Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for testing that! It's really helpful that you have the same car.

So one of the statements seems to be untrue: either the keys were not in the car or the car doors were not locked. Obviously inclined to assume the police source saying the keys were in the car is the correct one and maybe the brother accidentally misspoke in the interview.

The keys being in the car is a detail that stands out to me and I am not sure what to make of it.
Now I should add, I am not sure how long the alarm would sound if the keys were toss back in the car. I panicked and quickly disarmed the alarm. The alarm in Alan’s loaner could have gone off and maybe folks in the area would not care. With COVID and everyone working from home I am sure my neighbors would not be happy. I will check my car manual tomorrow to see it is says how long the alarm will go off.

It appears the Macan security system isn't foolproof.

Can Macan security system be hacked ?? I have had 3...
I chuckled when I saw the flat tire part. I just had a flat tire! Anyway, the article also talks about the key fob hibernation on the 21 but I have a 2019 and my fob does that. Which drives me bonkers. So many times I have just needed to run out to my car because I forgot something and unlocked it from inside the house only for it to lock by the time I got there!! I always forget that happens!!

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

Bringing forward the post by VI to clear up possible confusion. The post doesn’t mention the keys.

Seeing this again makes me wonder about the seats being wet and the mud on the tires. It rained the day after Alan went missing? Is the area where the car was found a grassy area? I do not remember this? Was the car left there a day or two after Alan went missing and not the day of?

Seeing this again makes me wonder about the seats being wet and the mud on the tires. It rained the day after Alan went missing? Is the area where the car was found a grassy area? I do not remember this? Was the car left there a day or two after Alan went missing and not the day of?
LE should be able to match the soil on the tires to the area where the remains were left

amateur opinion and speculation

It sounds like up until the 23rd, day after his disappearance it had possibly been dry in the area:

CBSDFW.COM) – Before we talk about the coldest air since last spring that arrived this morning, let’s talk about something also unfamiliar to us of late: rain.
Rainfall this morning was very generous, there was even a flood advisory across the morning for Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties. The storms that come through this morning brought plenty of lightning and gusty winds.

DFW Weather: October Changes Gears, You Change Wardrobes

It appears it then rained again Sunday the 25th through Wednesday morning the 28th with the car being located on the 29th.

It would seem given mud on the tires, the car may not have been parked where it was located until sometime after the storms on the 23rd...JMO

Last edited:
We hear all the time about people going missing and being last seen at a spot, or their car is found, and then eventually a body is found and it’s often within a mile radius of the spot. So why didn’t they organize a search in 7 months to explore all areas within a mile radius of that car? Instead, as so often happens, they wait for some surveyor or power company technician to stumble upon it.
Did LE, family, friends, anyone, do searches anywhere? I would be pressing LE and out there everyday looking for my loved one. MOO

This article, which was posted upthread, has a video that shows the area/lot where the car was left. Secluded and mostly dirt. Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White. I think it's unknown when the car was left there. AW went missing on Oct. 22 and the car was found on Oct. 28. Vehicle located, but 55-year-old Dallas man remains missing | wfaa.com

I for one do not believe this was self harm. His niece was there at the house and they had plans to shop for wedding gowns. He had a day itinerary, and yes many suicides happen with plans for a regular day. I just do not see this as one of them.

ITA legalmomma. The red pin on this satellite image shows where the car was found on Kitty St, and (unfortunately I am google.map challenged so can't pin), his body was found way over to the NE up Bishop College Drive toward College Park. I don't consider that distance close to the car at all. IF it was a suicide, there was plenty of privacy in the bush area where the car was found, and therefore no need for a suicidal person to walk all through the residential areas to the privacy of another bush area way over up Bishop College Drive.

IMO, same goes for a medical emergency. IF he was in his car on Kitty St for whatever reason and had a medical emergency, with his phone and so many residences where he could have sought help, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I suspect Alan was killed where he was found and the car ditched by the killer(s) after the fact .. because I can't see the reverse of a perp killing him where the car was located in the bush area on Kitty St and relocating the body after the fact, through a residential area to another bush area).

