Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article from yesterday gives a better idea of where his body was found:

Possible Human Remains Found Near Paul Quinn College In Dallas
The remains were found were in a wooded area the 5500 block of Bishop College Drive. Police said they received a 911 call from a land surveyor about the remains at around 12:45 p.m.

This location also aligns with the following incident location from Dallas OpenData (Incident #: 083593-2021): BISHOP COLLEGE DR & KEYRIDGE DR

https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Police-Incidents/qv6i-rri7

Google Maps

google-maps.png

The remains were found were in a wooded area the 5500 block of Bishop College Drive. Police said they received a 911 call from a land surveyor about the remains at around 12:45 p.m.

This location also aligns with the following incident location from Dallas OpenData (Incident #: 083593-2021): BISHOP COLLEGE DR & KEYRIDGE DR

Google Maps

View attachment 297266
Thus it appears the body was found in or near the eastern edge of local park known as College Park. Did Mr. White meet someone at this park that morn?

Thanks for the notated map. Considering Alan had a conference call scheduled at 7:00 - 7:30 that morning, I do doubt that he would plan to meet someone such a distance from his home, esp. with his niece/her fiancé visiting and his husband expecting him around 6:15 or so (when R started worrying and calling/texting him).
Exactly.
I still wonder if this was someone associated to the gym. Time will tell.

amateur opinion and speculation

I hope it doesn’t come back as inconclusive.
Mee too.
If it will be proven to be self harm then the family can finally begin to heal knowing it was his wish and his choice.

If it was murder then hopefully there is some kind of useful evidence left on AW’s clothes which will help nail the responsible party(s).

Woke up to this sad news in my Google news app. Condolences to Alan’s sweet family!

Especially since it is clear that Alan’s brother still believes this is foul play, I can’t help feeling annoyed with LE (and perhaps the private investigators advising the family) that if there had been more organized searches, answers may have come much sooner (and with a higher probability of obtaining forensic evidence and conclusive results on cause of death). This was walking distance from Kitty Street and should have been searched. JMO

RIP Alan.

I don't want to think it, but I can't shake the idea that Alan arrainged to meet someone that morning in that general location of the park. I suspect whatever information is on his phone, gps, google location history, app usage, etc., already narrowed it down, and LE have a much clearer picture of what happened, just maybe not the who, or the how, yet.

jmo

Google Maps

View attachment 297266

The post about meeting at College Park could make sense. Where the vehicle was found (Simpson Stuart & Bonnie View) in relation to his body, also makes more sense now too.

The location is roughly 14 miles from RaceTrac on Inwood road. So now can we make sense of his turn out of RaceTrac onto Inwood and not being seen at the CVS on Lemmon? I would appreciate a local's guidance on a possible route.

I'm also keeping in mind, he could have met someone down the street from RaceTrac, and the car and Alan's body were taken to North Dallas to throw off the investigation.

As I've said all along, I do not feel this is self harm. Alan met someone and ended up dead, however that happened.

Google Maps

Google Maps

The post about meeting at College Park could make sense. Where the vehicle was found (Simpson Stuart & Bonnie View) in relation to his body, also makes more sense now too.

The location is roughly 14 miles from RaceTrac on Inwood road. So now can we make sense of his turn out of RaceTrac onto Inwood and not being seen at the CVS on Lemmon? I would appreciate a local's guidance on a possible route.

I'm also keeping in mind, he could have met someone down the street from RaceTrac, and the car and Alan's body were taken to North Dallas to throw off the investigation.

As I've said all along, I do not feel this is self harm. Alan met someone and ended up dead, however that happened.

Google Maps

Google Maps
If he met someone I’m thinking he met them closer to the RT and home. The reason is that he already went to the gym which is more downtown/central Dallas, then he went back north to the RT closer to home, so why would he go back north to get gas if he were going to go back through downtown to meet someone in South Dallas? Makes no sense to me, so I think he met someone somewhere off Inwood closer to home IF he met anyone at all.

I also still think it’s possible it was random and he was carjacked on the way home from RT and it went wrong in the car, the perp panicked and drove to South Dallas, dumped body and then car in Kitty lot, and just got the heck out of the situation. I get that carjackers want the car, not the person, and it would be stupid to take a dead body with them in the stolen car, but perps can be really stupid. If somehow he was killed as they carjacked him, maybe it was too dangerous to dump a body into the road so they panicked and fled.

Last edited:
I don't want to think it, but I can't shake the idea that Alan arrainged to meet someone that morning in that general location of the park. I suspect whatever information is on his phone, gps, google location history, app usage, etc., already narrowed it down, and LE have a much clearer picture of what happened, just maybe not the who, or the how, yet.

jmo
I agree. Would it make sense for him to park at that gas station and walk to the park? Is there a closer place to park? Did they meet elsewhere and his body was put there? So many questions. MOO

jmo

I agree. Would it make sense for him to park at that gas station and walk to the park? Is there a closer place to park? Did they meet elsewhere and his body was put there? So many questions. MOO

Are you guys talking about the park in North Dallas by the RT or the park by the college/woods in South Dallas where he was found?

Here is a map show proximity of area where body is said to have been found to parking lot of park and to vacant lot off Kitty St. where Mr. White's car was found a week or so after he turned up missing. Mr. White's remains were recovered only around 2/3 of one mile from his vehicle.

Potential scenarios:
a) Was Mr. White taken nearer his home such as in a carjacking, and his body dumped by someone in woods at secluded terminus of Bishop College Drive and his car then dumped off Kitty St.? If so, perp would be someone who knows the area well. But if a carjacking, why dump the car? Or
b) had Mr. White visited park and hiked the 200-300 yards from parking lot to where his body was found, his car subsequently driven by perp to Kitty St. and dumped (perhaps in hope park would not then be searched, body found? It would seem Mr. White hadn't time for this that morn. And what would be motive for killer?
c) or had Mr. White left his car off Kitty St., keys in it, and walked to the park, which I'd think would have to be considered a suicide scenario?

I'd think (c) is rather unlikely, (a) non-sensical but possible, (b) more likely but still not conforming with his schedule that morn.

This baffling, sad case is hard to figure. Anyone have other scenarios?
college-park-google-maps-png.297295

Attachments

• College-Park-Google-Maps.png
    College-Park-Google-Maps.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Here is a map show proximity of area where body is said to have been found to parking lot of park and to vacant lot off Kitty St. where Mr. White's car was found a week or so after he turned up missing. Mr. White's remains were recovered only around 2/3 of one mile from his vehicle.
college-park-google-maps-png.297295
Thank you for the map. This one is much easier to see where everything is. If he was meeting someone at the park or in that general area, I wonder why he wouldn’t have parked in that closer parking lot that you have shown in red. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState