Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect Alan to have his ID/Driver's License to venture out on the road. And didn't Rusty say Alan told him he was going to be getting gas either going to the gym or on his return trip home? So he would need his wallet/debit/credit cards for such a purchase. If I wasn't sure if my significant other, who was late for a conference call meeting, had his ID/License with him, I would go look in our bedroom to check for his wallet.

The statement about the ID is puzzling.

Alan would need an gym membership ID to go to the gym. He would carry a photo ID to drive anyways so it is an odd thing to say.
I would expect Alan to have his ID/Driver's License to venture out on the road. And didn't Rusty say Alan told him he was going to be getting gas either going to the gym or on his return trip home? So he would need his wallet/debit/credit cards for such a purchase. If I wasn't sure if my significant other, who was late for a conference call meeting, had his ID/License with him, I would go look in our bedroom to check for his wallet.

The statement about the ID is puzzling.
<modsnip> The fact that Alan was reported missing so soon after makes me think people know more than they are saying about what happened immediately before Alan went missing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the comprehensive overview @Tiff23fr! I recall somewhere it was said that the car was locked but also the keys were in the car? Alan's brother definitely doesn't say that in the video so maybe I am misremembering.

In absence of any information on the state of Alan's body, I am thinking a lot about the car and what it can tell us. Although there is so little information on that too.

I think a lot of you are making way too much out of the ID thing. The question isn’t whether one might “expect” Alan to have his ID with him. All of us should be expected to carry ID with us when we drive. The question is whether Rusty knew for a fact that Alan had his ID with him. Maybe Rusty is one of those people that isn’t going to answer in the affirmative unless they actually laid eyes on the wallet in Alan’s pocket as he left. Or maybe the question wasn’t so much did he have it WITH him as did he have it ON him.

Often in statements and interviews, context is everything. Those who want to find a spouse suspicious are going to find grounds for it one way or another.

ETA: As others have noted, you don’t have to have debit/credit cards to get gas if the pump accepts Apple Pay.

So many people think he was targeted for the "expensive car" he was driving. If the car was the target, why was it abandoned? I just don't see the car as being the reason.
There is a very good chance his personal car (in for service or repairs) was more valuable than the loaner.
Only once have I gotten a service loaner that was more valuable than the car I had in for service.
I have the same car as the loaner. And I think the opposite. When I have my car in for service, the loaner is always a newer year, more expensive. I think they are trying to entice me to upgrade.

I, too, have questions about the car. Was the loaner due the same day Mr. White went missing? Was his car being repaired close to the RT? Has the loaner been returned? Was the original given to the husband?
I’ve wondered about these from the beginning and apologies if they have been asked and answered.

No idea. But it’s been 7 months. My first question would be did they try? And if so, how much ground did they cover?
I'm peeved that we still don't even know if LE searched for Alan!!! Even in the Suzanne Morphew case, where LE's lips were super-glued closed- we knew they searched for her. God help any of us if we go missing in Dallas.

Thanks so much for the comprehensive overview @Tiff23fr! I recall somewhere it was said that the car was locked but also the keys were in the car? Alan's brother definitely doesn't say that in the video so maybe I am misremembering.

In absence of any information on the state of Alan's body, I am thinking a lot about the car and what it can tell us. Although there is so little information on that too.

Here is the info on the keys:

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.

The vehicle was searched, but police didn’t find any clear evidence inside.

Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

So many people think he was targeted for the "expensive car" he was driving. If the car was the target, why was it abandoned? I just don't see the car as being the reason.
There is a very good chance his personal car (in for service or repairs) was more valuable than the loaner.
Only once have I gotten a service loaner that was more valuable than the car I had in for service.

yeah I am not in the "carjacking gone wrong" scenario. It was a loaner, AW would have no reason to be sentimental about it (even if it was special, it's property, can be replaced). If someone demanded his car, and gave AW an opportunity to do so, he would surely have chucked the keys and ran for it. Obviously JMO/speculative.

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.

