Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way law enforcement has not yet received info from cell phone warrant app data. This, along with the silence, and lack of searches, suggests to me that they might know where he is.....
Did anyone ever check Alans other house?

My opinion only.
And with lack of searches and silence from family....kind of tells me he left on his own.
I mean, if his body was found, we would know, right ??? from news media??
And if searches were being made, we would know, I would think.
No searches, LE more than likely has phone records, complete silence from family, no searches.
leads me to think one thing

And with lack of searches and silence from family....kind of tells me he left on his own.
I mean, if his body was found, we would know, right ??? from news media??
And if searches were being made, we would know, I would think.
No searches, LE more than likely has phone records, complete silence from family, no searches.
leads me to think one thing
I've thought the same thing since day one, ie., that he decided to leave on his own. Maybe investigators and family know this and that would explain the no searches and no activity. He could have contacted LE and let them know that he voluntarily left of his own free will. JMO

It could be this, or it could also be that the family has learned more about the circumstances that led to his disappearance and would rather not tarnish his reputation (e.g., a random hookup) by sharing those facts. I imagine that we'll never know.

I’m inclined to think the family knows or has good reasons to suspect where he is. They’re not under any obligation to inform us. I think all we know is that his body has not been recovered*. I don’t know what I would do in this situation, of course, but I believe I’d do similar. We’re a private family. We’re the weird family who opts-out of media permission for school, camp, etc. and who doesn’t allow Grandma to post pix online, regardless of privacy settings. If my spouse chose to leave, or if the search (for a living and healthy person) turned up sensitive info, I’d probably keep quiet.

I think this gets lost: preference for privacy doesn’t mean any less effort and doesn’t mean any less care for the missing person. MOO.

* Based on lack of news and presence on NAMUS.

I've thought the same thing since day one, ie., that he decided to leave on his own. Maybe investigators and family know this and that would explain the no searches and no activity. He could have contacted LE and let them know that he voluntarily left of his own free will. JMO
But if he contacted someone wouldn’t he be taken off of NAMUS?

I'm not sure about the theory you guys are proposing (that they have evidence he's alive) but just to go along with it -
What would LE typically do if they found out someone in a case like this was indeed alive yet had not contacted family and was refusing to speak with LE? Would they just stay silent and keep the case open, since technically they can't verify that the person is well / safe?
Is that the theory?

I'm not sure about the theory you guys are proposing (that they have evidence he's alive) but just to go along with it -
What would LE typically do if they found out someone in a case like this was indeed alive yet had not contacted family and was refusing to speak with LE? Would they just stay silent and keep the case open, since technically they can't verify that the person is well / safe?
Is that the theory?
I have followed other cases where LE has notified the family the subject has been found unharmed, but do not wish contact.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is that the theory?

If he was located and left of his own volition, law enforcement would notify the family. They would tell the family for example: “we have located Alan and he if fine, however, he does not want any contact with the family at this time.”

Last edited:
YEPPERS !!
I honestly, did not think that at the beginning, but I do now.
I have been following a lot of missing persons cases and even if they think their loved one is no longer alive, the searches are weekly, if not more and they are very vocal about searching and on SM.
Yet, we have no searches here and total silence from family asking for help.

The only thing that throws a cog into the theory that AW left on his own is that his niece was visiting him at the time he disappeared, in prep for her wedding, from what we know about him, it seems like the least likely time he would choose to separate himself from his family.

One other thought, a PI was said to have been hired within a few days of his disappearance, I wonder how long he worked on the case and if he found any info at all. Maybe if he did find something/came to some conclusions, it's why there haven't been any searches.

forgive my rambles..
I also keep thinking about the family visit, its such an absurd time to end a chapter of your life.. that's so traumatizing to your loved ones.. at least wait until they leave so they are left with fond memories? I dont know.
with that said though, maybe some people leave their life behind on impulse instead of an entire premeditated scenario.
Like its something that's been building up, you've been fantasizing about.. and then bam! some random thing is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I hate to draw the parallel, but that's often what suicide is like.
moo

Is that the theory?

Here's how Lowell, MI PD handled a similar situation in Komal's case. BBM
MI - MI - Komal Saxena, 36, Lowell, 07 Jan 2021

Lowell PD: Woman reported missing is out of state | WOODTV.com
  • ...she has been using her debit card in San Diego...
  • ...received reports from local businesses of her shopping ...she acted normal, made typical purchases and didn’t ask for help.
  • ...are no longer actively investigating the situation because she is out of state and they have done everything they can.
  • ...case will remain open until they talk to Saxena or confirm her status with another law enforcement agency.

The only thing that throws a cog into the theory that AW left on his own is that his niece was visiting him at the time he disappeared, in prep for her wedding, from what we know about him, it seems like the least likely time he would choose to separate himself from his family.