(Google is still blocking me from maps for some reason, so hopefully my link to the satellite map works)

Last edited:
We were all curious early on about if the car was locked. I tested my car to see if I could lock it with the keys inside and I could not. Everything I tried did not work. I could not lock the car with the keys inside, even with my spare key. If I kept the windows down, locked it and then threw the keys back in the alarm would go off. I even tried throwing it through the sunroof. So IMO if the keys were inside, it was unlocked.
I know sources said it was locked but I do not know how it was possible.
Edit by me
Do you have a Macan?
If you press the lock button twice in 2 seconds the car is locked but the inside motion sensor disabled. This is designed to be able to leave your pet or child behind for a short time. Your window too will stay in the position you left it, so they can breathe.
I don’t have a Macan, but I have a friend with a dog who has. I’m in the EU, but I don’t see why this feature wouldn’t be the same in the US.

ETA: There is also a system “keyless entry” if you set that up. It means if you leave your vehicle with the key in your pocket or in your handbag you just pull on the door handle and it closes. I imagine this would work if you leave the key inside too.
I never saw my friend use that, though.

IME

Last edited:
Someone wanted it stolen. MOO.
I would think the same if it wasn’t locked.
Seems to me that parking the car between bushes is something one would do if they wanted to delay the discovery of it. The key inside would simply mean to leave all of it behind together.

I find always interesting how the different minds come to different conclusions with the same info. It’s fascinating. This makes this forum a great place.

IMO

Last edited:
Do you have a Macan?
If you press the lock button twice in 2 seconds the car is locked but the inside motion sensor disabled. This is designed to be able to leave your pet or child behind for a short time. Your window too will stay in the position you left it, so they can breathe.
I don’t have a Macan, but I have a friend with a dog who has. I’m in the EU, but I don’t see why this feature wouldn’t be the same in the US.

ETA: There is also a system “keyless entry” if you set that up. It means if you leave your vehicle with the key in your pocket or in your handbag you just pull on the door handle and it closes. I imagine this would work if you leave the key inside too.
I never saw my friend use that, though.

IME
I do have the Macan. Same year as the loaner. I will test disabling the motion sensor today and let you guys know how it works. As far as I know “keyless entry” is only an option for Porsche. The dealer told me Porsche as a company are not fans of this due to how easy it would be for criminals to break into the car. Something about the fob always transmitting a signal which can be unscrambled easily. The fob for cars without keyless entry only transmits the signal when your press the buttons on the fob. A person would have to include this feature when ordering a new car. Most lot cars or loaners would not have it. My Macan is a 2019 so I do not know if Porsche has added this as standard on any newer models.

I do have the Macan. Same year as the loaner. I will test disabling the motion sensor today and let you guys know how it works. As far as I know “keyless entry” is only an option for Porsche. The dealer told me Porsche as a company are not fans of this due to how easy it would be for criminals to break into the car. Something about the fob always transmitting a signal which can be unscrambled easily. The fob for cars without keyless entry only transmits the signal when your press the buttons on the fob. A person would have to include this feature when ordering a new car. Most lot cars or loaners would not have it. My Macan is a 2019 so I do not know if Porsche has added this as standard on any newer models.
Yes the keyless entry was in the news last year a lot here not only of the Porsche but all type of cars with keys which are emitting signals at all times. There were car thiefs operating with a signal strengthener/relayer here who could open the car parking next to the home that way. IIRC they were specialized in steeling Mercedes’.

I have a few questions:

Do we know how long Mr. White lived in the DFW area? Is there any evidence that he had ever visited or had any connection to the area where his body was found, e.g. attended a meeting or conference on the Paul Quinn College campus or had friends or clients who live or work nearby?

Is there any released video of him inside the RaceTrac store? I’ve seen the video of him outside pumping gas, and I’ve seen video of him entering and exiting the store, but it is limited to the door itself. What about video of him entering the Church’s parking lot?

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment anyone can offer!

Locked with keys inside.. but sunroof open so anyone could hop in and take it for a ride? Would explain why the seats were wet as it rained around the 25th.

This also gives credence to the theory that the body was dumped days after Alan disappeared, which is why the tires were muddy. I suspected as much.

Just speculating…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members