Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But is RJ even able to sell it, without extra legal hoops?
There are hoops, to be sure.
I'm currently following another case where a spouse went missing last spring and the husband listed their house for sale not too long ago.
I guess if you're determined enough to get out of the house, you'll go through whatever legal hoops you're required to go through.

jmo

Absolutely. My first husband died unexpectedly, and I didn't have the income or the desire to stay in our house we had purchased together.
Sorry for your loss.

I wouldn't stay in our home either, I'd have to hire someone to do all the things my husband does and would want to simplify and downsize to a more manageable size.
In another case (Suzanne Morphew), I gave a side eye to selling a home so soon, since it was owned and there was no payment to be made. But with this one, I can see the need to do so.

Absolutely. My first husband died unexpectedly, and I didn't have the income or the desire to stay in our house we had purchased together.

That I can understand, I have seen that situation occur within my family.

But do we know that Alan is already deceased or presumed to be by LE?

I do think that’s possible. But he did contradict one thing saying the keys were inside, vs. locked. I can’t imagine that car can lock with keys inside. Imho. I’m currently trying to research that.
I am new to the thread and trying to catch up. Not sure if you ever found this out, I have a 2019 Macan and I cannot lock my car with the keys inside. I will keep catching up but if there are any other questions regarding the Macan, let me know!

What about a sunroof or moonroof? I could see that being left open either in advertently or just because they didn't care. I also think about the possibility that Alan was killed first in the car, then the person intended to keep the car for their personal use, washed it but then saw the amount of publicity that it was getting and decided against it and dumped the car.

I am firmly in the foul play camp. And sincerely hope friends and family are organizing search is near where the car was found.
I can see the sunroof being left open accidentally if the screen was closed. The screen is dark and in my car other than noise and weather I cannot tell the sunroof is open when I have the screen closed. I can see if someone parks, plays on their phone, gets distracted they may forget to close the sunroof.

I am new to the thread and trying to catch up. Not sure if you ever found this out, I have a 2019 Macan and I cannot lock my car with the keys inside. I will keep catching up but if there are any other questions regarding the Macan, let me know!
Say if you press lock with the keys then close the door leaving them inside?

Thank you @ChiCubs2016 !
Not at all crucial, since we have no idea if sunroof or window were open, but if you feel like doing some experiments, the question came up earlier:
If you lock the Macan and then toss the keys back in the car via open sun roof or window, would it remain locked?

I'm still curious as to how it could have been listed in the first place, since I assume Alan's name was on the mortgage and/or title. Maybe that's why it's withdrawn. I feel for families with missing people who have to work through all the financial issues associated with the missing person.

House is back on the market now.

I have not tried this but will. Let me find my spare key fob.
Another thing about Porsche and I am not sure if it has been mentioned since I am still catching up but has it been said that Alan’s loaner had keyless entry. Porsche has Entry and Drive which is different than push button start. There is actually a dummy key in the ignition. I do not have it, something about it looking like my key was in the ignition made me nervous. Of course the car will not unlock or start without the actual key fob close by but someone trying to steal my car might not know the dummy key was not the actual key. By then the damage to get in my car would already be done.

Another thought if the loaner had ventilated leather seats, I would think they would be ruined if there was a lot of water in the car due to windows, sunroof being left open during rain or being washed. There are little holes in the seat for the cool air. In my experience with loaners, they always give you one with all the bells and whistles. They want you to see how wonderful they are so you are enticed to upgrade. It actually surprised me the loaner was a 2019 as most loaners at Porsche are the current year to further entice you! In my experience. MOO.

Missing persons create a financial nightmare for their loved ones and business partners. They eventually have to have legally claim abandonment or death, depending on the laws in that state. It's. A sad thing to deal with on top of everything else.

Whether or not one person in the marriage can sell the house really depends on how it is titled. There can be many valid only one is listed on a property. I haven't looked at the county tax records for their house so I don't know.

Edit: It does appear both are listed on the property. That would make selling hard without a POA form previously completed.

Last edited:
So I tested my car. I cannot lock my car with the key fob or the door button if my door is open. Also, If I lock the car and then throw the key back through a open window or sunroof, the alarm goes off. This was surprising and made me panic!! :):pI did not test how long the alarm would sound as I did not want to disturb my neighbors. But maybe that would not be a problem in the area the car was found. I think all alarms turn off eventually.

Whether or not one person in the marriage can sell the house really depends on how it is titled. There can be many valid only one is listed on a property. I haven't looked at the county tax records for their house so I don't know.

Edit: It does appear both are listed on the property. That would make selling hard without a POA form previously completed.

I read my POA. I live in Pennsylvania so I am sure they vary state to state. Mine indicates a physician must declare me disabled or incapacitated. Which is what most people would want I believe. So would a title company accept POA without a physicians certificate. We have not heard anything from LE that they have sufficient evidence to determine Alan is deceased. Unless LE provided this to the family and are keeping it quiet for some reason.

The house is in both their names. It is a beautiful home, a bit to much white for me. Does Rusty work? Did they depend more on Alan's income to pay bills? I understand that this may be the only option for Rusty, on the other hand it leads me to believe he/they somehow know Alan is not returning. I, imo, think there was something more that caused Rusty to immediately go looking for him. Something that when it's made public, I'll nod my head.

So I tested my car. I cannot lock my car with the key fob or the door button if my door is open. Also, If I lock the car and then throw the key back through a open window or sunroof, the alarm goes off. This was surprising and made me panic!! :):pI did not test how long the alarm would sound as I did not want to disturb my neighbors. But maybe that would not be a problem in the area the car was found. I think all alarms turn off eventually.
That’s very interesting. Thanks. Can you call your car dealer and see how it could happen? Maybe I’m too vested in this

Another thought if the loaner had ventilated leather seats, I would think they would be ruined if there was a lot of water in the car due to windows, sunroof being left open during rain or being washed. There are little holes in the seat for the cool air. In my experience with loaners, they always give you one with all the bells and whistles. They want you to see how wonderful they are so you are enticed to upgrade. It actually surprised me the loaner was a 2019 as most loaners at Porsche are the current year to further entice you! In my experience. MOO.
Thought it was 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member