Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. I just don’t get the feeling that he just left in any way and that they know this. I have gotten the feeling LE was onto something, investigating and maybe they have told the family to keep quiet. But I’m worried that nothing is happening. He seems like such a nice person. I really hope it’s not going cold.

But WHY? In what circumstance would LE say "do not search, do not have vigils, do not post on SM, do not put up flyers, do not talk to anyone about anything!" Can any of you think of any cases where this has happened, and enlighten me as to why LE would tell family and friends to act as though nothing ever happened?

But WHY? In what circumstance would LE say "do not search, do not have vigils, do not post on SM, do not put up flyers, do not talk to anyone about anything!" Can any of you think of any cases where this has happened, and enlighten me as to why LE would tell family and friends to act as though nothing ever happened?
I can't think of any cases. Even when Sam Koenig had been abducted by Israel Keyes- there was a point where her Dad knew a ransom had been made. He appeared on camera and at vigils the whole time before she was found, pleading for information and her safe return, never letting on what was happening behind the scenes. I was gobsmacked when all the details came out.

Here we are six months later and don't know any more than when we started? The only clue which tells me Alan may not be coming home, is the sale of the house. Beyond that, we're still in the dark.

That’s a good point. I don’t know why LE would tell them to keep quiet. They probably wouldn’t. Sigh. Maybe some families are just quieter and don’t feel comfortable being public. Maybe there are just things about their lives or his they don’t want in the public and they’re just relying on LE/PI’s to find him? I don’t know why I don’t get the feeling he left, but I just don’t. But as you said, we don’t know a lot about him. Every single time a missing person turns out to be missing voluntarily, I am gobsmacked. Every single time. I always think this person wouldn’t do that. But it happens. I hope that’s the case here. I really do!

Unless you are the family of Suzanne Morphew. *eyeroll*

I suppose it does happen, but like someone said above, I just can't see him doing anything like leaving or suiciding while his niece was in town planning her wedding. I know suicide can make someone severely depressed feel like a bother to their families, but then why would he invite her out to Dallas to stay with him, if he was having feelings about ending his life? That makes no sense.

I also don't believe he just left behind everything for a new life. Why? Why would he stage it in such a way, and not just leave and take his car with him? Why stage it to look like he had been kidnapped or something terrible had happened? Again, why do that when you've invited your adored niece over to Dallas to help her with wedding plans AND she's staying with you? Alan just does not seem like the type of person to do such a thing, from the little we do know about him.

It is indeed strange that the family is so silent, but that makes me question possible involvement by someone close to him, more than that they know he's alive and are being secretive. (Highly possible I'm just a pessimist and/or have seen too many of these cases where a family member was absolutely involved).

And agreed, his name would surely be taken off of NAMUS if he had been found alive. Or?
HA!! so true about Suzanne's case

I wasn't really thinking suicide, but more just leaving and starting over however, now that I have said that a few times, I think I am back to something nefarious happened to him.

Apparently, I now have changed my opinion again. UGH

I can't think of any cases. Even when Sam Koenig had been abducted by Israel Keyes- there was a point where her Dad knew a ransom had been made. He appeared on camera and at vigils the whole time before she was found, pleading for information and her safe return, never letting on what was happening behind the scenes. I was gobsmacked when all the details came out.

Here we are six months later and don't know any more than when we started? The only clue which tells me Alan may not be coming home, is the sale of the house. Beyond that, we're still in the dark.

Must be the new trend-- when a loved one goes missing, family sells the home they lived in.

BM sold several properties while Suzanne has been missing.
Now Alan's family has sold his home.

Just thinking out loud here as I am so confused about what happened to Alan and where he could be !!!

Must be the new trend-- when a loved one goes missing, family sells the home they lived in.

BM sold several properties while Suzanne has been missing.
Now Alan's family has sold his home.

Just thinking out loud here as I am so confused about what happened to Alan and where he could be !!!
I think that Alan's home was probably sold out of necessity because Rusty didn't have the funds to continue to pay the mortgage whereas Suzanne's home was paid off. Barry seems to be consolidating all of his monies somewhere for some reason. Only he (and perhaps his lawyer) know the reasons why.

The only thing that I can think of as to the sudden silence with Alan's family is that the search warrants came through with Alan's phone, and the police were able to pinpoint a suspect. They may know that Alan is deceased and who the likely suspect is and are watching and waiting to nab the person.

Remember, in the beginning, Alan's mother and Alan's husband, did do a news conference. The family did hire a private investigator. Alan's brother went to Dallas to meet with detectives on the case. They were very interested and very active in the beginning. I have to think that they were given information and told to sit back and wait until the time is right.

I could be wrong and all this is just my speculation. I just hope justice is served in this case. Alan just seemed like such a nice person. My heart goes out to his family.

Remember, in the beginning, Alan's mother and Alan's husband, did do a news conference. The family did hire a private investigator. Alan's brother went to Dallas to meet with detectives on the case. They were very interested and very active in the beginning. I have to think that they were given information and told to sit back and wait until the time is right.

I could be wrong and all this is just my speculation. I just hope justice is served in this case. Alan just seemed like such a nice person. My heart goes out to his family.
BBM- and he was going to appear on a missing person's talk show. He never appeared on the show and after he went to Dallas, everything got quiet. So I think you're right.

