Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Doesn't Dateline usually wait to air an episode until there is resolution i.e. an arrest or trial? It will probably be a while, but glad they are covering the case.
I'm not sure. Maybe, the show is branching out. I recently saw an episode of Paula Zahn. She covered the case of Cali-Doe, where the murderer hasn't been found. IIRC, Paula's shows usually cover cases where the perp is prosecuted.

Do we think Alan was taken to the woods alive - or placed in there once he was dead?

And if we think it was when he was dead, do we think he was placed there the same day he went missing? Or kept somewhere then dumped later, maybe in darkness?

Do we think Alan was taken to the woods alive - or placed in there once he was dead?

And if we think it was when he was dead, do we think he was placed there the same day he went missing? Or kept somewhere then dumped later, maybe in darkness?

IMO he was taken there alive, killed, and his car was abandoned where it was found. Quick, surgical, planned.

MOO based solely upon conjecture.

I think it really depends on the people and the relationship. If I always went to the gym before work and was pretty much home around the same time every day, and one day I never came home and wasn’t answering phone/texts, my husband would FREAK OUT. Quickly. He is a worry wart and would be assuming the worst, probably driving around and calling hospitals. Some people aren’t like that, but some are.
The fact that his husband was worried so fast could mean something or nothing. MOO
Exactly, I would freak out over my husband but he normally would not. There was a time I got caught up at work and left my phone sitting in my office and he called the hospital and then came to my work, all over worry but I didn’t call him!

IMO he was taken there alive, killed, and his car was abandoned where it was found. Quick, surgical, planned.
MOO based solely upon conjecture.

Good to hear others opinions. Thank you.
What you've said goes against the carjacking theory, which a lot of people seem to believe.
If he wasn't robbed/killed for his car, what do you then think is the motive for killing.....personal or professional grudge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear others opinions. Thank you.
What you've said goes against the carjacking theory, which a lot of people seem to believe.
If he wasn't robbed/killed for his car, what do you then think is the motive for killing.....personal or professional grudge?

I don't even have a hunch about motive. I'm hunch-less! Based purely on statistics, the motive is likely personal. Maybe the COD will provide further clues.

I'm waiting to hear cod. I don't think he was waiting, stalling, lingering, whatever word to use for a hook-up, purchases of anything or anything nefarious.
I think he texted someone he knew, was close to, was waiting for an answer. Maybe did he or they want to grab a go breakfast or breakfast type items. I think the niece mentioned Alan had asked about donuts or similar but I couldn't find that particular article.
I think clues are staring us in the face and seemingly all are stuck at Racetrac and the parking lot.

There was also a post in Alan's thread(s) about his car not being seen just down the street at the CVS after he left RT. I can't figure out how to search a single thread in this somewhat unfriendly. Can anyone point me to the directions on how to do so? Not the main search function that wants to search all threads and won't let you narrow it.

Would a car jacker think to take Alan's phone and turn it off or take out the sim card right away? Not usually, they just want the car to go from A to B. Why leave the keys in the car? Why lock it? Do car jackers usually do that? Do car jackers kill and dump the person? Were any of the so called transients spoken to?
Rusty was concerned Alan didn't have any ID when he went looking and calling around for him, was Alan's wallet found? Was it left at home?
My map shows everything is right there, all it seems within 15-20 min drive. I wonder if they checked for video in other places along those roads? I think another thing the niece said was Alan had cameras in the front and back of his home and it didn't show his car returning.

Attachments

• alanmap.jpg
    alanmap.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm waiting to hear cod. I don't think he was waiting, stalling, lingering, whatever word to use for a hook-up, purchases of anything or anything nefarious.
I think he texted someone he knew, was close to, was waiting for an answer. Maybe did he or they want to grab a go breakfast or breakfast type items. I think the niece mentioned Alan had asked about donuts or similar but I couldn't find that particular article.
I think clues are staring us in the face and seemingly all are stuck at Racetrac and the parking lot.

There was also a post in Alan's thread(s) about his car not being seen just down the street at the CVS after he left RT. I can't figure out how to search a single thread in this somewhat unfriendly. Can anyone point me to the directions on how to do so? Not the main search function that wants to search all threads and won't let you narrow it.

Would a car jacker think to take Alan's phone and turn it off or take out the sim card right away? Not usually, they just want the car to go from A to B. Why leave the keys in the car? Why lock it? Do car jackers usually do that? Do car jackers kill and dump the person? Were any of the so called transients spoken to?
Rusty was concerned Alan didn't have any ID when he went looking and calling around for him, was Alan's wallet found? Was it left at home?
My map shows everything is right there, all it seems within 15-20 min drive. I wonder if they checked for video in other places along those roads? I think another thing the niece said was Alan had cameras in the front and back of his home and it didn't show his car returning.
Great post. Re searching in a thread -- when you have the thread open and you click on the search function there should be a drop down that offers the option to "search this thread only". Check that box and run your search. You can go into the 3 threads on this case and search each one that way.

