Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you suggest is certainly plausible. I’ll offer an alternative, however.

Until recently I had a very similar job to Alan. In my experience, the volume of emails is nonstop and you are basically expected to be responsive at nearly all hours. I check them on my phone when I’m in transit all the time (including today while getting gas) - and an important or interesting one will have my attention easily regardless of where I am. Any with the following (example) subject lines could have easily caused Alan to stop and engage and would be absolutely common in our shared line of work (my own opinion only, of course)

+ Run-of-show for 7am call
+ Alan - can you click off 7am call, I am stuck on another mtg
+ URGENT: Client *advertiser censored* issue we need to discuss
+ For review: documents I promised last night re: *advertiser censored* account

Corporate consultant email barrage is of course not the only explanation for lingering at the RaceTrac. Simply an alternative.
this is a really great post! Appreciate your experience and perspective

Its possible Alan and Rusty had already planned to sell their house before Alan's disappearance, so Rusty continued on with their plans.

I am curious about the details concerning the conference call. I wonder if anything was amiss with Alan's job?
Has his company made any statements?

Its possible Alan and Rusty had already planned to sell their house before Alan's disappearance, so Rusty continued on with their plans.

I am curious about the details concerning the conference call. I wonder if anything was amiss with Alan's job?
Has his company made any statements?

Yes.

In a statement to PEOPLE, a spokesperson for KPMG said: "We are very saddened by this news and our thoughts are with Alan's family and loved ones."

(I hope my effort to put their statement in a quote worked. It's been a long time.)

Body of KPMG Executive James Alan White Found in Dallas 6 Months After He Was Reported Missing

Until recently I had a very similar job to Alan. In my experience, the volume of emails is nonstop and you are basically expected to be responsive at nearly all hours. I’d check them on my phone when in transit all the time (including today while getting gas) - and an important or interesting one would have my attention regardless of where I am.

Any with the following (example) subject lines could have easily caused Alan to stop and engage and would be absolutely common in our shared line of work (my own opinion only, of course)

+ Alan - can you kick off 7am call, I am stuck on another mtg

Corporate consultant email barrage is of course not the only explanation for lingering at the RaceTrac. Simply an alternative.

edited for typos
Thanks for providing your perspective.

In the video, he had his hands in his pockets while pumping gas. He never checked his phone once while pumping gas. It wasn't until he opened his car door that he stopped to pull out his phone. It is not known why he pulled out his phone at that moment but he looked at his phone for a while, closed the car door, then went back into the store, where it was reported he hung around but did not did not make a purchase.

When he walked in and out of the store, he was not checking his phone.

It doesn't paint a picture of a guy bombarded with emails that he's constantly checking them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Pretty sure that was the White/Jenkins home at the time of Mr. White's disappearance, and is where Mr. White's husband was interviewed by media last fall. The gorgeous home sold in around March for like $1.83MM, meaning as a flip it may well have been a success. Kinda weird looking at the still-online listing pics, especially the walk

yes that was their house

I agree. What do we know for sure about Church’s, other than he wasn’t there to buy chicken? I assume there is video of the car pulling in? Does it just sit there parked? For how long? Is there video of it leaving and in what direction?
Bingo. That’s a big missing piece considering the atmosphere at that church’s. >MOO<

Last edited:
But that doesn’t say that he paused at Church’s. It says he drove “through” Church’s and Auto Zone and onto the road toward his home. I assume the businesses from RaceTrac to Church’s to AutoZone have a shared parking lot? Maybe there’s just a certain exit onto the road that he preferred to take and he had to traverse the parking lot to do so. I thought there was a report somewhere of him actually pulling into a Church’s but this seems innocuous.
are we allowed to post images here? You all need to see the homeless encampment I’m talking about.

are we allowed to post images here? You all need to see the homeless encampment I’m talking about.

Images from MSM articles may be posted. When posting the image, be sure to include the url in the post of where the image can be located to stay within copyright requirements. Images lifted from social media are against TOS. If the source of the image is one you have taken personally, just be sure to note that as the source.

Perhaps he walked the short distance to his apartment unit in the Mountain Creek Apartments, directly across the street from where the Macan was found. Or in 1 of the 2 other nearby complexes...

Hi all - just started following this case after John Lordan's video and very saddened by the news Alan was found deceased. I must have truly missed something though, does Alan have an apartment in the area of Bonnie View and Kitty st? Or was that speculation?

Hi all - just started following this case after John Lordan's video and very saddened by the news Alan was found deceased. I must have truly missed something though, does Alan have an apartment in the area of Bonnie View and Kitty st? Or was that speculation?
The reference was to a potential Perp walking to an apartment close by, not Alan.

amateur opinion and speculation

Until recently I had a very similar job to Alan. In my experience, the volume of emails is nonstop and you are basically expected to be responsive at nearly all hours. I’d check them on my phone when in transit all the time (including today while getting gas) - and an important or interesting one would have my attention regardless of where I am.

Any with the following (example) subject lines could have easily caused Alan to stop and engage and would be absolutely common in our shared line of work (my own opinion only, of course)

+ Alan - can you kick off 7am call, I am stuck on another mtg

edited for typos
And- its very common for people to take the calls in transit, especially when the calls are early (7:00am) or late (>5pm). Most of my day is made up of similar calls, most of which I am either a participant or in listen+lurk mode- i.e. I could stay on mute, be driving somewhere or talking to another person, sometimes even on another call on another phone. I don't think it is at all unreasonable that he drove himself 30 minutes away if the only reason he wouldn't do that is because he had to be home for a call at 7:00am. Not saying he did drive, but he wasn't time-constrained to 7:00am they way it is being portrayed. He could have been out all day, taken calls, and nobody at his job would know the difference.

This is what makes the immediate worry on the part of his partner a yellow flag for me. It just seems like there was a good reason to be concerned so quickly.

Driving around looking for a wreck, calling hospitals? He was a mile from home on a residential street, you would hear the sirens if that had occurred.

I don't find it particularly odd that Rusty was worried early on. This couple seems to have a consistent morning routine. I'm sure Alan had made it clear that he would be back around 6AM to prepare for the conference call. Yet when he wasn't home by 6:15....then 6:30...or by 6:45, Rusty knew something had to be wrong. It feels like this conference call was important which may have been what caused Rusty to assume the worst.
Not much has been shared about this call and I wonder if Alan was troubled over it or dreading it.

And- its very common for people to take the calls in transit, especially when the calls are early (7:00am) or late (>5pm). Most of my day is made up of similar calls, most of which I am either a participant or in listen+lurk mode- i.e. I could stay on mute, be driving somewhere or talking to another person, sometimes even on another call on another phone. I don't think it is at all unreasonable that he drove himself 30 minutes away if the only reason he wouldn't do that is because he had to be home for a call at 7:00am. Not saying he did drive, but he wasn't time-constrained to 7:00am they way it is being portrayed. He could have been out all day, taken calls, and nobody at his job would know the difference.

This is what makes the immediate worry on the part of his partner a yellow flag for me. It just seems like there was a good reason to be concerned so quickly.

Driving around looking for a wreck, calling hospitals? He was a mile from home on a residential street, you would hear the sirens if that had occurred.

But Rusty had no way of knowing that AW was only a mile from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214