One other thought, a PI was said to have been hired within a few days of his disappearance, I wonder how long he worked on the case and if he found any info at all. Maybe if he did find something/came to some conclusions, it's why there haven't been any searches.
This could also be a time of greater than normal stress for a person. This stress could hasten a decision to commit suicide, walk away, self medicate, etc.
Not saying if that is what happened, or blaming Alan in any way, but add additional stress on top of normal stress - and different people react differently.

YEPPERS !!
I honestly, did not think that at the beginning, but I do now.
I have been following a lot of missing persons cases and even if they think their loved one is no longer alive, the searches are weekly, if not more and they are very vocal about searching and on SM.
Yet, we have no searches here and total silence from family asking for help.

Unless you are the family of Suzanne Morphew. *eyeroll*

I suppose it does happen, but like someone said above, I just can't see him doing anything like leaving or suiciding while his niece was in town planning her wedding. I know suicide can make someone severely depressed feel like a bother to their families, but then why would he invite her out to Dallas to stay with him, if he was having feelings about ending his life? That makes no sense.

I also don't believe he just left behind everything for a new life. Why? Why would he stage it in such a way, and not just leave and take his car with him? Why stage it to look like he had been kidnapped or something terrible had happened? Again, why do that when you've invited your adored niece over to Dallas to help her with wedding plans AND she's staying with you? Alan just does not seem like the type of person to do such a thing, from the little we do know about him.

It is indeed strange that the family is so silent, but that makes me question possible involvement by someone close to him, more than that they know he's alive and are being secretive. (Highly possible I'm just a pessimist and/or have seen too many of these cases where a family member was absolutely involved).

And agreed, his name would surely be taken off of NAMUS if he had been found alive. Or?

I suppose it does happen, but like someone said above, I just can't see him doing anything like leaving or suiciding while his niece was in town planning her wedding. I know suicide can make someone severely depressed feel like a bother to their families, but then why would he invite her out to Dallas to stay with him, if he was having feelings about ending his life? That makes no sense.

I also don't believe he just left behind everything for a new life. Why? Why would he stage it in such a way, and not just leave and take his car with him? Why stage it to look like he had been kidnapped or something terrible had happened? Again, why do that when you've invited your adored niece over to Dallas to help her with wedding plans AND she's staying with you? Alan just does not seem like the type of person to do such a thing, from the little we do know about him.

It is indeed strange that the family is so silent, but that makes me question possible involvement by someone close to him, more than that they know he's alive and are being secretive. (Highly possible I'm just a pessimist and/or have seen too many of these cases where a family member was absolutely involved).

And agreed, his name would surely be taken off of NAMUS if he had been found alive. Or?
I have to agree. I just don’t get the feeling that he just left in any way and that they know this. I have gotten the feeling LE was onto something, investigating and maybe they have told the family to keep quiet. But I’m worried that nothing is happening. He seems like such a nice person. I really hope it’s not going cold.

I agree with you that it doesn't seem likely he voluntarily walked away on that day in that way.

No, NamUs does not necessarily take down cases when someone is located, though. I believe sometimes it's inadvertent, sometimes for investigative reasons. That is just my opinion. (For example, Paul Fronczak is still up in NamUs.)

I agree with you that it doesn't seem likely he voluntarily walked away on that day in that way.

No, NamUs does not necessarily take down cases when someone is located, though. I believe sometimes it's inadvertent, sometimes for investigative reasons. That is just my opinion. (For example, Paul Fronczak is still up in NamUs.)
It could be lack of resources, catching up too IWT?

from what we know about him, it seems like the least likely time he would choose to separate himself from his family.

But that's just it. We don't know him. At all. We only know what is being said about him. And all of that may be true - but that doesn't mean there isn't something more to him. Having said that, I don't think he left voluntarily. I just want to add that there is usually more to someone than what is released. In many cases, we often see the "perfect couple", or hear "he was such a nice, responsible, quiet guy", etc. - Only to find out later there are cracks in the veneer, so to speak. No one is perfect. When people here say things like "He just doesn't seem to be the type to: fill in the blank", it's crazy to me because we.do.not.know.him. We may think we know people based on news reports, but we have no clue about the dynamics of their relationships and lives, their pasts, their difficulties, their finances, their mental health, etc. We just don't. I'm always very cautious to assume I know the MO of anyone - even based on what their families say. I've been surprised at so many cases, and it has taught be to be more open and to never assume anything. Again, having said all this, I don't think he left on his own, but who knows at this point.

Last edited:
It could be lack of resources, catching up too IWT?

True in some cases.
Though the PF case is high profile and surely has a small team assigned to wrap it up?
AW's case has received some press, too, IMO. I assume they are still working actively on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13