Other posters are wondering why Alan chose the different Racetrac, but I'm wondering why Alan drove all the way down to that LA Fitness when there's another one right near Mockingbird/Lemmon where his house is pinned?

Also street view of that Racetrack and Church's shows quite a few people loitering and working on vehicles as well as shopping carts that appear to belong to vagrants, it could very well be sketchier when it's dark.

The church's and the autozone parking lots connect. Both appear to be older buildings with no front facing cameras. Racetrac has a camera on the ouer post, closest to church's, but the tree dividing the properties would most likely limit visibility. Buildings across the street are set further back from the road and have few tenants. Any cameras would probably be useless.

I see this in fairly simple terms. I believe Mr. White attracted attention with the expensive car he was driving. He was robbed, he resisted, he was killed, then the car and body were dumped in a location likely familiar to the robbers. The perps maybe had no interest in the car itself, just in the assumed easy assets of the driver.

I don’t find it odd that Mr. White went to the gym further from his house. Most likely that was the gym he preferred. I don’t find it odd that he went to the RT slightly off his route, perhaps he didn’t realize he needed to fill up until after he’d passed his usual gas station. I don’t find it odd that he started to leave RT, stopped, went inside, “lingered” but didn’t make a purchase. Maybe as he first started to drive off he thought of something he wanted to purchase – let’s say Excedrin because he had a headache – but RT only carries Advil and Tylenol. As others have stated in this discussion, I don’t find it odd that his partner knew something was wrong right away.

Maybe I’m just a lazy thinker.

Other posters are wondering why Alan chose the different Racetrac, but I'm wondering why Alan drove all the way down to that LA Fitness when there's another one right near Mockingbird/Lemmon where his house is pinned?

Also street view of that Racetrack and Church's shows quite a few people loitering and working on vehicles as well as shopping carts that appear to belong to vagrants, it could very well be sketchier when it's dark.

The church's and the autozone parking lots connect. Both appear to be older buildings with no front facing cameras. Racetrac has a camera on the ouer post, closest to church's, but the tree dividing the properties would most likely limit visibility. Buildings across the street are set further back from the road and have few tenants. Any cameras would probably be useless.
I think the LA Fitness on Haskell is in the direction of his employer -- downtown. That may be the reason he used that one. JMO.

I can't imagine why anyone that has been named so far would want to kill Alan. Rusty seems fairly legitimate to me, and his family has been super responsive and worried. As a fellow queer person, I totally understand Rusty's immediate fear when he didn't come home. You always fear the worst, as a person who is used to being openly hated. Alan was a very organized, strictly scheduled person so him not coming home on time would've scared me too. There's got to be somebody on the outskirts of this case that knew Alan enough to know his schedule that we're missing. I really hope they lean into the ex-co-worker angle but also look into extended friends and definitely get those phone records.
I just don't feel that it was a robbery, with nothing we know of stolen, or a suicide, knowing that the car was wet inside when they found it, despite the fact that it was sitting for a few days (although let me know if we've found out it has a sunroof or if that info has changed).
That said, if Alan's family is out here, I am so sorry for your loss and I really hope you are going to find justice and peace soon. We're here for you.

I see this in fairly simple terms. I believe Mr. White attracted attention with the expensive car he was driving. He was robbed, he resisted, he was killed, then the car and body were dumped in a location likely familiar to the robbers. The perps maybe had no interest in the car itself, just in the assumed easy assets of the driver.

I don’t find it odd that Mr. White went to the gym further from his house. Most likely that was the gym he preferred. I don’t find it odd that he went to the RT slightly off his route, perhaps he didn’t realize he needed to fill up until after he’d passed his usual gas station. I don’t find it odd that he started to leave RT, stopped, went inside, “lingered” but didn’t make a purchase. Maybe as he first started to drive off he thought of something he wanted to purchase – let’s say Excedrin because he had a headache – but RT only carries Advil and Tylenol. As others have stated in this discussion, I don’t find it odd that his partner knew something was wrong right away.

I just don't know about a robbery at the moment. It's possible but I haven't heard of any missing items so far, the car was unscathed to our knowledge (other than the interior being wet), and most robberies don't end in murder. It could be that he let somebody hitchhike, they pulled out a weapon and got him out of the car... but there's no known evidence in the car that implies that. If we got more information on the car and the items in it, I think we might be able to be more conclusive. You could be absolutely right and they should definitely investigate that. It's good to question whether or not it's just random chance.

Could be just that simple-

And if that car was parked in that secluded lot, the one known to locals and the police for "something", someone in that area noticed it before the police did and you can bet people were talking about it. That is the area to focus on searching, asking people what they saw and most importantly putting up reward posters.

So many people think he was targeted for the "expensive car" he was driving. If the car was the target, why was it abandoned? I just don't see the car as being the reason.
There is a very good chance his personal car (in for service or repairs) was more valuable than the loaner.
Only once have I gotten a service loaner that was more valuable than the car I had in for service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member