Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the very early alarm bells get me as much as the late ones.. My partner has an "email all the time" job as well, and sometimes pulls over to communicate and if need be, log on to meetings on her phone or even run into a near by coffee shop.. so I would assume that would be what was happening, too much work popped up all at once to make it home before the meeting started.

I have zero solid theories, and car-jacking doesn't particularly strike me in this case.. however I've always leaned "closer to home"
moo.

Ditto. I’d panic earlier if I knew (or suspected) there was a threat or a meet-up. IMO. I initially thought a carjacking gone wrong but I keep going back to that panic. Not worry but panic. MOO.

Overall, it seems as if the DPD has a very full plate. Very.
I'm assuming they did the best they could, but that PD could clearly use more resources, in my amateur opinion.

That being said, it is *so* easy to miss remains outdoors. I have participated in searches where, in retrospect, remains were literally within inches of a grid search area and remained unseen, or seemingly stepped over. Mother nature is adept at embracing remains.

Alternatively, and less likely, AW's remains might have been housed elsewhere and recently deposited where they were found.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I agree that it might be easy to miss remains if we are relying on human vision. Cadaver dogs would need to be part of the equation.

I don't find the instant rush to panic suspicious; I do that all the time with my family members. But what I *don't* quite get is the bit about "not knowing if he had his ID with him or not" ... if you've already been panicking for half an hour, and you don't know if your spouse has their wallet or not, there's probably only one or two places to look, right? I mean, everybody has a different routine, but if it's not on the bedside table or the dresser or the pocket of the suit jacket, well then… they probably *do* have their ID with them, right? It just seemed like a unusually specific factoid to bring up to me, especially since the question could presumably have been so easily answered just with a quick look round ...

How early on were police alerted to his disappearance?
TIA!

I am trying to find a link on when the police were alerted. It appears the family was alerted and present within hours:

I got home at 6:15. He wasn’t home, so I didn’t think much about it; 6:30 rolls around, I start to get a little worried; 6:45 rolls around, and I start to get a little panicky because I knew he had a 7 o’clock conference call that he had to be home for. When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look,” Jenkins said.

Within hours, Jenkins said he was joined by one of White’s brothers and his mother.

Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

How early on were police alerted to his disappearance?
TIA!
I believe that Mr. White's husband reported Mr. White missing the morning of Mr. White's disappearance. "Rusty Jenkins, White's partner of 18 years, told the station that he reported White missing after he didn't return home from his workout. "I got in the car at 7, drove the route back and forth trying to find him. Trying to find evidence of a wreck somewhere," his husband told WFAA. "I was calling the hospitals trying to find out if there was an unidentified John Doe in any of the hospitals, because I didn't know if he had his ID with him or not."

Body of KPMG Executive James Alan White Found in Dallas 6 Months After He Was Reported Missing

I believe that Mr. White's husband reported Mr. White missing the morning of Mr. White's disappearance. "Rusty Jenkins, White's partner of 18 years, told the station that he reported White missing after he didn't return home from his workout. "I got in the car at 7, drove the route back and forth trying to find him. Trying to find evidence of a wreck somewhere," his husband told WFAA. "I was calling the hospitals trying to find out if there was an unidentified John Doe in any of the hospitals, because I didn't know if he had his ID with him or not."

Body of KPMG Executive James Alan White Found in Dallas 6 Months After He Was Reported Missing

Makes one wonder why he reported him so quickly and why not even 24 hours had passed when LE took the report. So many odd little things, to us, that hopefully will make sense, if and when they release more info or it goes to trial, if it proves to be homicide. Money was raised for a search and reward. Some of the articles mention the reward but afaik there were not any searches publicized.
Rusty was being interviewed via Zoom it appears o_O and it's not explained why Alan was upgraded to endangered.
Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

I agree that it might be easy to miss remains if we are relying on human vision. Cadaver dogs would need to be part of the equation.
Same scenario in my experience. The dogs are helpful, but not infallible. Remains get missed, even in a small search area....to be found in a second/third grid search. It's really hard to "see" outdoors. Mother nature = natural camouflage.

But what I *don't* quite get is the bit about "not knowing if he had his ID with him or not" ... It just seemed like a unusually specific factoid to bring up to me.

I'm with you on that. Why would it matter if he had ID on him or not?! Strange thing to worry about.
The only reasons you need ID is to prove who you are when alive, or prove who a body is when someone finds it.

MOO.