Thank you, that's what I thought. For people who have followed lots of cases, do the keys being locked inside the car tell us anything? It just feels like a mysterious detail to me.

Would someone intending to return to the car leave the keys in the car? I know suicide makes no sense to most of us regarding this case (including me) but yet this detail points me that way. Just what I've been thinking, my opinion and I wonder what others think.

Thank you, that's what I thought. For people who have followed lots of cases, do the keys being locked inside the car tell us anything? It just feels like a mysterious detail to me.

Would someone intending to return to the car leave the keys in the car? I know suicide makes no sense to most of us regarding this case (including me) but yet this detail points me that way. Just what I've been thinking, my opinion and I wonder what others think.
How do you know that the car was locked?

Don’t know why this is coming to me....

Can the dealership that was repairing his car (and gave him the loaner) track the car on GPS.

Could this be related to where he serviced his car?

We were all curious early on about if the car was locked. I tested my car to see if I could lock it with the keys inside and I could not. Everything I tried did not work. I could not lock the car with the keys inside, even with my spare key. If I kept the windows down, locked it and then threw the keys back in the alarm would go off. I even tried throwing it through the sunroof. So IMO if the keys were inside, it was unlocked.
I know sources said it was locked but I do not know how it was possible.
Edit by me

New here, so forgive me if I unknowingly break any rules. Help me out to learn when I might inadvertently step on any toes.

I'm a former resident of Dallas, but I don't live in the Metroplex anymore.

1. I've seen questions as to why he worked out at the gym on Haskell rather than one closer to his house.

KPMG is located downtown on Ross Avenue. Pre-pandemic, he probably worked in the physical office.

LA Fitness on Haskell is between his house on Lexington and KPMG. Commuting into downtown in the morning can be a nightmare. At the least, you can count on heavy traffic every day. Likely to encounter less delay than if he was making the direct trip from closer to his home.

I lived in East Dallas area and worked downtown. I had creative ways to mostly avoid the inevitable daily traffic snarls and delays. (My routes always took me past the La Madeline on Lemmon Avenue. Love their coffee and can't resist the pastries.)

Just guessing on my part.

2. I doubt anyone from Paul Quinn has any responsibility. It isn't so much of an integral part of that neighborhood as the regular (and some transient) residents.

3. The neighborhood where his car and his body were found is Highland Hills. Definitely not among the safer places to be in the Dallas area.

Google searches for "Highland Hills" (Dallas/Oak Cliff, not the Mesquite neighborhood) give a considerable amount of info that informs about the nature of the immediate area.

One of the many problematic issues facing Highland Hills is homelessness, including many young adults (especially males) who are from there.

4. It's hard for me to believe that Alan White had any knowledge of the area, much less any familiarity with it. Thus, my opinion is that his presence there was not for the purpose of self harm.

5. "If you ain't from here, don't come here."

6. I'm leaning towards a carjacking gone bad that originated close to the RaceTrac. Possibly by someone who is from the Highland Hills area. Particularly one of the younger homeless guys, but that may very well be bias on my part.

Tragic loss for his loved ones.
WELCOME TO WS
Thank you for your "local" input on the area around there.

Now....just what the heck happened to AW ???

We were all curious early on about if the car was locked. I tested my car to see if I could lock it with the keys inside and I could not. Everything I tried did not work. I could not lock the car with the keys inside, even with my spare key. If I kept the windows down, locked it and then threw the keys back in the alarm would go off. I even tried throwing it through the sunroof. So IMO if the keys were inside, it was unlocked.
Edit by me

Thank you for testing that! It's really helpful that you have the same car.

So one of the statements seems to be untrue: either the keys were not in the car or the car doors were not locked. Obviously inclined to assume the police source saying the keys were in the car is the correct one and maybe the brother accidentally misspoke in the interview.

The keys being in the car is a detail that stands out to me and I am not sure what to make of it.

Edit by me

I wondered myself if the doors being locked could be a misunderstanding or something. Out of curiosity I did a search on locking keys in Porsche Macan. It seems it has happened, but it doesn’t seem it would be a normal thing to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*