time might have been off by 10-12 minutes, as AW's last data usage on his phone (which I think everyone is assuming was just him paying for gas inside at the counter) was at 6:01 am, and I think his family said he was only inside the store for about 15 seconds (that was from an early post in this thread which I'm having trouble finding at the moment, but I'm pretty certain it's accurate).

So it either took him 12 minutes to walk from the pumps to inside the store.. or he didn't directly go inside the store.. or the video recorder time is wrong.

I just don't think AW could have travelled from the Haskell LA Fitness - AND put gas in his car - in less time than it would take him to walk from the pumps to the inside counter.. Something just doesn't add up.

Sorry about the ramble. Started out just thinking about the coach bag..

JMO

I assumed that Alan was paying by card, as the family has said 6:01 was the time from a bank transaction. There would be no need to go inside; he should have swiped the card at the pump. (Unless RT does things weirdly; typically people only go inside if paying cash and then to get change or a receipt).

If he paid by card, the only reason to go inside would be for a receipt reprint, if the machine was out of paper. But that would take a minute or so, unless the cashier was really on the ball with reprinting.

JMO.

I assumed that Alan was paying by card, as the family has said 6:01 was the time from a bank transaction. There would be no need to go inside; he should have swiped the card at the pump. (Unless RT does things weirdly; typically people only go inside if paying cash and then to get change or a receipt).

If he paid by card, the only reason to go inside would be for a receipt reprint, if the machine was out of paper. But that would take a minute or so, unless the cashier was really on the ball with reprinting.

JMO.
Maybe he went in to purchase something?

Bringing this post up in case it’s helpful. I don’t know whether it has been confirmed that this is the same or very similar Sling.

No price and the listing is from 2014.

Here’s a black leather Coach men’s sling backpack for $325 at Nordstrom’s for general comparison (not the same bag description that Alan had):

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/coach-metropolitan-logo-embossed-sling-backpack/5784539?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/Brands/COACH/Men&color=black

Thank you

Did anyone just catch the local news reporting that the car was found on Kitty Street in Oak Cliff? Looked like a secluded wooded area where the car was located.( I literally thought car was found on Bonnie View)

What channel? I just searched Google News and I don't see any articles recently (last ones from three to four weeks ago).

Did anyone just catch the local news reporting that the car was found on Kitty Street in Oak Cliff? Looked like a secluded wooded area where the car was located.( I literally thought car was found on Bonnie View)
Well, that's near Paul Quinn College as someone else previously stated - here's the map Google Maps

Well, that's near Paul Quinn College as someone else previously stated - here's the map Google Maps
Well this is interesting. It’s consistent with what our verified insider told us (and contradicts some unsubstantiated rumors we heard).

So was there a search of this area or not? (We have not heard of any LE searches there which is odd.) If not, as I said before, that indicates to me LE has evidence that Alan was never at the vehicle’s final location (and/or indicates LE likely has evidence this is not a drive/park/suicide or OD in the woods situation -NOT that we have seen any indications of those scenarios, just trying to rule things out).

Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

“He pumps gas into his vehicle, he goes in the store, after exiting the store, he gets in his vehicle and he drives off the parking lot. At that point, there's no one in the vehicle with him,” Det. Barnes explained. “The pressing thing is we want is to get Mr. White home safely to his family.

Police said they found his vehicle about a week later in the 5800 block of Kitty Street.

That’s more than 15 miles from where White bought gas, and was last seen.

“This vacant lot is a very secluded area, and it’s known by the people in Highland Hills and it’s known by the Dallas Police Department,” Barnes said.

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.

The vehicle was searched, but police didn’t find any clear evidence inside.

“Crime Stoppers is offering their typical $5,000 reward for this investigation, but there is a private fund that’s donated up to $20,000 for information leading to the discovery of Mr. White,” Det. Barnes said.
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Finally some confirmation of details from LE. What's the vacant lot known for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95