Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We hear all the time about people going missing and being last seen at a spot, or their car is found, and then eventually a body is found and it’s often within a mile radius of the spot. So why didn’t they organize a search in 7 months to explore all areas within a mile radius of that car? Instead, as so often happens, they wait for some surveyor or power company technician to stumble upon it.

After Alan left the gym, I wonder if he participated in any phone calls or texts exchanges? It would be helpful to know his state of mind. I'm sure investigators have this information and now that Alan's remains have been recovered, the forensic results of the autopsy will likely advance the narrative of what happened that day.

So many people think he was targeted for the "expensive car" he was driving. If the car was the target, why was it abandoned? I just don't see the car as being the reason.
There is a very good chance his personal car (in for service or repairs) was more valuable than the loaner.
Only once have I gotten a service loaner that was more valuable than the car I had in for service.
It wasn't necessarily the car itself, but the perceived money/ATM/credit cards/jewelry of the driver. Quick easy hit.

I have tried to find out if his wallet and cell phone were recovered. If those are missing, it very well could have been a robbery.
Really hope we'll get to hear whether these possessions were on him or not. But, with the phone being turned off / SIM card taken out around 6:30am, I doubt it

We hear all the time about people going missing and being last seen at a spot, or their car is found, and then eventually a body is found and it’s often within a mile radius of the spot. So why didn’t they organize a search in 7 months to explore all areas within a mile radius of that car? Instead, as so often happens, they wait for some surveyor or power company technician to stumble upon it.
Overall, it seems as if the DPD has a very full plate. Very.
I'm assuming they did the best they could, but that PD could clearly use more resources, in my amateur opinion.

That being said, it is *so* easy to miss remains outdoors. I have participated in searches where, in retrospect, remains were literally within inches of a grid search area and remained unseen, or seemingly stepped over. Mother nature is adept at embracing remains.

Alternatively, and less likely, AW's remains might have been housed elsewhere and recently deposited where they were found.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I was sad to see that his employer KPMG didn't show much concern other that putting out a short statement.

There was no offer of reward, nor help of publicising his disappearance, nor arrangement of their staff helping for searches.

To me, I thought it was a bit cold, and I felt sad they didn't think more of their employees. Also, with their impressive financial status, more could've been done.

I was sad to see that his employer KPMG didn't show much concern other that putting out a short statement.

There was no offer of reward, nor help of publicising his disappearance, nor arrangement of their staff helping for searches.

To me, I thought it was a bit cold, and I felt sad they didn't think more of their employees. Also, with their impressive financial status, more could've been done.

I don’t feel we know what may have been expressed or done via internal communications as compared to external in the media. We also don’t know what was shared with the employer by LE at the time that would have guided their decision and approach externally. Just an opinion

Have police indicated that they believe he was murdered?
Nope. But Mr. White's brother Tim White, who doubtless has interacted with LE since his brother's remains were recovered, has flat out stated that he believes his brother was murdered and his body dumped.

IIUC, Alan White's phone ceased functioning around 6:30am that morn. I'd think it highly likely that whatever happened to him happened within a half hour of his appearance in the RaceTrak surveillance video at around 6:01am. Thus, within a half-hour's drive. As such, it could have happened in the RaceTrak neighborhood, or it could conceivably have happened in the Kitty St. neighborhood around 15 minute's drive south, where both Mr. White's vehicle and remains were recovered.

Suicide? Sudden medical condition? Car-jacking gone wrong? Robbery gone wrong? Hook-up gone wrong? Hit? Hook-up as set up for hit? Love triangle? I think odds are good tech will be used to successfully solve this case.

Last edited:
Nope. But Mr. White's brother Tim White, who doubtless has interacted with LE since his brother's remains were recovered, has flat out stated that he believes his brother was murdered and his body dumped.

IIUC, Alan White's phone ceased functioning around 6:30am that morn. I'd think it highly likely that whatever happened to him happened within a half hour of his appearance in the RaceTrak surveillance video at around 6:01am. As such, it could have happened near the RaceTrak neighborhood, or it could conceivably have happened in the Kitty St. neighborhood around 15 minute's drive south.

Suicide? Sudden medical condition? Car-jacking gone wrong? Robbery gone wrong? Hook-up gone wrong? Hit? Hook-up as set up for hit? Love triangle? I think odds are good tech will be used to successfully solve this case.

I'm stuck on the last text received at 6:30 am. Meaning the sim card was removed, depending on his type of phone or it was powered off. A car jacker, robber, or hookup is not going to do that, imo. Nor are they going to drive 15-20 mins south, leave Alan at the park and then drive the car, back it in between the shrubs, lock it and walk away or be picked up.

I'm stuck on the last text received at 6:30 am. Meaning the sim card was removed, depending on his type of phone or it was powered off. A car jacker, robber, or hookup is not going to do that, imo. Nor are they going to drive 15-20 mins south, leave Alan at the park and then drive the car, back it in between the shrubs, lock it and walk away or be picked up.
Yeah, a criminal meathead might not be that clever. And a suicide wouldn't do that either. I can think of someone who might - a pro. As in a professional hit. A hit for money. A paid hit. Which begs the question: Who might've wanted seemingly mild-mannered good guy Alan White dead, and been willing to pay to see it done?

Hmm. I wonder if perhaps Alan White felt like he was being followed that morn? Tailed from the LA Fitness. Maybe even tailed to the LA Fitness. Might that be why he went to a gas station he normally wouldn't - trying to shake a tailer? Might that be why he went inside the RaceTrak and just stood there - scared? Might that be why he is said to have lingered at the Church's lot next door - unsure what to do? Was a hitman, a hired killer, after him that morn? Seems a bit farfetched, but I suppose stranger things have happened. Maybe I watch too many crime shows...

Last edited:

Obviously none of us know who/how/why the phone was turned off or sim card removed, but it's certainly possible Alan did it himself, because he didn't want to be tracked at that time.

Alan's car was located in a known dumping spot in the 5800 block of Kitty street.
I don't think he drove it there.
I think he was murdered in one location, and either left there where he was found, or killed elsewhere and dumped where he was found, and his car was driven to the Kitty street location in an attempt at scattering evidence to complicate the investigation.

I'm hopeful that there is some sort of evidence left on his remains or clothing, something that connects back to the who, how and why.

jmo

Hmm. I wonder if perhaps Alan White felt like he was being followed that morn? Tailed from the LA Fitness. Maybe even tailed to the LA Fitness. Might that be why he went to a gas station he normally wouldn't - trying to shake a tailer? Might that be why he went inside the RaceTrak and just stood there - scared? Might that be why he is said to have lingered at the Church's lot next door - unsure what to do? Was a hitman, a hired killer, after him that morn? Seems a bit farfetched, but I suppose stranger things have happened. Maybe I watch too many crime shows...

I think you watch too many crime shows ;)
Indeed stranger things have happened, but in Alan's case, there's really no indication he was the victim of a professional hitman.

I think this is very possible and what I thought at the beginning. A professional hit would explain the apparent lack of clues (well planned) and the car being ditched. Car not the motive. JMO

I agree. I keep going back to the husband panicking so quickly, IMO.
I agree, the very early alarm bells get me as much as the late ones.. My partner has an "email all the time" job as well, and sometimes pulls over to communicate and if need be, log on to meetings on her phone or even run into a near by coffee shop.. so I would assume that would be what was happening, too much work popped up all at once to make it home before the meeting started.

I have zero solid theories, and car-jacking doesn't particularly strike me in this case.. however I've always leaned "closer to home"
moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members