Attempt at a Timeline (will add to Timeline and Media Thread). If anything is in error or has been missed please feel free to adjust/edit:

Oct 22, 2020
4:45 am
- White and his husband, RJ, both left their home at around 4:45 a.m. Thursday, driving separate cars and going to separate gyms.
UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

5:38 am - A video camera captured Alan White leaving an LA Fitness on Haskell in Dallas
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

Apx 6:00 am - Surveillance video released by the family on Thursday comes from the morning of Oct. 22 at around 6 a.m. at a RaceTrac at 2506 Inwood Road.
Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

Apx 7:00 am - RJ leaves to search for Alan: When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look,” Jenkins said.

NOTE: Don’t know the order of family arrival and police report.

At some point that morning: Alan’s brother TW flew in from West Virginia.

'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

Within a few hours family present:

Apx 11:00 am: Jenkins filed a missing person report, #188623-2020, around 11 a.m. on Thursday with Dallas police Detective Carrington.

UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

Oct 27, 2020 Media Report:
So far, there’s no sign of his credit cards being used since his disappearance and his cell phone has apparently died.
The family has hired a private investigator.

Dallas Executive Alan White Missing For Almost A Week: 'He Had No Reason To Up And Leave'

Oct 29, 2020
Vehicle Located: 5800 block of Kitty Street. Between 2 bushes with keys inside:
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Vehicle located, but 55-year-old Dallas man remains missing | wfaa.com

"Only thing we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked.”
Family pleads with community to help find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

Nov 20, 2020 - search upgraded to “Endangered Missing”
Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Dec 4, 2020 - Release that case was moved to Special Investigations Unit
UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice

May 13, 2021 - Remains found
May 14, 2021 - Remains ID’d as James Alan White

Remains Found Near Paul Quinn College ID'd As Missing Dallas Executive James Alan White

Media and Timeline Thread: TX - Alan White, 55, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 -MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**

Last edited:
Same scenario in my experience. The dogs are helpful, but not infallible. Remains get missed, even in a small search area....to be found in a second/third grid search. It's really hard to "see" outdoors. Mother nature = natural camouflage.

Well, you can’t get to a second or third grid search without having a first grid search.

I was sad to see that his employer KPMG didn't show much concern other that putting out a short statement.

There was no offer of reward, nor help of publicising his disappearance, nor arrangement of their staff helping for searches.

To me, I thought it was a bit cold, and I felt sad they didn't think more of their employees. Also, with their impressive financial status, more could've been done.
I just want to address the KPMG not offering a reward. Often, large companies do not do that because it kindof makes their executives hostage risks. This isn't too common in the USA but it very much is an issue with high net worth or high impact employees traveling around the world. You don't offer reward or "ransom" - at least not outright. They don't want nefarious people knowing the "going rate" for a kidnapped worker. They may have something going quietly in the background with the family, however. I also expect that they cooperated fully with the investigation into his work devices (cell phone, laptop etc).

I worked at one of the other big fours for almost a decade, in a dept adjacent to the one that would handle such a thing and under no circumstances would we have publicly offered money in return for our employee. And if we would have, it would have been through a third party, under the table and away from all eyes.

That being said, if he would have disappeared while under official company business, all of the above would play out differently and the employer would be even more cautious about adding more liability.

These are just my personal experiences and speculation and opinion.

in context the ID makes a little more sense. If he was out driving back and forth looking for a car accident or evidence of one, he was thinking he got hurt in an accident and no one would be alerted due to having to identify him first.. so calling hospitals would have not worked as they would have had him as "John Doe" for awhile first.
But yeah, he could have looked in the usual wallet spots and figured out pretty quickly that he didn't just happen to leave his wallet on the same day he happened to get in an accident. moo

I'm with you on that. Why would it matter if he had ID on him or not?! Strange thing to worry about.
The only reasons you need ID is to prove who you are when alive, or prove who a body is when someone finds it.

MOO.
And your first scenario was relevant when Alan first went missing. Family are going to wonder if he got into an accident, ran the car off the road. Maybe still hidden off the road and not found hours later. Or, someone witnesses the accident and he is taken to the hospital but he is unconscious. With no ID, and possibly the plates and rental paperwork are missing or illegible, you have an unidentified man in the hospital while everyone is worrying where he is.

Could have been a leading question from police to Rusty, too. That would be a basic query as they’re getting other info about the missing man: “Did he have ID with him?” And Rusty probably would not be able to tell them with 100% certainty because that’s not something you instinctively know every time your spouse leaves the house. You assume, but you don’t KNOW.

Searches: I've heard of no LE searches of AW's home, and aside from getting AW's phone records from the carrier, I haven't heard if LE asked if they could search any person's phones, computers etc, and if they did what the response was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member