Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm terrible with direction. Is Kitty street (where his rental was located) considered NW of the campus of Paul Quinn College?

Here's the mapped locations -
Google Maps

Dallas police said that a survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains in a wooded area to the northwest of the southeast Oak Cliff campus about 12:30pm on Thursday.

Such a tragic end to what appears to be a very loving man who contributed so much to the people around him. I'm thinking of his loved ones tonight. The finality is very heartbreaking even though this was the most likely outcome.

I have been on the campus of Paul Quinn College and can visualize the wooded area. I'm wondering how he ended up there? A random person carjacked Alan and killed him right then and put his body in the car and drove to Paul Quinn College with his body then drove a mile and dumped the car? That sounds really bizarre. Why kill him at all? Just rob him and take the vehicle. If killing him, why not shoot him and leave him there? It's just confusing to me on why the moving of the body and then dumping the car. So much extra work for what? I sure hope they left plenty of evidence and the perp(s) are caught soon.

Ps I am also thinking of the persons who found Alan. They must be hurting tonight too. But I'm glad they did find him so he can be put to rest in a loving way.

All MOO
I was thinking he was probably killed at or near the Paul Quinn area. JMO.

Oh no. I was so hoping he just walked away and started some amazing new life somewhere. This is awful. His poor husband and niece.
I did as well however I also felt he would not miss out on the wedding plans with his niece and that's what kept me thinking foul play. I'm heartbroken for his family.

I am guessing he died the same day he went missing. I note this only because I am somewhat surprised that he was identified so quickly. Seven months outside, in Dallas humidity, and he was still identifiable.

He was located less than one mile from where his car was found. I find that location interesting because people had said the location of his car was not a good area. Is the area around the college a better area (for those of you who are local)?

I am guessing he died the same day he went missing. I note this only because I am somewhat surprised that he was identified so quickly. Seven months outside, in Dallas humidity, and he was still identifiable.

He was located less than one mile from where his car was found. I find that location interesting because people had said the location of his car was not a good area. Is the area around the college a better area (for those of you who are local)?
I agree that he was murdered on the same day that he went missing. I'm assuming that they used dental records to make a positive ID.

Very sad but expected, IMO. Now, let's find his killer.

JMO.

Could be. But the lingering, possibly texting or app use, was coincidental with his disappearance, so may well be linked. LE presumably would know by now if he was using an app like grindr at the time, but they keep details under wraps.

There are numerous examples of horrific outcomes arising from use of grindr. Here is one in Texas this year: Houston police charge man with murder for using Grindr to rob and strangle victim

Here's an aerial view showing where Mr. White's loaner vehicle was found. Presumably, the nearby woods have been thoroughly searched...
kitty-st-google-maps-png.294891
Perhaps the woods near the car were not thoroughly searched after all. Too far from car to search, I suppose.

Last edited:
Human Remains Identified as Missing Dallas Man Alan White

“Between all of us it was this relief, not knowing what happened in the last 7-months that was probably the hardest part," said Tim White, Alan's brother.

“I want to know not only who did this but the why, why did someone put it on themselves to take him off this earth, it doesn’t make any sense," said Tim White.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner later positively identified the remains as James Alan White. The cause of death is still undetermined.

Here's the mapped locations -
Google Maps

Dallas police said that a survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains in a wooded area to the northwest of the southeast Oak Cliff campus about 12:30pm on Thursday.
Here is an aerial image/map showing wooded area northwest of the Paul Quinn campus. This seems to be the woods where Mr. White's body was found. It seems unlikely he'd leave the car in the vacant lot off Kitty St. and then walk to the wooded area. I'd think there is a fair chance he met someone that morn, quite possibly at local park known as College Park (see map) in the parking lot, was overcome/killed in nearby woods, car then dumped off Kitty St. (Bonnie View to Persimmon to Kitty, like a 1 minute drive) away from crime scene...
paulquinncampus-png.297262

Attachments

• PaulQuinnCampus.png
    PaulQuinnCampus.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 694
Here is an aerial image/map showing wooded area northwest of the Paul Quinn campus. This seems to be the woods where Mr. White's body was found. It seems unlikely he'd leave the car in the vacant lot off Kitty St. and then walk to the wooded area. I'd think there is a fair chance he met someone that morn, quite possibly at local park known as College Park (see map) in the parking lot, was overcome/killed in nearby woods, car then dumped off Kitty St. (Bonnie View to Persimmon to Kitty, like a 1 minute drive) away from crime scene...
Really curious why you came up with that park? Out of a bunch of other places, why there?

I am also shocked the body was found so close to the car. What does the location indicate to you all? Is someone familiar with the area? Lives in the area? Or a known location to crime?

Really curious why you came up with that park? Out of a bunch of other places, why there?

I am also shocked the body was found so close to the car. What does the location indicate to you all? Is someone familiar with the area? Lives in the area? Or a known location to crime?
Well, the body is said to have been found in woods northwest of the college, and the park is wooded and lies northwest of the college. A private college campus would be an odd place to meet someone. A public park, with a parking lot, would seem a more likely/logical place. The body was found in the woods, I'd think it more likely Mr. White entered the woods via the park than, say, via the college grounds.

If Mr. White was killed, I'd think it likely the killer knows the area well.

I'm not surprised the body was found not too far from the car. I actually wondered it if was in the woods within yards of the car.

Last edited:
Well, the body is said to have been found in woods northwest of the college, and the park is wooded and lies northwest of the college. A private college campus would be an odd place to meet someone. A public park, with a parking lot, would seem a better place. The body was found in the woods, I'd think it more likely Mr. White entered the woods via the park than, say, via the college grounds.

If Mr. White was killed, I'd think it likely the killer knows the area well.

I'm not surprised the body was found not too far from the car. I actually wondered it if was in the woods within yards of the car.
I appreciate you sharing. I am of the opinion that he may have met someone more near where he was last seen and his body taken to the dump site. I hope this case is solved.

My deepest condolences to his family. Alan truly seemed like a great guy.

Thanks for the notated map. Considering Alan had a conference call scheduled at 7:00 - 7:30 that morning, I do doubt that he would plan to meet someone such a distance from his home, esp. with his niece/her fiancé visiting and his husband expecting him around 6:15 or so (when R started worrying and calling/texting him).

I appreciate you sharing. I am of the opinion that he may have met someone more near where he was last seen and his body taken to the dump site. I hope this case is solved.

My deepest condolences to his family. Alan truly seemed like a great guy.
I'd think it much more likely he met someone near where his body was found. Perhaps the meeting was arranged via internet/app. If so, I'd think the killer, if there is one, will soon be arrested/identified.

Thanks for the notated map. Considering Alan had a conference call scheduled at 7:00 - 7:30 that morning, I do doubt that he would plan to meet someone such a distance from his home, esp. with his niece/her fiancé visiting and his husband expecting him around 6:15 or so (when R started worrying and calling/texting him).
Yeah, that is a point. It seems something curious was going on that morn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette