Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA Curiousobserver. I just feel like the family knows what’s happened. Everything went radio silent so fast. From LE, and the family. I don’t know what more we can discuss but all the things we have discussed don’t seem to be being investigated actively...as far as we know, of course. And it all seemed to turn when LE changed Alan’s status from “want to locate” to “missing endangered” (loosely paraphrasing) after the family gave LE info that’s never been released.

To me that leans more toward self harm, if only because everything stopped after that. No interviews, no flyers, no media, no searches, etc. I truly mean it when I say I hope he’s off somewhere living his best life, because at least he’d be alive, but I honestly feel he already was living a great life.

And that window of time is so small from when Alan leaves the gas station and should have arrived home...it’s heartbreaking and maddening.

all opinion and speculation, and rehashing...

If you’re out there Alan, just let someone know.

ITA Curiousobserver. I just feel like the family knows what’s happened. Everything went radio silent so fast. From LE, and the family. I don’t know what more we can discuss but all the things we have discussed don’t seem to be being investigated actively...as far as we know, of course. And it all seemed to turn when LE changed Alan’s status from “want to locate” to “missing endangered” (loosely paraphrasing) after the family gave LE info that’s never been released.

To me that leans more toward self harm, if only because everything stopped after that. No interviews, no flyers, no media, no searches, etc. I truly mean it when I say I hope he’s off somewhere living his best life, because at least he’d be alive, but I honestly feel he already was living a great life.

And that window of time is so small from when Alan leaves the gas station and should have arrived home...it’s heartbreaking and maddening.

Wouldn't actions such as posting flyers, arranging searches in the area he was last seen or where the car was found IF safe to do so, spreading the word locally online, etc. still take place even if self harm was suspected? Even if there was a note left? (I'm not saying there was! This is hypothetical. I'm guessing there wasn't, because I don't think this is a self harm scenario.) Because sometimes people change their minds.
All JMO and thoughts. I don't know what to think in this case but wonder if LE has a POI in mind.

Last edited:
Wouldn't actions such as posting flyers, arranging searches in the area he was last seen or where the car was found IF safe to do so, spreading the word locally online, etc. still take place even if self harm was suspected? Even if there was a note left? (I'm not saying there was! This is hypothetical. I'm guessing there wasn't, because I don't think this is a self harm scenario.) Because sometimes people change their minds.
All JMO and thoughts. I don't know what to think in this case but wonder if LE has a POI in mind.
Yes, I absolutely think all of the above should take place but hasn’t! That’s what’s so maddening. Unless the family found a note? Ugh. Would LE keep the case open if that was true ? I don’t really think that but some days it makes the most sense. Pure speculation and MOO.

Here's what's sort of confusing to me:

The distance between the gas station and his home is so small that it seems like it should be possible to figure out where the car went after leaving the gas station. They were clearly checking cameras in the area since we have seen video from the gym and from the gas station. And early on the verified insider told us that they checked the home cameras and the car never appeared on them (don't know if that's been verified by anyone else though). So why not check cameras on businesses in each direction the car could have gone after leaving the gas station and track it that way?

But maybe that's been done and the information just hasn't been released publicly.

Here's what's sort of confusing to me:

The distance between the gas station and his home is so small that it seems like it should be possible to figure out where the car went after leaving the gas station. They were clearly checking cameras in the area since we have seen video from the gym and from the gas station. And early on the verified insider told us that they checked the home cameras and the car never appeared on them (don't know if that's been verified by anyone else though). So why not check cameras on businesses in each direction the car could have gone after leaving the gas station and track it that way?

But maybe that's been done and the information just hasn't been released publicly.

Local Dallas reporter Alex Rozier reported more footage was seen, I'll see if I can find it. It's probably buried somewhere in these threads.

Last edited:
Found it!

https://twitter.com/RozierReports/status/1324413633816895489

- - -

#New "The family tells me after pumping gas the businessman drive off the lot, thru Church’s Chicken, Auto Zone, and then north on Inwood toward his house."

"Alan makes a decision to linger one more time before leaving the RaceTrac lot but in a different section of it. Alan drives 100 feet from the RaceTrac gas pump to Church's Chicken next door and lingers there<>Security cameras then capture Alan leaving the Church's parking lot, turning right onto Inwood in the correct direction of his house at approximately 6:05 a.m."

"This next piece of evidence is critical. As stated above, security cameras captured Alan turning right onto Inwood from the Church's parking lot in the direction of his house. But 4-5 blocks along Inwood Road is the intersection with Lemmon Avenue. There's a CVS Drug Store at this intersection. Security cameras at the CVS did not pick up any sight of Alan's car reaching that intersection. Traffic was minimal at that early hour and every car is clearly visible on the camera, except Alan's car never appears."

Found it!

- - -

#New "The family tells me after pumping gas the businessman drive off the lot, thru Church’s Chicken, Auto Zone, and then north on Inwood toward his house."

"Alan makes a decision to linger one more time before leaving the RaceTrac lot but in a different section of it. Alan drives 100 feet from the RaceTrac gas pump to Church's Chicken next door and lingers there<>Security cameras then capture Alan leaving the Church's parking lot, turning right onto Inwood in the correct direction of his house at approximately 6:05 a.m."

"This next piece of evidence is critical. As stated above, security cameras captured Alan turning right onto Inwood from the Church's parking lot in the direction of his house. But 4-5 blocks along Inwood Road is the intersection with Lemmon Avenue. There's a CVS Drug Store at this intersection. Security cameras at the CVS did not pick up any sight of Alan's car reaching that intersection. Traffic was minimal at that early hour and every car is clearly visible on the camera, except Alan's car never appears."

Wow thank you for this great info. It's literally like his car vanished off the highway. I will have to go back and look at some of the wonderful maps that were put together as far as the route goes to see whether there were places to turn before then or places where he could've been carjacked at a stop sign. So obviously he drove away from the gas station towards home.

Found it!

- - -

Something keeps nagging me about him lingering in the Church's Chicken parking lot. Could he have arranged to pick someone up there and have them drop him off somewhere and then they parked the car? I'm just speculating here and of course this is just my opinion.

Found it!

- - -

Any banks in that area?

Wow thank you for this great info. It's literally like his car vanished off the highway. I will have to go back and look at some of the wonderful maps that were put together as far as the route goes to see whether there were places to turn before then or places where he could've been carjacked at a stop sign. So obviously he drove away from the gas station towards home.

"lingering",,,is there a reason for that? Was he looking/waiting for someone.

I agree, where could he have gone after turning on to Inwood rd? Did he spot who he was looking for and pull over? Turn on to a side street?

That is so weird, cause he's so close to home.

He wasn't shown driving past the CVS, so likely he turned off before getting that far - it's only 0.9 miles from RaceTrac to CVS, about 3 minutes in minimal traffic and he didn't even get to the CVS, so an even shorter span of time. What happened after RaceTrac/Church's? Lots of apartments in that area.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.28.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.28.36 PM.png
    522 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.29.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.29.19 PM.png
    828.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.32.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 5.32.00 PM.png
    825.8 KB · Views: 79
Found it!

- - -

Thanks for this, I hadn't seen it.

That's kind of nuts. So something happened in the 4-5 blocks between Church's and CVS. Either he encountered someone or he took a turn on one of the streets before Lemmon. It looks like those blocks are lined with businesses and restaurants. But maybe none of them have a camera that captures the road.

Alan is not legally dead. That makes the POA valid. Simply being missing does not invalidate the POA.

I have a POA for an elderly relative who is now mentally incapable. I've never had to submit proof she is alive to use the POA when dealing with a third party on her behalf.
Correct, I never had to show Proof of life either when signing anything with the POA.

Found it!

- - -

Oh WOW !!
I haven't seen this yet.
So a little bit more of a window of time frame he may have gone missing.
So something happened between that short time, whether he turned down another road or into another parking lot.
This is just crazy.

He wasn't shown driving past the CVS, so likely he turned off before getting that far - it's only 0.9 miles from RaceTrac to CVS, about 3 minutes in minimal traffic and he didn't even get to the CVS, so an even shorter span of time. What happened after RaceTrac/Church's? Lots of apartments in that area.
Apartments and restaurants all over that area.
Question--to get home, would he turn at the intersection by CVS or go straight through it ??
If he normally would turn, maybe he cut down side road to avoid busier intersection to have to turn, especially if he had to turn left.
I do that so I dont have to wait for all the traffic to go thru before I can turn left, especially when there is not left turn signal on stop light.

This may be a silly question, but if the family learned that AW is, say, happy with a new life, would we even know? Other than NAMUS profile being removed.
NOPE--we probably would not know for 100% sure.
We could speculate it but family and LE would not have to share that info.

If he normally would turn, maybe he cut down side road to avoid busier intersection to have to turn, especially if he had to turn left.
I do that so I dont have to wait for all the traffic to go thru before I can turn left, especially when there is not left turn signal on stop light.

It was 6am though, definitely not a busy time. Who knows though. Anything is possible. My husband and I both have Life 360, shows turn by turn GPS where we've been and stored in the cloud. As long as we have our phones with us it will show the GPS locations. Can never be too careful, especially as someone who reads here and is always following MP cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member