I think that Alan's home was probably sold out of necessity because Rusty didn't have the funds to continue to pay the mortgage whereas Suzanne's home was paid off. Barry seems to be consolidating all of his monies somewhere for some reason. Only he (and perhaps his lawyer) know the reasons why.

The only thing that I can think of as to the sudden silence with Alan's family is that the search warrants came through with Alan's phone, and the police were able to pinpoint a suspect. They may know that Alan is deceased and who the likely suspect is and are watching and waiting to nab the person.

The one piece that’s been caught in my craw is what did the family tell LE that made LE change Alan’s case from Wanting to Locate to Missing Endangered? I think that’s a huge part of this. MOO

The only thing that throws a cog into the theory that AW left on his own is that his niece was visiting him at the time he disappeared, in prep for her wedding, from what we know about him, it seems like the least likely time he would choose to separate himself from his family.

One other thought, a PI was said to have been hired within a few days of his disappearance, I wonder how long he worked on the case and if he found any info at all. Maybe if he did find something/came to some conclusions, it's why there haven't been any searches.

I had the same thought you did. Would AW leave when family was there. But then I realized that maybe having family there made it easier to leave because he knew someone would be at the house with his husband. Logical? No...but we already know that actions are not always logical.

IMO

The one piece that’s been caught in my craw is what did the family tell LE that made LE change Alan’s case from Wanting to Locate to Missing Endangered? I think that’s a huge part of this. MOO

If LE made the change before they met with the family, I would tend think more along the lines of them finding evidence on his phone or in the truck. However because it's something the family told LE, I assume it would be something of a more personal nature - Mental health, drugs, DV, medical, risky behavior, finding his journal (could be passsages about Alan wanting to leave/being depressed/suicidal thoughts/meeting someone etc.), maybe a friend came forward with sensitive information for the family.. Could be a lot of things. Of course, I wish we knew!

If LE made the change before they met with the family, I would tend think more along the lines of them finding evidence on his phone or in the truck. However because it's something the family told LE, I assume it would be something of a more personal nature - Mental health, drugs, DV, medical, risky behavior, finding his journal (could be passsages about Alan wanting to leave/being depressed/suicidal thoughts/meeting someone etc.), maybe a friend came forward with sensitive information for the family.. Could be a lot of things. Of course, I wish we knew!

That’s along the lines I’m thinking, and kind of have thought all along. That the family had reason to be afraid of self harm, etc., something along those lines. It’s always felt after the family interview that they knew “something”, enough to sell the house, maybe? Or they know he left on his own.

Anyway it’s sad because I personally don’t think Alan ran off to a new life, but I hope he did. YKWIM?

MOO speculation etc

That’s along the lines I’m thinking, and kind of have thought all along. That the family had reason to be afraid of self harm, etc., something along those lines. It’s always felt after the family interview that they knew “something”, enough to sell the house, maybe? Or they know he left on his own.

Anyway it’s sad because I personally don’t think Alan ran off to a new life, but I hope he did. YKWIM?

MOO speculation etc
This line of thinking does make a lot of sense. While the house was sold, didn’t we find out the new condo was bought with Alan’s name on the deed? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking that he’ll come back or maybe there’s good reason to think he can and just might return? I really hope so.

This line of thinking does make a lot of sense. While the house was sold, didn’t we find out the new condo was bought with Alan’s name on the deed? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking that he’ll come back or maybe there’s good reason to think he can and just might return? I really hope so.
I wonder if Alan’s name on the deed could be because he hasn’t been declared dead, and they’re married, so assets would need to still be in both names until there’s a resolution one way or another? Just thinking out loud. I have no clue.

I wonder if Alan’s name on the deed could be because he hasn’t been declared dead, and they’re married, so assets would need to still be in both names until there’s a resolution one way or another? Just thinking out loud. I have no clue.

No clue either. But there was/is a whole legal niche industry devoted to patching together marriage-like arrangements to protect same-sex couples’ assets prior to the recent federal recognition of same. It gets very complicated, particularly for higher net-worth individuals. It gets even more complicated when trying to reduce potential liability, tax and otherwise. I’m guessing that the property records in this case are intentionally titled for well-researched reasons. JMO.

You can not fault relatives for Selling his house. It's a big burden for a family to take on someone's mortgage when they probably have their own. I am surprised I kept the house as long as they did. It's expensive to a run a house that most likely depended on Alan's salary. It's not unusual for families to give up apartments or sell homes of the missing. If they come back they can buy or rent again.

You can not fault relatives for Selling his house. It's a big burden for a family to take on someone's mortgage when they probably have their own. I am surprised I kept the house as long as they did. It's expensive to a run a house that most likely depended on Alan's salary. It's not unusual for families to give up apartments or sell homes of the missing. If they come back they can buy or rent again.
Exactly. They likely didn't have a choice.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Do we know if the house was searched? I know the apparent crime didn't take place there but there could have been be evidence there. Did the police ask AW's husband if they could search the home?

Good question. I don't believe this has ever been addressed in any of the MSM reports on the case.

Do we know if the house was searched? I know the apparent crime didn't take place there but there could have been be evidence there. Did the police ask AW's husband if they could search the home?
Did the neighborhood house cams reveal AW's car returning back to his house? I thought not?

Did the neighborhood house cams reveal AW's car returning back to his house? I thought not?

Not replying for them. But sometimes things at the home might point where someone might have ended up. The most obvious being a diary, or some other documents, hidden items etc.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member